The online racing simulator
lfs high resolution driver suit
(32 posts, started )
Quote from felplacerad :
5th December 2005, 04:27: start with the suits, they're just 256x256 ...

I gave the original suits some pie and look what happened:

1024x1024 skin attached below, it goes into yer \lfs\data\pic folder.
And here is a link to the original layered gimp xcf and an exported .psd (the layer modes didn't come out quite right though so good luck with that!)
Attached images
SUITX.jpg
Looks lovely. If it's not to much trouble, could we have a un-sponsored version of it?
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Looks lovely. If it's not to much trouble, could we have a un-sponsored version of it?

Thank you. Yeah, i suppose, i'll sort that out tomorrow
@FEL

Yes that is nice
But is this so all can se it ? or only u ?

Easy_Mike try to do one SDRA overall but that dont work so all can se it
Micke, I made this skin beacuse the original suits are distributed at such a low resolution and looks kind of out of place. Only you will be able to see it. At the moment lfs doesn't support online sharing of driver skins.
No offence intended, but it looks like a wetsuit.
Quote from thisnameistaken :No offence intended, but it looks like a wetsuit.

haha yeah ... i don't really know what to do about it though.
You need to add some shoulder straps.

Its all looks a bit too similar and boring (in terms of colour) at the min i think, give it a bit of colour here and there and it'll be much better.

Kinda like this.

Nice work though, much better then the fugly default version, thanks.
Thanks for this. Much better.
once you get the shading done on it, it will look great! (right now its to bright in all places that .. shouldnt be bright)
Quote from L(Oo)ney :You need to add some shoulder straps.

Its all looks a bit too similar and boring (in terms of colour) at the min i think, give it a bit of colour here and there and it'll be much better.

Kinda like this.
http://www.arrowkarts.com.au/p ... ges/1107240772_large_.jpg

Nice work though, much better then the fugly default version, thanks.

I agree, that is a perfect example of a nice suit. The suit made above looks kinda like granite or carpet, no offense, but most suits have that 'flame-retardant' look with a bit of shine to it... that gray suit would burn up in seconds
Thanks for the feedback guys, i'll see what i can come up with ...

i'll post a logo-less version in a little while ...
#13 - Gunn
I think you've done quite well. The quilting looks good. I don't think your texture needs too much tweaking to give a better look. Nice work.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Looks lovely. If it's not to much trouble, could we have a un-sponsored version of it?

hello again, sorry for the delay, i took some advice and i am currently working on shading the parts of the skin that isnt automatically shaded within lfs. this is a hassle beacuse of the crazy skin mapping :P

i'll try to finish it tomorrow (monday)
Whats the zipper for, its not like hes ever coming out of that suit
Quote from Vendetta :Whats the zipper for, its not like hes ever coming out of that suit

i hope you havent forgotten how racing is better than sleeping with a woman as bob had said a while back in RSC lol :icon23:
Quote from Vendetta :Whats the zipper for, its not like hes ever coming out of that suit

did i hear a request for a zipperless version for the die-hard fans?
Quote from Supra1993 :very nice work there, but do you think you can make a white suit with that level of quality, white with no sponsors on it, and possibly light grey lines on the sleeves and weist instead of the red once u had. thanks

no problem. just sit tight (exams next week plus im trying to earn some money by working extra ... being a student sucks (economy-wise)) ...

btw whats wrong with the logos? i guess you guys wanna add your own
Maybe could you add like a seatbelt to the suit. It would make me feel much safer on T1.
Quote from Vendetta :Maybe could you add like a seatbelt to the suit. It would make me feel much safer on T1.

i'll try
Edited 1st post ...
Sexy, I must say
Yes, thank you Fel! I might make my own suit now
Very nice! But something tells me that gloves are in different file. Could you make them, too please?
Quote from Lible :Very nice! But something tells me that gloves are in different file. Could you make them, too please?

yeah they're in some dds file ... Im not sure if i will ever do those they're not as bad as the original suit were. im still working on the suit though, it's turning out rather nicely with the details im adding - i'll post it here soon.

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG