The online racing simulator
Car slowing down in latter stages
(16 posts, started )
#1 - myx
My car is slowing down in latter stages of the race very often. Not on all tracks though, but exceptions are minor. On the CTRA servers things begin to go wrong about halfway into the race. I checked the Clutch, i had no more damage then any other. Tyres were perfectly normal temp after a few laps, had no spins to damage was nothing that should drag me down(last laps i drive about 10 secs slower then usual, cant even get in 4th gear on south city sprint e.g)

I tried driving on singleplayer and kept hitting great laptimes around 1.00 and it was consistent aswell, throughout all the laps(10).

So im guessing CTRA servers have a different setup about damage and such. I still to this day cant figure out what is wrong leaving me practically last in every race i participate. The first laps where i actually can compete i can keep up with the other cars, so im not a slow racer. I will suffice some replays for you people tonight since i can't do it atm. Anyone who has an idea what it might be?
you may have damaged the engine by revving too high.

...how can a demo racer use ctra servers`??
#3 - myx
Quote from Not Sure :you may have damaged the engine by revving too high.

...how can a demo racer use ctra servers`??

Yes, i rev when the blip comes, i noted it was unusually high revs but didnt think about it.

I race under a different name, because of complications with my registration.
The engine will 'popcorn' if you damage it - it will make small popping sounds rather than sounding smooth.

To get an idea of the sound, take a front-wheel drive car down the blackwood back straight and ram it into 1st gear at full speed. Poppity-pop!
If I change down from 5th to 2nd will that damage the engine...

I did it yesterday and the sound it made was awful - like a squirrel being murdered.
you should try this with UF1 go drive on oval on max speed in 4th gear then hold clustch shift down to 1st gear and let clutch go..
then your engine is broken
like crashgate3 said Poppity-pop!
Quote from myx :My car is slowing down in latter stages of the race very often. Not on all tracks though, but exceptions are minor. On the CTRA servers things begin to go wrong about halfway into the race. I checked the Clutch, i had no more damage then any other. Tyres were perfectly normal temp after a few laps, had no spins to damage was nothing that should drag me down(last laps i drive about 10 secs slower then usual, cant even get in 4th gear on south city sprint e.g)

I tried driving on singleplayer and kept hitting great laptimes around 1.00 and it was consistent aswell, throughout all the laps(10).

So im guessing CTRA servers have a different setup about damage and such. I still to this day cant figure out what is wrong leaving me practically last in every race i participate. The first laps where i actually can compete i can keep up with the other cars, so im not a slow racer. I will suffice some replays for you people tonight since i can't do it atm. Anyone who has an idea what it might be?

In the new patch the engine has been updated so it is more affected by high revs. That means that when you come down to a slow corner hit the brakes and slam it into second for example the engine will be reved very high. you can avoid this by setting the brakes for more pressure so you dont affect braking distance and then shift down more gently.

sorry if this is a bit hard to understand but its in the night and i am very tired so the concentration is not to good.
Just make sure you are with in the rev limit when you are about to change down. If you go past the revlimiter on downshifts the engine will get damaged.
#9 - myx
So no shifting multiple gears in teh future, and brake before shifting to avoid revving too high?
No no no. Thrash your car so much that you manage to get 3 laps ahead. Go to pits and get a brand new gearbox!

You will find yourself still in the lead*

*Ignore my advice
I've also noticed a similar affect relating to tyre temps on some low powered cars. For example, in the FOX I am finding that on cold tyres I have a top speed 1 - 1.5 mph higher compared with when the tyres are warmed up. I can only assume this is caused by the increased mechanical grip the warm tyres give you.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I've also noticed a similar affect relating to tyre temps on some low powered cars. For example, in the FOX I am finding that on cold tyres I have a top speed 1 - 1.5 mph higher compared with when the tyres are warmed up. I can only assume this is caused by the increased mechanical grip the warm tyres give you.

Shouldn't higher tyre pressures (as of with hot tyres=higher pressures than cold tyres) result in less friction thus higher top speed? Do they grip that much that they slow the car down instead?
Or because the higher pressure increases the rolling circumference of the tyre, so that for a given 'real' speed your speedo will read lower.
Not sure what its down to. I run max pressure most of the time with the FOX.

Don't think it's just a speedo reading thing because I'm prestty sure its reflected in the split time too. And yes - I'm getting fastest split times on cold tyres. This is split 1 at AS4 I'm talking about though which is a high speed sector.

Interesting
#15 - SamH
Quote from myx :I race under a different name, because of complications with my registration.

You cannot create 2nd accounts on the forum. You must use your S2 licence account only. If you are having problems with your WEBpassword, then contact the devs.
#16 - SamH
myx, I require you to PM me your LFS S1 or S2 account username immediately.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG