The online racing simulator
Public Slots and Private.
(13 posts, started )
dunno if anyone said that before, couldnt find anything about that.
but i would love, when u could set for example 20 public slots and 3 private (for admins/members only,entering with password.)
i hate when i wanna join our team server but its full
sounds good? possible?
Yeah some other games have this feature, and I think its been mentioned on RSC before.

In the other games, if I remember correctly, public can occupy all slots, until an admin/team member wants in, then the last to enter gets kicked.

I think its a good idea generally.
Quote from ButterTyres :In the other games, if I remember correctly, public can occupy all slots, until an admin/team member wants in, then the last to enter gets kicked.

Nah, that would suck for LFS - I like the original idea better. It's just lame to get kicked from the server just because an admin joined and you were to poor chap to join last. Better lock off one spot completely and let the admin come in and decide whom to kick if it is necessary.
Quote from ButterTyres :I think its a good idea generally.

#4 - Lible
Really good idea! #3
#5 - bbman
#4...
Fine with me as long as people arent kicked for certain people (admins, team members) to join.
thats the whole point for that.
currently some guys kick guests to make a place free for their team mates.
with this system it shouldnt happen no more, as long u set enough private slots.
Yeah locking slots sounds like a good idea to me. That way admins can join whenever they want/need without having to kick anyone else.
#9 - -wes-
You could do this now with an insim app. but I hate servers doing this.
You connect loadup the map/track just to get kicked. :banghead:

Better to prevent people connecting at all to reserved slots, but you cant do that with insim.
If something like this were to be implemented I would like to see it done both ways and the server admin given the choice. Reserving spots when you're only reserving for 3 people and you can host 20 racers is no big deal, because you're only setting aside a small percentage of the total number of slots. However; if you're like me and can only host 10-12 people at a time, yet you want to reserve spots for yourself and four friends you've just "reserved" almost half of the grid. If none of the reserved people show up that night you're stuck with only 6 open spots on the server. In this case it would be preferable to kick the last joined user in order for an admin/reserved player to get on the server.

I really like the idea of reserved slots, but I'd hate to get stuck limiting myself to 6 racers just because I have 4 reserved slots.
Very very good idea, really hope the devs catch wind of this one
good idea

Quote from Cue-Ball :If something like this were to be implemented I would like to see it done both ways and the server admin given the choice. Reserving spots when you're only reserving for 3 people and you can host 20 racers is no big deal, because you're only setting aside a small percentage of the total number of slots. However; if you're like me and can only host 10-12 people at a time, yet you want to reserve spots for yourself and four friends you've just "reserved" almost half of the grid. If none of the reserved people show up that night you're stuck with only 6 open spots on the server. In this case it would be preferable to kick the last joined user in order for an admin/reserved player to get on the server.

I really like the idea of reserved slots, but I'd hate to get stuck limiting myself to 6 racers just because I have 4 reserved slots.

well if you host, you decide no? so where's the problem of adding/removing reserved slots?
Quote from Chaos :well if you host, you decide no? so where's the problem of adding/removing reserved slots?

Constantly having to add/remove slots would be a pain. The whole idea of a server is that you can configure it to run and then not have to do constant maintenence.

I'd like to setup my server to host, say, 10 people (that's what i can do on my bandwidth). I want to "reserve" spots for my three friends who all play. But if none of them are online, I don't want to limit my server to only having 6 open spots and 3 "unusable" spots (3 reserved plus me taking up one leaves only 6 open slots).

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG