The online racing simulator
Pro 3dsers
(35 posts, started )
#1 - kyler
Pro 3dsers
Yes you all i have a question on about going with neon under a car how would i do that would i make a tube and put an neon out put on it but then how would i get the glow can somone tell me how????? thanks
use v-ray or photoshop i think
More mumbling......

here
" Hey, I have a question about getting neon under a car. How do I do that? Do I make a tube and put neon out, but then how do I made it glow? Can someone plz help me..."

I personally have no idea seeing as how I just started using 3D programs... But I re-worded ur post becuase no-one else would answer becuase they can't understand it...
i think it is very simple, just put a light under the car! what renderer do you use?
#5 - kyler
3ds Max / Brazil Sorry about that Matt. I have a bad headace
sorry my brazil renderer died
A lot of programs can use self-illumination - i.e. a solid can emit light. You'll also want to use volumetric lights if possible to give the impression of dust in the air illuminating, and looking more real.

But lighting in renders is a HUGE and complex topic, so you'll just have to try lots and lots and lots. Nothing better than experimenting over and over again. Apart from reading a book on the subject (but that won't stop you from needing to experiment over and over again).
#8 - kyler
Quote from tikshow :sorry my brazil renderer died

How did it die?

Quote from tristancliffe :A lot of programs can use self-illumination - i.e. a solid can emit light. You'll also want to use volumetric lights if possible to give the impression of dust in the air illuminating, and looking more real.

But lighting in renders is a HUGE and complex topic, so you'll just have to try lots and lots and lots. Nothing better than experimenting over and over again. Apart from reading a book on the subject (but that won't stop you from needing to experiment over and over again).

Thanks thats helpful.
Quote from kyler :How did it die?

i don't know! i use vray only a very long time ago
Quote from tikshow :i don't know! i use vray only a very long time ago

show me a render u did with vray =)
Can someone post some complete render/templates for 3dsMAX? (for any car..)
Quote from kyler :Yes you all i have a question on about going with neon under a car how would i do that would i make a tube and put an neon out put on it but then how would i get the glow can somone tell me how????? thanks

You don't need to have any third party renderer to do glowing neon effects. The standard 'light tracer' or 'Mental Ray' from 3ds max can create the effects.

Here is a test render I did, only took 24 secs to render (Duo Core, with 4G ram) A very simple set up which takes only about 5 mins.

You can download the attached scene (3ds max 2008) and replace it with your car and neon. (I have not include any texture maps in the zip)

Hope that will help you
Attached images
neon test.jpg
Attached files
neon test.zip - 1.5 MB - 288 views
Quote from samyip :You don't need to have any third party renderer to do glowing neon effects. The standard 'raytracer' or 'Mental Ray' from 3ds max can create the effects.

Here is a test render I did, only took 24 secs to render (Duo Core, with 4G ram) A very simple set up which takes only about 5 mins.

You can download the attached scene (3ds max 2008) and replace it with your car and neon. (I have not include any texture maps in the zip)

Hope that will help you

Yea it will. But i have 3ds Max 7 and i need a better pc this one is crap it takes awile to render. But Thanks
You still can do the neon effects in 3ds max 7 with 'mental ray' renderer. There are lots of tutorial on the internet to show how to do neon with mental ray.
Quote from samyip :You still can do the neon effects in 3ds max 7 with 'mental ray' renderer. There are lots of tutorial on the internet to show how to do neon with mental ray.

the ones i have found use video post and u can render a car in it lol.... /me goes to google and starts looking. Thanks for the tip. You have msn or xfire? and one more question do u use brazil at all?
In 3ds max 2008, there is 'Car paint' shader for mental ray. That is all I used.
However, you can use raytrace shader and mix with fall-off to create realistic reflections.
wow lol is there on max 7?
No, not on max 7, but I know that someone has created a material preset of car paint, try google 'car paint shader for 3ds max download'
o and 1 more question how are u getting the cmxs into 2008?
I had Max 7 too, and the car scene was on max 7, then I open them on 3ds max 2008.
hey man can u find what u told me to google i couldnt find anything. and thanks for all ur help
omg dude sexy!!!! i wish brazil would do that... i cant find out how to get the reflections right....

Quote from samyip :here is an example of added Mental Ray's Glare effect

ok here we go im going to start now check back soon to see what it looks like....

Ok here is my first mental ray render. There are a few problems the main one is the glass. 2nd one is the back ground and. 3rd one is the rims witch i plan on replacing.... =) what do i need to fix?
Attached images
meantal ray noob.jpg

Pro 3dsers
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG