The online racing simulator
LFS Patch Y Setup Renamer
(75 posts, started )
I started this before I saw Ian posted his solution (nice work Ian ), but I wanted to finish it anyway

With this application you can easily rename your current setups and color schemes to the new Patch Y standards. Just select the source folder for the settings (LFS\data\settings) and click Go!

To be safe, please make sure you create a backup of your settings folder before using this application!

.NET Framework 2.0 required
Edit: Or use splattael's solution if you don't have .NET Framework installed and can't be bothered to do so.

René

EDIT: Updated to v1.1
- Now also transfers the colour files into the right directory.
Attached images
screenie.jpg
Attached files
LFSSetupRenamerv1_1.rar - 72.4 KB - 5295 views
how can u just rename them without a program?
Quote from mutt107 :how can u just rename them without a program?

The new format requires the three-letter-abbreviations of the cars in the filenames and the files need to be moved to the (new) \setups\ folder.
Works like a charm! I cannot thank you enough for doing this.
Quote from jayhawk :Works like a charm! I cannot thank you enough for doing this.

Hehe thanks! It's good to hear it works and I'm glad to be of service
For me it's the first time releasing software for public use, so any feedback is much appreciated
Can you make me an insim for copz and robberz while youre at it??"/1?

O/T, congrats for getting it working, me wants to know later what was the problem!
#8 - joen
Good work. maybe this could be made a sticky? Or an announcement. At least temporary. Just so to stop people making yet another post in the patch thread like z0mG lFS d3l3t3d AlL mAh seTUpZ
Excellent! Works perfectly, thanks very much...
Thanks joen and Origamiboy!

Quote from BurnOut69 :Can you make me an insim for copz and robberz while youre at it??"/1?

Lol! How about no?

BTW, You got a pm regarding the problem/solution
Thanks!
Aiii hadn't noticed the colour files have a new folder as well... updated first post
Quote from joen : Just so to stop people making yet another post in the patch thread like z0mG lFS d3l3t3d AlL mAh seTUpZ

Exactly, what did you write here ??

I maby not care so much, but when people write in code, I allways go in "curious" mode
Quote from alland44 :Exactly, what did you write here ??

I maby not care so much, but when people write in code, I allways go in "curious" mode

Lol It says: "Oh my god, LFS deleted all my setups." <-- I prefer this way of writing by the way
works perfect. Thx!
hi all, seem to be the only one having difficulty

run your application seem'd easy enough, selected the folders but once the program had finished, all the files were in the main directory ?
so i manually cut them over to the setup folder but still nothing in the game ?
tried it a few times but still the same thing !!!
any ideas?
kev
Quote from delankster :hi all, seem to be the only one having difficulty

run your application seem'd easy enough, selected the folders but once the program had finished, all the files were in the main directory ?
so i manually cut them over to the setup folder but still nothing in the game ?
tried it a few times but still the same thing !!!
any ideas?
kev

Hi Kev,

I can think of the following two things:
1. Make sure you select the "LFS\data\settings\" for the Old settings directory (top textbox).
2. Make sure you don't change the values for New settings directory (middle textbox) and New colours directory (bottom textbox) after it's derived from the original settings path.

Please let me know if that works

René

EDIT:
One question so you can maybe pinpoint me to the problem if it is the app that causes it:
- Are the setups and colour files renamed to the new format? I.e. has XF GTR_BlackwoodGP.set turned into XFR_BlackwoodGP.set?.
If the latter is the case, you could also just manually move all the .set files to the \setups\ folder and the .col files to the \colours\ directory.
#18 - Nobo
Big thanx for that program, the other prog didnt work on my pc somehow!
Great you finished your prog
top man !!!!!!

cheers rene, worked a treat
top prog and top advice :laola: thx

kev
Excellent, cheers.
Fan-bloomin'-tastic, René! :clapclap:

Thank you.
Good to hear you got it working Kev, and thanks for the feedback Damian_Doyle and dungbeetle!
Oh your the man

Ian's proggie didnt rename all the files, but yours did so thanks many times..
Quote from N!sse :Oh your the man

Ian's proggie didnt rename all the files, but yours did so thanks many times..

Thanks, you're welcome, and happy birthday!
It works well for me, thanks very much. One thing that perhaps needs to be made clear for those not as clued up as the rest (*cough*ME*cough*) is that when the old skins folder is renamed and placed in the new colours folder, the user still needs to copy the old skins into the new skins folder aswell.

Maybe it's just me being completely stupid

(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG