The online racing simulator
Interesting new Argentinian track under construction, looks NUTS
It's called Potrero de los Funes, located in near San Luis in Argentina. It's going to be 6,2 km long semi-permanent circuit and goes around a lake and there's also apparently a volcano near by. If everything goes ok FIA GT should be racing there in next November.

Of course no one knows how it looks like when the road is remodelled and finished but if the scenery is that rocky like in the pics, it doesn't leave much room for lame-ass two mile run off areas... if it becomes anything less than extraordinary, then FIA must have found a track designer who makes Mr. Tilke look genious.

ps. Topic changed... original one was a bit misleading.

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1354

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1401814 - better view

#2 - bbman
Around a lake (which means quite flat) + just over 6 km != Nordschleife, not even close...

Could make for a nice scenery though...
If the FIA GT series is going to be anywhere near it, it will not even be remotely close to the Nords.

I bet the FIA will rape the landscape.
Looks like it should be a combo at Aston on LFS. Not enough turns, not long enough, ok scenery...but nowhere near Nordschleife standards.
Needs 10x more corners.
Quote from MAGGOT :I bet the FIA will rape the landscape.

How? Blow up the lake with atomic bomb?

And I didn't mean like 1:1 Nordschleife :doh: But in a symbolic way, Nords represents old school track design and this is like a spritual successor. I guess the topic was misleading then...
Quote from deggis :How? Blow up the lake with atomic bomb?

I was thinking blowing up the cliff faces and filling in the lake, but yea, basically.
Lets hope they don`t do that. But it`s FIA, they usually manages to do a hell of a lot choises that usually makes racing more borring.
*sees cars flying into the lake*
This doesn't look like anything special.

I'd rather have hopes for Pescara or Targa Florio back.... or something similar. Those are the only tracks that could compare or at least dominate Nordschleife's superiority.
Quote from Tweaker :This doesn't look like anything special.

I'd rather have hopes for Pescara or Targa Florio back.... or something similar. Those are the only tracks that could compare or at least dominate Nordschleife's superiority.

For challenge rather than sheer length I've always preferred Sears Point
Nothing is like Bathhurst, even that is as daunting as the Nordsh[L]ite
Quote from duke_toaster :For challenge rather than sheer length I've always preferred Sears Point

I fun track sure, but a true challenge is memorizing 50-100 or more corners on these kinds of tracks..... Or in Targa's case, 900 corners (1 lap = 44 miles)?
Looks like a beautiful area, I hope it won't get messed up just for this.
#16 - DeKo
on the second link i laughed at "Gmaps Pedometer"

Looks like quite an interesting track, reminds me of the loch rannoch track in the old Toca.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG