The online racing simulator
No AA since patch Y and nvidia 169.25 :(
Vista 32
8800 GT
nvidia 169.25
LFS patch y

Nothing I do in either LFS's settings or the nvidia control panel changes the AA/AF settings.

I've tried the LOD -> clamp BS already, does nothing. AA will not run no matter where or how I set it. I've been through 10 pages of threads talking about this issue one way or the other and none of the suggestions does anything on my setup.

Works fine in every other game etc.

My last TWO video cards looked better than this...
Quote from HarrY JuicE :Vista 32
8800 GT
nvidia 169.25
LFS patch y

Nothing I do in either LFS's settings or the nvidia control panel changes the AA/AF settings.

I've tried the LOD -> clamp BS already, does nothing. AA will not run no matter where or how I set it. I've been through 10 pages of threads talking about this issue one way or the other and none of the suggestions does anything on my setup.

Works fine in every other game etc.

My last TWO video cards looked better than this...

try running a different screen resolution in LFS then you do on your desktop. For example, 1280x1024 in LFS and 1280x960 in your desktop or just anything different from your desktop res.
^ Same issue. No AA or AF.

Why don't they just include the AA and AF settings in the game itself? Seems like with every new card/driver/LFS version there are issues with this.
Only time I had this happen was a bad driver install - wiping them out and re-installing fixed it. Usually just a simple uninstall of the prev nvidia drivers, without totally wiping all things nvidia out of the registry, helps.
Quote from HarrY JuicE :^ Same issue. No AA or AF.

Why don't they just include the AA and AF settings in the game itself? Seems like with every new card/driver/LFS version there are issues with this.

+1
I have had that problem with both nvidia and ati cards. It truly sucks because those setting hardly ever works in drivers. In these days LFS is probably only game that don't have AA/AF setting in game and that is a shame
#6 - Jakg
Quote from xaotik :Only time I had this happen was a bad driver install - wiping them out and re-installing fixed it. Usually just a simple uninstall of the prev nvidia drivers, without totally wiping all things nvidia out of the registry, helps.

Snap. For me the only way i could cure it was a complete re-install of Windows.
Quote from Jakg :Snap. For me the only way i could cure it was a complete re-install of Windows.

Drastic. The installation I mostly use has gone from nt4->2k->xp, has been carried over through multiple hardware upgrades and has yet to be wiped for a true reinstall. And it surely wouldn't be subjected to one for something trivial like that.
You could try nHancer. http://www.nhancer.com/ It does much better job controlling profiles and AA/AF settings than nvidia drivers
same problem here
nhancer doesn't help either
i reserve myself for stupid post but:

did i understand right..chancing it correclty in advanced 3d settings/ Nvidia controlpanel dont chance AA or AF ingame?

*i dont think i managed to spell this right...again*
yes
changing AA/AF settings in the LFS profile in the nvidia driver (either with the driver control panel itself or with nhancer) does not work
the only option is to set the AA/AF settings in the global profile (which applies to ALL games )
Quote from Vilkacis :yes
changing AA/AF settings in the LFS profile in the nvidia driver (either with the driver control panel itself or with nhancer) does not work
the only option is to set the AA/AF settings in the global profile (which applies to ALL games )

It's still better than Ati catalyst wich don't work even on global profile (least not on 3870 and cat7.12)
I am having the same problem. The issue is with the new nvidia drivers. The only thing you can do is revert back to the old drivers to get the AA to work. This was taken from the front page of www.tweakguides.com

Forceware Forced Anti-Aliasing Issues

23 December 2007

The latest Official Forceware 169.21 and 169.25 have problems with allowing many users to force Anti-Aliasing via the game-specific profiles in the Forceware Control Panel. Any forced Anti-Aliasing for specific applications or games may not work; you can only force AA via the Global Settings tab, but clearly this will then apply equally to all your games, which is generally undesirable. For this reason, you may wish to try an older or newer Beta version instead. I've switched to using the recent 169.13 Beta Forceware which doesn't suffer from this issue and seems quite good. You can obtain it from here: XP 32-bit, XP 64-bit, Vista 32-bit, and Vista 64-bit.
What i have discovery over time fighting with nvidia and now with ati is, that you should keep resolution and freshrate same as desktop and not use windowed mode when get multiplayer list. Then drivers just may remember AA&AF setting...or not
Same problem.

Ati x1950pro
Catalyst 7.10 (will try now with 7.12, 7.11 won't install)
Ati Tray Tools

With global settings it's ok. AA works normal. But I don't want to use global setting because all my other games have in game AA settings so my global setting should be AA off.

I manage this with game profiles from Ati tray tools but it is not working since patch Y.

Is it hard to implement in game settings for AA and AF?

Edit: OK, now it works with 7.12.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG