The online racing simulator
Post spotted changes in Video!
Okies, By random Swedish comment, I've decided to start a thread, hopefully with everyone else trying to post what they've spotted from the video.

I'll start it off with a pretty subtle thing I saw:

- Outside of BL pit exit, there's cracks in the concrete with grass growing out of it. Neat
- Updated BL chicane kerbs, no fun sharp kerbs for me to flip on.
- Suspension Mounting points on FB2
- Mounting points on FO8 too
- Random Odeon building on outside of SOLong Pits
- Bumpyer Roads
- Redesigned SO Pitlane (recessed downwards, like underground parking lot.
- Dirt Splatter on Formulae Windscreen (dynamic?)
- BL Traffic Light on Pit entry
- Avon Tyres
- More refined model on off-track stuff (South City buildings, ectera) (see Attachment)
- Redone Horizon at BL
- Ideal line (I believe however that might be development feature?)
- Improved Collision Detection
- Improved stability on 2 wheels
- Pit-lines not flickering
- Random non-notable marshall standing at end of pit lane
- Support beams for tram along tram path
- So Sprint 2 Pitlane more eventful.
- Avon advertisments, related to Avon tyre inclusion.
- Shadows fixed.
- Drivers head swaying over bumps/G-forces in 3rd person views.

I'll try to keep this list updated too.
Attached images
vlcsnap-559725.png
BL chicane seems to have better kerbs, with a smoother transition to the sand (so no more getting flicked around there).

Formula cars (or at least the FB02) finally have suspension mounting points
Just after the XRT comes out of the pits, the next car bumps into it
bumpy tracks now...and SO i saw it smoother, and with more space to travel... bl chicane a little different and i think its gonna be difficult
South city track:

Balconie and some details on the upper floor of pits. Looks pretty cool.
- Avon seems to be a new official Sponsor.
- Leo has grown a lot.
#7 - tonix
Blackwood gets a new horizont textures.
Well, few that I spotted at first glance.

- BL pit traffic light and limit sign on the ground
- green stuff added next to the curbs in the new BL chicane
- dirt in the windscreen of the BMW (some sort of experiment with transparent surfaces?)
- a whole punch of new sponsor decals, rather irrelevant though I guess (at least Avon, OZ racing and Dell)
#9 - bbman
- Ideal line is shown, like in GTR
- South City is really bumpy now
- Suspicion: UFR more stable on two wheels after tyre update
- Suspicion: Collision system updated (UFR hit the wall, but wasn't lift up)
- Suspicion: Driver's head is thrown around in the FO8
I think the ideal line is probably just for AI debug, though.
Don't think it actually the UFR hit the wall that hard. Could be they've made the wall smoother there.

edit.

- there is a dude in dark gray overalls standing in the SO pits :P
- Avon Tyres advertsing board before the right hander before the pits.
Quote from AndroidXP :I think the ideal line is probably just for AI debug, though.

The sound editor was also a dev tool only at first...

And there's a reason why I added "suspicion" to some points!

Edit: New point, surprised it wasn't mentioned:

- Kerb after BL-backstraight now rounded (forcing people on the track when using low ground clearance)
Quote from AndroidXP :
Formula cars (or at least the FB02) finally have suspension mounting points

FO8 already has some suspension mounting points, see attachment
Attached images
lfs_00000140.jpg
What are you guys discussing? All this talk about different suspension mounts etc. Yet all i see is a picture of SO (by the looks of it) with different looks......

EDIT: Nvm, just seen thread. 40% of vid downloaded
- parking lot with a caravan and tents looks accessible behind the SO pits

- speculation: car shadow bug fixed when exiting the box? (shadow shown on the wall etc.)
What does he (Scawen) mean when he says that (in south city) "the kerbs are protected by barriers like you'd see at Monaco"? Can't work that one out.

edit: ahh I guess he means the pavement/sidewalk kerbs. Disregard.
Quote from sinbad :What does he (Scawen) mean when he says that (in south city) "the kerbs are protected by barriers like you'd see at Monaco"? Can't work that one out.

edit: ahh I guess he means the pavement/sidewalk kerbs. Disregard.

yah so no more flipping over
Something about changes "after the main straight at Blackwood" - the pit straight or the longest one?

By the walls, I think it's meant that the armco will be in front of the pavement.
I dunno, I've looked for the rounded kerb at Blackwood (not chicane, but other one) and can't see it, it's mentioned that somethings been changed, but it's not obvious from the video.

Edit: Now I can see it, in the distance the vertices become more obvious, more like a /--\__/- way, from kerb to grassy bits
Quote from duke_toaster :By the walls, I think it's meant that the armco will be in front of the pavement.

Correct. You can see it early on in the LFS bit. With some cars going round a right hander.
Quote from duke_toaster :Something about changes "after the main straight at Blackwood" - the pit straight or the longest one?

The longest one - the middle sector. I expect it to be a bit tighter/slower, since the change is supposed to make it more interesting in the low powered cars.
The outside kerb next to the big gravel trap is different (I think) but you don't see any more, as far as I can tell.
Quote from sinbad :The longest one - the middle sector. I expect it to be a bit tighter/slower, since the change is supposed to make it more interesting in the low powered cars.
The outside kerb next to the big gravel trap is different (I think) but you don't see any more, as far as I can tell.

I wonder what form this will take ... [SPECULATION]an extra (optional) chicane?[/SPECULATION]
Deer crossing the road randomly.
Quote from AndroidXP :Deer crossing the road randomly.

I thought we had settled for the magic dragon/octopus attacking the leader?

Post spotted changes in Video!
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG