The online racing simulator
Sound Pack for Patch Y (WIP)
(28 posts, started )
Hi!

This is an experimental sound pack, I am constantly trying to improve the sounds but sometimes things don't work out as expected, it might sound good on my system while sounding totally bad on another, so please test this sound pack and give me some feedback. Please include what type of sound system do you have and what kind of EQ settings (if any) do you use. Thanks.

In this version I added GTR sounds, the rest of the sounds are the same as in v0.5.

Here is the updated version: v0.51

Download links:Link 1,Link 2

Install:

Unzip the contents of the file to LFS\data\engine then fire up LFS, start a game, press Shift-A, click PACK and write N_pack_v05 then click OK.
are there any demo car sounds? or all S2s?
Quote from Clarity :are there any demo car sounds? or all S2s?

The complete list of updated sounds: BF1, FBM, FO8, FOX, FXO, FZ5, LX4, LX6, MRT, RAC, RB4, UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT.
Alright then, i'll give it a go
Some are nice, some aren't. The XRT sounds like a weak little girl now. Just pointing out and hope to see an improvement. Good start anyway.
Quote from Riders Motion :Some are nice, some aren't. The XRT sounds like a weak little girl now. Just pointing out and hope to see an improvement. Good start anyway.

Thanks for the input. Creating sounds is tricky because everybody has different sound systems, and it can sound totally different on another system.
Any sound preview?
________
WR450
Are you just using the LFS sound engine? Isn't it kind of limited in terms of making unique sounds? I've just started using CSR and I find it is way better.
the think about csr is that you need real sound recordings. but i have always been tempted to use the car sounds from the movie bullet cause that mustang sounds badass.
CSR is just samples, yes it will sound nice but it doesn't always relate to the engine, especiall if you give a 2 litre turbo V8 sounds
I had some time to work on sounds, the updated version is in the first post.
great work.. Though XFG sounds a little too agressive
Most of all I liked the sound FZ5. Now, it sounds almost the same as 911 Carrera.
I've updated the first post with the new version of the sound pack.
I'm not too sure how well deep V8'ish tone fits into 4-cyl cars, but I quite liked the LX6 sounds. Also BF1 is improvement over the original just because driving that with default sounds is sure way to get a headache.
Quote from Crommi :I'm not too sure how well deep V8'ish tone fits into 4-cyl cars, but I quite liked the LX6 sounds. Also BF1 is improvement over the original just because driving that with default sounds is sure way to get a headache.

Thanks for the feedback! This is a video of a real Starion it's got a pretty deep sound(@2 minutes in the video) but I'm not sure how much they revved the engine.
Yeah, I saw that video but engines are quite different and XRT's 2.0 seems more like high-tuned engine made for race tracks where Starion's specs look like it would be a pleasure to cruise around.

Starion 2600 GSR-VR
Type 2555cc EFI OHC 4-cyl turbo
Power 130kW @ 5000rpm
Torque 313Nm @ 3000rpm

XRT
Type 2000cc turbocharged inline 4
Power: 183 kW (245bhp) @ 6019 rpm
Torque: 325 Nm (239 lbft) @ 4585 rpm
Nice sounds , keep it up
I like them,but i made the FZ5 a bit louder,,,without clippin.
Quote from Crommi :Yeah, I saw that video but engines are quite different and XRT's 2.0 seems more like high-tuned engine made for race tracks where Starion's specs look like it would be a pleasure to cruise around.

Starion 2600 GSR-VR
Type 2555cc EFI OHC 4-cyl turbo
Power 130kW @ 5000rpm
Torque 313Nm @ 3000rpm

XRT
Type 2000cc turbocharged inline 4
Power: 183 kW (245bhp) @ 6019 rpm
Torque: 325 Nm (239 lbft) @ 4585 rpm

I saw some other videos where they were showing the 2.0 version of Starion and it wasn't very different(but youtube's quality is not the best). I'm not totally happy with all the sounds either so after this 2-3 days of continous real life work I'll continue the sound editing.

Quote from W1ldPort75 :Nice sounds , keep it up

Thanks!

Quote from Waffenaffe :I like them,but i made the FZ5 a bit louder,,,without clippin.

Hmm, it seems I forgot to increase the volume of the FZ5, thanks.
Yep.
but The rest sounds good.I use the XFG and XRG sounds^^
The XFR sounds a bit boring and plastic,try to tune^^
Quote from Waffenaffe :Yep.
but The rest sounds good.I use the XFG and XRG sounds^^
The XFR sounds a bit boring and plastic,try to tune^^

I didn't edit any GTR sounds so far, but I hope today I'll have time to start the work on them.
I'm making some progress with GTR sounds. I'll probably upload the first version later today.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I'm making some progress with GTR sounds. I'll probably upload the first version later today.

updated yet??? im about to d/l but ill wait for the GTR sounds

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG