The online racing simulator
In Game Voice Over
(11 posts, started )
In Game Voice Over
would it maybe be a suggest to put in the ability to use a microphone which will help with a 24 hour race or longish races between team members however i know alot of people get put off by the fact that it may distract them but if they think it may distract them then why not just not use it?
Teamspeak
Ventrilo
+others

Why waste time coding something that already exists in quite a polished state?
ahh fair enough, also very true my stupidity i didnt think about that.! SCRATCH THAT :P
the point (may) be that if everyone used the same one, it would be better.
Tell your friends to use one then. Personally I prefer Teamspeak, but many prefer Ventrillo.

But I also haven't used TS whilst playing LFS for a couple of years anyway, as it doesn't add anything to the experience if you're racing. I did get a lot of fun messing about with Sam and Kev and (erm...?) a long time ago, when I got a warm right rear.
There's no need for voice communication in random pickup race servers imo. What would you need to say to the others that you can't type? Nothing. I can think only negative points.

And more organized things, well they're organized, so you can easily organize communication services too.
Quote from frokki :There's no need for voice communication in random pickup race servers imo. What would you need to say to the others that you can't type? Nothing. I can think only negative points.

And more organized things, well they're organized, so you can easily organize communication services too.

it would be helpful in a 24 hour race and for those that race with a keyboard its hard to race and type at the same thing and causes chaos
Quote from tristancliffe :Tell your friends to use one then. Personally I prefer Teamspeak, but many prefer Ventrillo.

But I also haven't used TS whilst playing LFS for a couple of years anyway, as it doesn't add anything to the experience if you're racing. I did get a lot of fun messing about with Sam and Kev and (erm...?)

... Karl and Jakqui and (erm...?)

I remember because that's the only time I've ever used it.
Quote from welshys90 :it would be helpful in a 24 hour race and for those that race with a keyboard its hard to race and type at the same thing and causes chaos

24 hour pickup races sound quite rare to me, and one shouldn't type when racing anyway.
Bad suggestion, I don't want to have to hear whining moaning and spamming, like you hear on most games with voice chat, in fact the only game or mod I've found where voice chat is used constructively on public servers in Project Reality, but that has a limited appeal and most of the noobs stick to BF2.

Quote from welshys90 :it would be helpful in a 24 hour race and for those that race with a keyboard its hard to race and type at the same thing and causes chaos

Organising voice chat isn't required for a 24 hour race, just like IRL teams use voice chat to organise stints and so on but the actual race organisation is all done with text messages.
ahh maybe you're right. If people want to complain they're punished by having to type it

In Game Voice Over
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG