The online racing simulator
Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
Hello Racers!

We are pleased to announce that there will be a new patch before Christmas. This patch will contain AI and physics improvements, updated Blackwood and South City tracks and... a new real car - The Formula BMW FB02!

The story behind the new car is that there is a new UK based company called V1 Championship whose aim is to discover a new racing driver through a series of tests resulting in a place in a team for the winning driver. V1 will be launched in 2008 and shown on TV in the UK. Live for Speed will be used as part of the selection process, before testing in real cars. V1 asked us to create a Formula BMW to make this test as realistic as possible. BMW Motorsport gave us permission to build the car in LFS, so we went ahead and built it.

The V1 car is owned by Fortec Motorsport where V1 is based. Thanks to V1 and Fortec, I was able to get a test day driving the Formula BMW and that helped a lot with the realism of the LFS version of the car.

Many forum users will have been expecting the finished GTR racing car interiors to be included, as that was originally planned for Patch Y. But the Formula BMW caused a change of plans, so those much anticipated interiors aren't quite ready yet. Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

We can't give an exact date for the release yet but it will be before Christmas. Right now you can watch a video of my test day and footage of the car in LFS. Thanks to DoN for making the video. Click the link below to download it. If it doesn't play on your computer, just visit www.divx.com and install the free DivX player.

www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_FBMW_LORES.zip (30 MB)
www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_FBMW_HIRES.zip (69 MB)

Edit: Some download mirrors...

UK:
Hires
Lores

USA:
Hires
Lores

France:
Hi Res
Low Res

/Edit

We hope you enjoy the video and we look forward to releasing the patch, which is currently being thoroughly tested!
wow! :woohoo:

edit:
What a great footage! especially the real video part! great work!
And I finally got to hear your voice for the first time ever!

keep up the good work all the three of you! looking forward to having a new patch real soon! :up:

hrtburnout: seems...
Wow!

edit: Rediske, great minds think alike!
oh yes nice one scawen
Wooot !!
#6 - thd
Meep
Wow, LFS is full of surprises - a new single seater - fantastic! Can't wait to give it a go around the new Blackwood... excellent work Scawen and Eric!

EDIT: I watched the video = more trampolins.
WOW, good work guys!
Wowzers.... Cool Beans Scawen!
Thank you LFS Devs

Although I feel a bit sad now, that I don't have such a nice x-mas present for you
Scawen has a new haircut
#13 - axus
Fantastic news! Downloading the video now!
EDIT: The detail on the car is really really really impressive
And note: http://www.lfs.net/page_images/pics/fbm_shot02.jpg the chips in the windscreen. The interior looks stunning too!
what a surprise, a freaking awesome one at that
:hyper:
Yyeaaaaaaah!
#17 - Nobo
Wow Scawen!! Good news!! Another Formula car
Clutch overheating, engines being able to stall
/me is drooling. wow Im shocked, but happy to hear some news
I guess mot of people were expecting a new LX car!
It's a good surprise ( not that I would spit on an LX car but I kind like surpise :shy
yeah nice
:o! Eric Bailey at 0:17!
*stares at video downloading at 284kb/s* QUICKER, QUICKER!
#24 - Tube
sounds good
Gonna be a nice Christmas vacation!
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG