The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 1 Entry List and Information
Round 1 of the LFS Beginner's Cup will take place on either the 3rd of February.

Summary Info:
Cars: XFG/XRG
Laps: 10
Pit Stop?: No
Track: BL GP Normal

Please Post in here which car you will be using, like my post below.

Entry list (entry number in brackets):
  1. (1) J@tko - Jack (ENG) - XFG
  2. (2) FinnWest - FinnWest - XFG
  3. (3) TAYLOR-MANIA - TAYLORâ„¢MANIA - XFG
  4. (4) pete44ni - Pete904NI - XFG
  5. (5) cougar7005 - jeff h - ?
  6. (6) Jimaxx -GRace|Jim - XFG
  7. (7) dougie-lampkin- [OPC]ROB! - XFG
  8. (8) EveningStar - EveningStar - XRG
  9. (9) Hurley24 - GRace|HuRLeY - ?
  10. (10) mccoll99 - mccoll99 - XFG
  11. (11) JO53PHS - JO53PHS - XFG
  12. (12) hyntty - HynTTy - XFG
  13. (13) Dalek0220 - [SR]DalekSam - XFG
  14. (14) Dannz - Captain Slow - XRG
  15. (15) Arnaud Amaury - AfterEwe - XRG
  16. (16) DR.SKULL - DR.SKULL-KaWbEs - ?
  17. (17) D_Moriarty - Dean Moriarty (HUN) - XFG
  18. (18) mfekjaer - Magnus - XFG
  19. (19) TG44 - TG44 - XFG
  20. (20) Technique - Technique - XRG
  21. (21) evilpimp - RP MistaTea - XFG
  22. (22) trackday_addict - scratcher - ?
  23. (23) Stan - Stan - XFG
  24. (24) Andy 543NI - ? - ?
  25. (25) kABLiuks - kABLiuks LTU - XFG
  26. (26) Uala - Uala - ?
  27. (27) viper-2007 - viper-GTS[G25 - ?
  28. (28) Marlbro - Marlbro - XFG
  29. (29) welshys90 - Scott McLaughlin - ?
  30. (30) Musachan - Musa - XFG
  31. (31) P.Wadsworth - P.Wadsworth - ?
  32. (32) wadsworthsimon - Simon Wadsworth - ?
  33. (33) Reflex1 - Reflex 1 - ?
  34. (34) r8devil-r8devil-3 - ?
  35. (35) Waz - Waz - XFG
  36. (36) Fredthebest - =Nightmare= - XFG
  37. (37) oophus - oophus - ?
Please do not post in here unless I have confirmed your entry to the series here.

Your entry number is the number next to your name here and will be the same for the entire series.
#2 - J@tko
Entry Number: 1
LFS Username: J@tko
Car: XFG
Entry Number: 4
LFS Username: pete44ni
#4 - J@tko
Do I see a patten emerging here?
Entry name: GRace|Jim
#6 - J@tko
Yep!
Entry Number: 11
LFS Username: JO53PHS
Entry Number: 10
LFS Username: mccoll99
Entry Number: 7
LFS Username: dougie-lampkin

From what I've seen on CTRA Race 1, XFG prevails
Entry Number: 15
LFS Username: Arnaud Amaury
Car: XRG
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Entry Number: 7
LFS Username: dougie-lampkin

From what I've seen on CTRA Race 1, XFG prevails

But the XRG is faster round Blackwood because of the long back straight.

Quote from Arnaud Amaury :Entry Number: 15
LFS Username: Arnaud Amaury

Thank you for picking a different car!!!!

I wonder what everyone'll pick for round 7 - all difficult cars!
From the Desk of the Race Director on this 31st of December 2007

I have the luxury of doing this early because, well, I can.

I will be posting in the round information/entry thread certain administrative items that should be published before the Event. They will at least have this information: Whether a Safety Car will be in use, how major incidents will be handled, parc ferme location, and more.

For the 1st Round of the Inagural LFS Beginner's Cup:

Safety Car will NOT be present.

In the event of a major accident (track blocked, car unable to be quickly moved from a racing line or within 1.5 car widths of it or an incident that involves at least 60% of the field), I will stop the race. I will display a Race Control Message saying "RACE STOPPED" in Red Letters. I will outline full red flag procedures during the middle of January

Upon finishing the race, all drivers are reqired to proceed at a moderate speed and treat the course as under yellow flag and return to the pitlane, and park in rows of 3 at the head of pitlane, beginning at the space between the first garages in pitlane, and parking as close to the building as possible. Please leave a small gap between cars. Please do not drive into a pit stall after the race. Please do not spectate or leave the server until cleared by the admin. The admin may request setups to be sent for inspection.

If you have an incident and your car is too damaged to be driven, please move it to a safe location off to the side of the course. I will mark a map of the course with ideal safe locations that it would be preferred for you to navigate to. DO NOT SPECTATE UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO ! I wish to increase realism for any broadcasting and have broken cars off to the side of the course. I will direct sometimes to spectate, if your car would have been craned or pushed into a space behind the wall.

EOM
Quote from dekojester :From the Desk of the Race Director on this 31st of December 2007

I have the luxury of doing this early because, well, I can.

I will be posting in the round information/entry thread certain administrative items that should be published before the Event. They will at least have this information: Whether a Safety Car will be in use, how major incidents will be handled, parc ferme location, and more.

For the 1st Round of the Inagural LFS Beginner's Cup:

Safety Car will NOT be present.

In the event of a major accident (track blocked, car unable to be quickly moved from a racing line or within 1.5 car widths of it or an incident that involves at least 60% of the field), I will stop the race. I will display a Race Control Message saying "RACE STOPPED" in Red Letters. I will outline full red flag procedures during the middle of January

Upon finishing the race, all drivers are reqired to proceed at a moderate speed and treat the course as under yellow flag and return to the pitlane, and park in rows of 3 at the head of pitlane, beginning at the space between the first garages in pitlane, and parking as close to the building as possible. Please leave a small gap between cars. Please do not drive into a pit stall after the race. Please do not spectate or leave the server until cleared by the admin. The admin may request setups to be sent for inspection.

If you have an incident and your car is too damaged to be driven, please move it to a safe location off to the side of the course. I will mark a map of the course with ideal safe locations that it would be preferred for you to navigate to. DO NOT SPECTATE UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO ! I wish to increase realism for any broadcasting and have broken cars off to the side of the course. I will direct sometimes to spectate, if your car would have been craned or pushed into a space behind the wall.

EOM

WOW - That's fantastic. Just a quick addition, as many people (including me ) forget - NO OVERTAKING UNDER YELLOWS.
Quote from J@tko :WOW - That's fantastic. Just a quick addition, as many people (including me ) forget - NO OVERTAKING UNDER YELLOWS.

This is addressed in Series Rule 2.g.

Entry Number: 8
LFS Username: EveningStar
Entry Number: 14
LFS Username: Dannz
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :So, what happens if a damaged car is stationary and has retired from the race but it's parked off the track...The yellow flags are still displayed, but it's a place where passing could occur.
Wouldn't it be better to just spectate that broken car (which is no longer competing) so no yellow flags are given to the others in the race? It would only interfere with the racing. And if keeping the cars that are no longer in the race near the track is purely to aid realism in a broadcast, then surely the actual racing is more important to the broadcast?

You've got a point there...

Maybe the damaged cars could stay on for a lap or two and the quickly spectate when nobody is watching.
Hmm, WR for XFG is 1:33.29, and WR for XRG is 1:33.21...

I suppose it is faster, but XFG is quicker for beginners

My PB in XFG around BL1 is 1:39.36
Quote from JO53PHS :You've got a point there...

Maybe the damaged cars could stay on for a lap or two and the quickly spectate when nobody is watching.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :But there's a problem with that ^ and this -

So, what happens if a damaged car is stationary and has retired from the race but it's parked off the track...The yellow flags are still displayed, but it's a place where passing could occur.
Wouldn't it be better to just spectate that broken car (which is no longer competing) so no yellow flags are given to the others in the race? It would only interfere with the racing. And if keeping the cars that are no longer in the race near the track is purely to aid realism in a broadcast, then surely the actual racing is more important to the broadcast?

I have parked in some places on course (Blackwood only so far and with a functioning car and with a broken one) and followed other cars and seen no yellow flag. These are places where there are walls blocking from the action.

I'll check this out in the next couple weeks and I may change it.

Thank you for the comments.

d
LFS Username: <-------------
Number: 13
It'd be wonderful to be in that car/combo again, enjoyed it alot during demo.

EDIT: Yesterday, hyntty gave me number 13, and forgot to add to the post
Entry Number: 20
LFS Username: Technique
I thought I said it but I still have a ? beside my name...I'm XFG
#24 - TG44
Entry Number: 19
LFS Username: TG44

I'd so want to take the XRG cos rwd rulez but (with the default setup) i got like one 1:40 and lots of 1:44's in the XRG. while in the XFG i get 1:40's and like one 1:41....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG