The online racing simulator
PBSync - sync all pb.txt and DriftPB.txt (lfs server tool)
Hello there,
i made a new tool for my own servers that sync all pb.txt and DriftPB.txt of all your lfs servers moderated by lfslapper (see the readme for details ).

PBSync 0.09 is an alpha so backup your files before your tests...

Enjoy!
EK
ps: if you need it, a linux version is also available but untested!
ps2:- LFSLapper seems to cache the records and does not display the new results after the synchronization... All PB files are updated but LFSLapper still displays the old values.
I have made a special version of LFSLapper to update new records, if you need it, just ask!

Software Release:
10/11/2007 - 0.09.28:
- Fix a BIG bug introduced in release 26....that corrupt the PB.txt file

09/11/2007 - 0.09.27:
- minor bugs fixed
- the PB List are now sync only when "Sync Now" button is clicked
or after an update of lfslapper with Auto-Sync is ON
- a new progress bar is now visible when you sync data to have some feedback during the synchronization
- the number of record is now visible on Status Bar

08/11/2007 - 0.09.20:
Fix some bugs:
- remove all files will delete sync datas of the list
- "Sync Now" btn and Sync ToggleSwitch can't be ON with no file!
- laps are now added

08/11/2007 - v0.09.17:
- add option to overwrite files or create master PB file that can be uploaded to your server
- add contextual helps
Attached images
PBSync_scrshot.jpg
Attached files
PBSync00928Alpha.rar - 810.3 KB - 403 views
Hi EkinoxNH

As you now i run 6 servers with lapper. Lapper, when first started reads the current PB.txt and then overwrites it when there is a change.

So for you app to work you have to stop all lappers, however i only have access to the PB.txt files via a control panel on the game server (Download / Upload).

I tried to downloading the files and running your app on my PC and after clicking the "add PB file" button, finding the PB.txt file on my HD, the program uses 99% of my processor for about 90 seconds while it reads in the data. I do the same for each file and it seems to process each file as it goes.

At the end i have 6 identical files as it has overwritten the origionals.

However now everytime i run the app it sits a processes the same files again, with the long wait of 99% processor use. I can only stop this by editing the cfg

It looks like it works but could i ask that you make a few slight changes (For those who only have access via a control panel).

1) Allow us to select all the PB.txt files first, then process
2) Have a check box "Make new master PB.txt file" so it does not overwrite the origionals and just outputs one new master PB.txt file that I can upload to each server. That way lapper is off just a few seconds

Thanks so much
thanks for your input and suggestions:

Quote : 1) Allow us to select all the PB.txt files first, then process

In fact, it doesn't overwrite the files at startup, it just sync the data and display the records on the bottom list.
but If you click "Sync Now" Btn or toggle ON the synchro then it overwrite the PB files...

Quote :2) Have a check box "Make new master PB.txt file" so it does not overwrite the origionals and just outputs one new master PB.txt file that I can upload to each server. That way lapper is off just a few seconds

ok to make a master PB.txt and Master DriftPB.txt.
but if i understand you, LFSLapper update it's records and score automaticaly when ftp options are set?

in this case, i will implemente a small ftp client to be able to send directly the master PB file to all servers because at this time i need to relaunch each lapper to be able to show the new times...

EK

ps:
Quote :I tried to downloading the files and running your app on my PC and after clicking the "add PB file" button, finding the PB.txt file on my HD, the program uses 99% of my processor for about 90 seconds while it reads in the data. I do the same for each file and it seems to process each file as it goes.

- cannot reproduce this (?), in my server and laptop (XP Pro SP2) PBSync take 4 to 7% maxi to run and process the files...
Quote from EkinoxNH :thanks for your input and suggestions:

In fact, it doesn't overwrite the files at startup, it just sync the data and display the records on the bottom list.
but If you click "Sync Now" Btn or toggle ON the synchro then it overwrite the PB files...

ok to make a master PB.txt and Master DriftPB.txt.
but if i understand you, LFSLapper update it's records and score automaticaly when ftp options are set?

in this case, i will implemente a small ftp client to be able to send directly the master PB file to all servers because at this time i need to relaunch each lapper to be able to show the new times...

EK

Hi EK

I am most likly telling you something you are aware off so please excuse me.

The ftp section in lapper is output only, lapper itself does not read them, they are copies of the PB.txt file on the servers.

If you send a new file to the server (or the ftp'ed versions) without stopping lapper, they will simply get overwritten.

I think it has to go

1) Get list of files.
2) Read and sync files
3) Write master PB file
4) Stop lapper
5) Upload master PB file
6) Start lapper

If you get what i am saying

Thanks again
ps:

- cannot reproduce this (?), in my server and laptop (XP Pro SP2) PBSync take 4 to 7% maxi to run and process the files...

My PB files are 47000 lines long and i am running the app on a Pentium 4 2.4g XP Pro but it only has 512mg memory (Its the wifes.....)
ok here the new release 0.0917.

08/11/2007:
- add option to overwrite files or create master PB file that can be uploaded to your server
- add contextual helps

see the first post to download the app.

Enjoy!
EK
something interesting will be to send me a big PB files to test that?
EK

Quote from birder :ps:

My PB files are 47000 lines long and i am running the app on a Pentium 4 2.4g XP Pro but it only has 512mg memory (Its the wifes.....)

Quote from birder :
I think it has to go

1) Get list of files.
2) Read and sync files
3) Write master PB file
4) Stop lapper
5) Upload master PB file
6) Start lapper

If you get what i am saying

Perfectly!

i'm currently taking a look to LFSLapper src code and it will be ez for the great Gai-luron to mod lapper and add a cmd like !reloaddbs
wich exacute something like this:

Public reloadDBS(void){
if (!lfsDb.Load(databaseFilePath, FtpServer, FtpLogin, FtpPasswd, FtpRemotePath))
System.Console.WriteLine("Warning:Error loading {0} or file does not exist yet!", databaseFilePath);

if (!lfsDriftDb.Load(driftdatabaseFilePath, FtpServer, FtpLogin, FtpPasswd, FtpRemotePath))
System.Console.WriteLine("Warning:Error loading {0} or file does not exist yet!", driftdatabaseFilePath);
}

EK
Ok, I have added the !reloaddbs cmd to lfslapper and it works great but don't know if i can release it??????

perhaps it's better that i give the source code to Gai-Luron and he will make a new release?

any idea?

thx
EK
Quote from EkinoxNH :something interesting will be to send me a big PB files to test that?
EK

Hi

PM me your email address and i will send you them

Thanks
Quote from EkinoxNH :Ok, I have added the !reloaddbs cmd to lfslapper and it works great but don't know if i can release it??????

perhaps it's better that i give the source code to Gai-Luron and he will make a new release?

any idea?

thx
EK

It has been a while since the last update of Lapper from Gai-Luron, there is also a License system we would like adding so maybe its would be bast to post it in the main lapper forum

I hope he updates it soon as the updates would be very useful
I have sent you a link to my PB files but just checked and they are over 70000 lines long.

Tested on a 3.4 P4 with 2g memory and v917 uses 60% of the processor when reading in the files, for about 60 seconds.

It uses 6% for 5 seconds to sync the 4 PB.txt files

MasterPB works great, does it add up the laps done?
Quote from birder :MasterPB works great, does it add up the laps done?

humm...not at this time. but i can fix that, just ask!

EK
ps: thanks for the big PB files...
Quote from EkinoxNH :humm...not at this time. but i can fix that, just ask!

EK
ps: thanks for the big PB files...

if you want to do it, i am asking

Regards
Quote from birder :if you want to do it, i am asking

Regards

Done!
*see the first post ^^

EK
New release see first post.

09/11/2007 - 0.09.27:
- minor bugs fixed
- the PB List are now sync only when "Sync Now" button is clicked
or after an update of lfslapper with Auto-Sync is ON
- a new progress bar is now visible when you sync data to have some feedback during the synchronization
- the number of record is now visible on Status Bar

Enjoy!
EK
New Release!

10/11/2007 - 0.09.28:

Enjoy!
EK
Quote from EkinoxNH :New Release!

10/11/2007 - 0.09.28:

Enjoy!
EK

Is it me but i can no longer see the link to the file in the first post?
Quote from birder :Is it me but i can no longer see the link to the file in the first post?

the link to the app is now available!

Thanks for your feedback.
EK
Quote from EkinoxNH :the link to the app is now available!

Thanks for your feedback.
EK

I have downloaded and tested

Version 28 works very well, i like the progress window and that you can select a number of PB files before starting.

You are a life saver with your application saving me many hours of boring work to keep the busy conedodgers servers updated.

Thanks you so much for all your help and this useful application
As i said thanks for your great suggestions!
EK

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG