The online racing simulator
SHIFT+F improvement
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Woz
SHIFT+F improvement
I like to drive in SHIFT+F mode but its a pain having to toggle on/off at the start/end of the race. This is needed or you never see how you did etc.

It would be better if SHIFT+F was only active at certain times.

So when enabled it would start when you get lined up on the grid and then end when you crossed the line at the end of the race.

Same in qualify, comes on when you leave the garage and disables when you pit.

This way you can leave SHIFT+F on and still see your results etc at the end of the race.

Final part needed is a pit board as you pass the pit lane so you can see what is going on in the race.
hmmm shift +f is cool to race but i think that the server should control wether shift +f is enabled or disabled cause its also more realistic
Quote from Willem-racer :hmmm shift +f is cool to race but i think that the server should control wether shift +f is enabled or disabled cause its also more realistic

I would agree to that, but then, if there is forced shift+f, maybe in combination with the existing fcv, I would like to have something like Becky Rose's LFS Companion intigrated in LFS, with the function to ask about positions or laptimes by pressing a certain button.
I have CTRL-F bind on my DFP, when I hit select.
But I like the idea.
I'd just like shift-f to be configurable. Perhaps to cycle through Full HUD, Custom HUD1, Custom HUD2, No HUD, and also have direct keys to those if desired, or the option for one of the customs to automatically show itself when you pass the pits.
I don't think Custom HUD needs explaining - just freedom to select which little elements you'd like to stay visible, just the map for example, or just the position list, or everything except the position list etc etc.
Quote from Woz :its a pain having to toggle on/off at the start/end of the race

O the hardships of simulated racing.
#7 - wark
Quote from Willem-racer :hmmm shift +f is cool to race but i think that the server should control wether shift +f is enabled or disabled cause its also more realistic

Quote from xaotik :O the hardships of simulated racing.

Not so! In real life you know this information before the race has started and after the race has ended. It would be simulating some kind of 'helen keller edition' racing if it didn't show you.

You already know what temperature your tires are before a race—that wouldn't exactly be much of a cheat either.

I mean, who doesn't know what grid position they're starting from, or where they finished?

SHIFT+F improvement
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG