The online racing simulator
BMW M3 Challenge + Nordschleife
(62 posts, started )
I have tried this free game and I have fallen in love with it. Driving a M3 without any aids and with a G25 is very exciting for me

For those who likes the game, I realised that you can import tracks from GT Legends, like Nordschleife

I started a new thread because I know here are a lot of people who love this track and this car

Link to download the track

Instructions:

1. In the gamedata/locations folder you find "Nuerburgring". Copy this folder and rename the copy to "Nuerburgring Nordschleife".
2. Now you copy&paste the downloaded files into the "Nuerburgring Nordschleife" and say yes to overwrite.
3. Start the game and click on an option at singleplayer-mode (like Testing or race weekend).
In the next screen minimize the game and Rename the Nuerburgring folder to "Nuerburgring original" etc.
Rename the copy of the Nuerburgring original with the overwrite files (Nordschleife) to "Nuerburgring"
4. Now you go back in the game and click load track. The nordschleife tourist version loading!
5. At the next start from the game you must rename the "Nuerburgring" folder (with the downloaded files) back to "Nuerburgring nordschleife" and the "Nuerburgring original" back to "Nuerburgring", because the game does not start with modified folders.
Attached images
BMW 2007-10-30 00-30-03-35.jpg
BMW 2007-10-30 00-29-56-56.jpg
#2 - J@tko
Can you do this with any GTL track?
I think so, but I am not sure if you have to convert the track or you just use it.
You can take a look to the comments on this video, it will maybe help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExPtOyHcUHA

PD: I read from a Spanish guy who played in Spa Francorchamps and Laguna Seca
Is this the very latest Nordschleife conversion? Wasn't it called "2.0" or something?
Heh. Nifty.

Now can you get me a more interesting car? A Porsche would be nice.
Interesting, think i'll give this another go. Would be nice to sort out the weird FFB thing though, and at least it should run better with this new PC.
#7 - Woz
I might even play it if they could make a game that didnt lock up in the menus. A well known bug that has been in ALL their games since GTR.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST FIX IT!!!

(Rant over )
I can't get under 9:00, keep getting caught out by the same corners.

Still wish I had a nicer car than this salesmanmobile...
Quote from thisnameistaken :I can't get under 9:00, keep getting caught out by the same corners.

Still wish I had a nicer car than this salesmanmobile...

I did 8:30 having an accident at the last corner and I don´t know the complete track yet

It is not called 2.0 version AFAIK

I love the game and I didn´t notice any bug
Quote from NitroNitrous :I did 8:30 having an accident at the last corner and I don´t know the complete track yet

Oh I don't know much of the track, I only did four or five laps. But I keep thinking "This is the bit where the second-gear corner appears out of nowhere and bites me in the ass" so I slow down, and it's not that corner, and I slow down for the next, and the next, and then when I stop slowing down that damn corner appears!

That happens a few times every lap.
I understand you I only know about the 25% of the track, so until we learnt it all, it is like a rally stage
I'm surprised, but it's quite a lot of fun !. Managed an 8.40 in a 3 lap race. The force feedback isn't quite so odd with this new wheel either.

I'll have to get my copy of GTL back and try some of the other tracks.

Cheers Nitro
I dunno, the nurburgring I actually have pretty down pack in my mind, where every corner is, unless it looks really out compared to other sims.
Thanks, this is a much better combination of track and car .

8:28 on my first lap with a few quick grassy adventures [EDIT: and also almost zero opposite-lock...too noisy right now!]. Times around 8:10 - 8:15 should be possible.
I´m glad you like guys Yeah Mazz4200, I am surprised too, I found a lot of driving pleasure in this game Post here if you can run in other GTL tracks
8:13.452 with mouse (5th lap) and Bilstein. Some clear mistakes so I would say 8:00 possible.

It really helped that I had played the track in Racer a lot. After 3-4 laps I was quite home with the track. The main problem is that the car feels odd compared to LFS.

Quite fun just because of the Nordschleife track. I think I will hotlap it offline a lot because we don't have it in lfs. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Hmm. I'm tempted to buy GTL now just to have a go with more interesting cars. Is GTL StarForce-infected? I remember the demo was, and that put me off buying it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Heh. Nifty.

Now can you get me a more interesting car? A Porsche would be nice.

its called BMW challenge, your not gonna get a porshe
GTL is quite dissapointing as it highlights certain issues in the rFactor physics, plus they really didn't use that good data either. Some of those cars would be a pure joy to drive but you'll hate their guts in GTL..
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. I'm tempted to buy GTL now just to have a go with more interesting cars. Is GTL StarForce-infected? I remember the demo was, and that put me off buying it.

or in other words : I want to get the *cough* pirate *cough* version so I want to know if its protected.

In the next screen minimize the game and Rename the Nuerburgring folder to "Nuerburgring original" etc.
Rename the copy of the Nuerburgring original with the overwrite files (Nordschleife) to "Nuerburgring

i dont get that bit, please can someone help me?
Quote from Leprekaun :or in other words : I want to get the *cough* pirate *cough* version so I want to know if its protected.

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

A small example of why most people don't like Starforce even if they don't want to crack the game...
its alright, got it now

(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG