The online racing simulator
Recommended update : LFS_restart.exe
(16 posts, closed, started )
Hello Racers.

If all goes well, Patch Y will be released later this week. The release will be available on the automatic updater system (although we'll provide a manual patch install as well).

For the automatic updater to work, there must be a tiny program in your LFS folder called "LFS_restart.exe". Some people have deleted this file as they did not know what it was. So I've attached an updated version of it to this post. It's in a zip file - save the exe in the zip file to your LFS folder.

What this program does : It extracts the patch files that LFS has downloaded in the correct order, then asks you if you want to restart LFS. There is one small update in the LFS restart program, so you may want to get this even if you have not deleted your existing one.

After the restart program has installed the patches, it asks if you want to restart LFS. The small change in this new one is that it does not delete the patch file(s) until you answer that question (Yes or No). This is helpful for some users who have multiple installs and they may wish to use the patch file(s) on another of their LFS installations. So, if you want to use the auto updater and keep the patch files, simply move them somewhere else before you answer the "Restart?" question.

Attachment removed - new version available : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35369
thanks for the update
Thanks for the small change
Quote from Scawen :).

Some people have deleted this file as they did not know what it was.

:eek:
o~yeah!!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :
Quote from Scawen :Some people have deleted this file as they did not know what it was.

:eek:

I had a friend who did this with her Windows folder. Twice. Her reason was 'it's my computer, I should be able to delete what I want'

*sigh*
I think your friend got it right.

Kill that Windows folder!

The funny thing is that even if you delete everything windows will run perfectly untill it tries to load a .dll file or start a program

PS. Thanks for the update.
Nice, but I think I'll get the full package and make a new folder for patch Y ...

My X12 / X33 folders are getting a bit too heavy ...

* Downloads anyway, you never know ... lol *
thx a lot

i was hoping youd release something like this for patch collectors like me
Scawen , why not appli a icon desing for the LFSrestar.exe?

So the ppl dont delete the icon

Because i see the icon like if a not a valid icon =P
When you see a icon that is listed as a application I would belive that most people woukd thought that is was beeing used by the game and wouldn`t delete it

Anyway, thanks for file, just in case if I might press some wrong buttons...
Will this new version of LFSRestart be included in Patch Y, so that those of us who don't need to use the new functionality right now will still have the newest version after patching?
Well, the restarter is the one file that cannot be auto patched. That's one reason why I made a forum post, and also pointed out that it's not that important. And before you suggest it, I'd prefer not to have different patches for auto patcher and manual patch.
Quote from Scawen :Well, the restarter is the one file that cannot be auto patched. That's one reason why I made a forum post, and also pointed out that it's not that important. And before you suggest it, I'd prefer not to have different patches for auto patcher and manual patch.

Sounds good. You might want to include the new version of the restarter in the full install though. I don't think most people will need the new functionality, but you might as well cover your bases anyway.

Thanks for answering!
maybe you should consider moving the restart app somewhere else to avoid deletion by users
the process would allow you to update it to the new version
Thanks Scawen.
Sticky thread?
This thread is closed

(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG