The online racing simulator
#1 - smove
Update: Audi A4 styled headlights for FXO/FXR
Hi folks,

the - hopefully - final update of the Audi A4 headlights for the FX series with some subtle designed indicators added.

Enjoy!
Attached images
fx_lightset_update_on.jpg
fx_ls_a4-2008_by_smove_8_update.jpg
Attached files
FX_Interior1.zip - 1.3 MB - 1336 views
I'm not taking screenshots for these tonight
#3 - smove
Why not? Fear of a nightmare?
very nice
here is a shot with a lil edit (lol my edit sux)
Attached images
Mustangs fxr.jpg
#5 - smove
Quote from e2mustang :very nice
here is a shot with a lil edit (lol my edit sux)

Uhm ... that looks like a Beamer with an Audi's eyes ...

How about you stop asking us and just setup up your own little business?

Quote from smove :Uhm ... that looks like a Beamer with an Audi's eyes ...

lol yeah im in a bmw team
Those lights look cool.
I had a brief chuckle at the oversized BMW logo on the front of that skin. Please tell me you're not trying to use it as a 'badge'?!
Quote from beefyman666 :Those lights look cool.
I had a brief chuckle at the oversized BMW logo on the front of that skin. Please tell me you're not trying to use it as a 'badge'?!

I did not make the skin our ex teamleader made it back in 2004
Wow, that's quite sometime for a skin to still be used 'non-stop'. I had to chuckle as the logo makes it look likes its got a big nose .
I'll keep saying that you should try to edit the corner lights either... it looks awesome ( your edits ) but it's like looking to a 1976 Ford Fiesta fitted with the new GT3RS Porsche Carrera's headlights.
Quote from Dudles :I'll keep saying that you should try to edit the corner lights either... it looks awesome ( your edits ) but it's like looking to a 1976 Ford Fiesta fitted with the new GT3RS Porsche Carrera's headlights.

Well, that would be blasphemy then.

The main problem is that the indicator should also look good when flashing and not blue or green or anything else than orange (also yellow looks weird somehow). But otherwise, how often do people really indicate their direction or put their warning lights on?

Maybe I should really try that ... I'll keep you informed.

Cheers
Just updated the headlights and "removed" the indicators. This means that they don't work anymore, but who needs??

Do you think it's worth the update?

Btw, I did some fine work at the rear lights also, just for your to know.
Attached images
fx_ls_a4-2008_by_smove_5_update.jpg
fx_ls_a4-2008_by_smove_6_update.jpg
fx_ls_a4-2008_by_smove_7_update.jpg
fx_ls_a4-2008_by_smove_8_update.jpg
i think you could do something to make some harmony with the headlights too... let me try something here... and i'll post the screenie...

EDIT : in fact, i've tried, but these goddamn texture system from LFS, where the sabe piece of image, texzturizes 2 or 3 different places, don't leave us too much choice... i guess the better way is to eliminate it... because it's the same texture used at the fender corner light...and it becomes awful...
Just updated the file (look at first post for it) ... and I somehow managed to give the headlights indicators that do not really disturb the overall design.
"Oh god, here comes this boring kid again"...

if you could use the LED's from the headlights to do That, i think it'll be just perfect... put another layer over ir, paint it orange and put it in "multiply"... and done... you have some funky indicator lights.
"Oh god, here comes this 'pain-in-the-butt' kid again"...

if you could use the LED's from the headlights to do That, i think it'll be just perfect... put another layer over ir, paint it orange and put it in "multiply"... and done... you have some funky indicator lights.
how can i create my own lights
hey could you/anyone send me a link or create a ful carbon body for the FXO
Quote from turbonurbo :hey could you/anyone send me a link or create a ful carbon body for the FXO

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread you've posted in. I suggest making a new thread or doing a proper search.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG