The online racing simulator
"Master Server" Bug
(4 posts, started )
"Master Server" Bug
I have found a bug having to do with the S2 master server, but I don't know if it is really a bug. When 1 or more people are in the meeting room I cant find any servers at all they say No Reply 70 Can join host 0. Screenshot is attached. You guys should check this out.

Procedure: If there is someone in the meeting room and all the servers are loaded according to your filter criteria, refresh the master server and watch what happens. With me, none of the servers come up and it takes a while to check all the servers.

Thank you for all your time and thanks for trying it,
-NoYPiDRiFTER

edit: Uhh, I think I found it again, even if there is no people in the meeting room. I tried moving my internet from the PCI card I put in to the old internet port, it helped my fps but didn't change anything. I need the diagnosis of you guys because I am getting scared that my T3 internet is messed up or that my LFS.exe is defective.

Attached images
meeting room bug.JPG
anyone help??? its hard not to notice...
#3 - Nilex
Same problem here
Hi!

Happens to me too. U can relax - your "exe" is just fine
...or, on the other hand, everybody has a defective executable.

It's actually pretty easy to recreate and circumvent. But the problem will stay forever, until fixed.

Recreate part:

- go to "Multiplayer" -> "Display list of hosts" (select DEMO - requires a full host) -> press "OK"
- wait until "List of Hosts" screen fills with nice juicy full servers
- pick one full server and connect
- if you did it right "Host is full" message awaits you -> press "OK"
- you should be in "Join Specific Host" -> press "Back"
- in "List of Hosts" -> press "refresh" button
- VOILA ! We did it. It works every single time.

btw, ^^ reminded me of an old ZX Specy text adventure (only thing missing - a rope )

- oh yes, if u didn't already, press "ECS" (or "SPACE") button on your keyboard to stop the "invisible" host listing.

Me personally have never waited beyond 12 failed connects (they fail in quartet - 4 by 4) but i assumed it goes to the end. Seeing from your screeny indeed that’s the case. Let's continue, we're almost there

NOTE: Could be that "Host is full" message is not the only thing that triggers "invisible" host (almost typed ghost) listing. It's possible that any kind of failed connection to a server, full or not, triggers it (e.g. - When during connection period someone disconnects from a server - also fails the connection). But i did not test it!

Circumvent part:
(this will actually only really help you exited the game and ran it again, because this way is much faster and works also 100%)

- okay so u pressed "ESC", u have 0 hosts on the screen -> press "Back"! (now if u pressed "refresh" again, like I'm sure 99% of you instinctively have (I did), just press "ESC" to stop the agony)
- now in "Multiplayer" screen, select "Display list of hosts" -> press "OK"
- VOILA ! Like nothing happened (unless you stumble into a seemingly stacked (13/14 - but not full), that got full while u waited for "ESC" to stop the listing)

That's all! Hope it relived some of your worries at least

Ciao!
Thanks man, Now I'm not scared :P

"Master Server" Bug
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG