The online racing simulator
Calling All FO8 Drivers
(27 posts, started )
Calling All FO8 Drivers
If there are any FO8 drivers out there who would like to compete in a 75 minute race this Sunday at 20:00 UK Local Time please go to GFC Event and sign up.

For the first time this season we have a very unbalanced grid with many more FOXs than FO8s.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
You're trying to hold a race while top gear is on....?
#4 - garph
Quote from z3r0c00l :You're trying to hold a race while top gear is on....?

I understand whay you're saying but Sunday late afternoons or early nights are normally the best time for getting some organised races in as it's the time when most people have the most free time.

Besides, Top Gear is repeated and you can also tape it, the race wont happen again.
If the race starts at 21:00 UK Time I get complaints that its too late and "can we have it an hour earlier". We move to British Winter Time and the race becomes and hour earlier and then I get "boohoo top gear is on". I can't win
Good luck, GF. I can't make it, unfortunately.
I was only joking! It's the smart time to have a race, sadly, LFS seems to hard=reset my miserable computer after 6-8 laps, even after a rebuild, otherwise I'd gladly join. Even if you don't have a recorder, the Dave channel will repeat it every hour on the hour for the rest of the week anyway.

hope its a good one
#8 - Gizz
carnt make this one but ive been watching your races GF and im somewhat interessted , need to get my hand back in with the F08 as ive been mainly FOX lately, but i just love the fv8 best car in lfs imo..

soo when i get my new wheel (old one died) ill be sure to sign up are all the races this long??? gota love the longer races
Quote from Gizz :carnt make this one but ive been watching your races GF and im somewhat interessted , need to get my hand back in with the F08 as ive been mainly FOX lately, but i just love the fv8 best car in lfs imo..

soo when i get my new wheel (old one died) ill be sure to sign up are all the races this long??? gota love the longer races

Yeah - all GFC races are 75 mins and GTTC around 30 mins.

Hope to see you sign up sometime soon.
If it's any help for unsure FO8 drivers I have a few handy sets for Kyoto National Reversed as OWRL recently did a race there. I'm always happy to dish out setups so ask me if I'm online (not in the middle of a race though please )

It might be near the end of the championship, but points aren't important when the racing is as fun and clean as GFC. It's great fun when you're chasing someone down whilst lapping FOXs left and right.
I might give it a go. I'm a bit out of practise at the moment though, I've been put off by the lack of interesting combinations recently. If someone can get me started with a nice set I'll start practising.
I just got my momo and im like 3 secs slower than my pb with the mouse. O_o

^
I can't.
#13 - Gizz
hehehehe it will take a bit of getting used to commong from a mouse but you wont go back i promise ya that
Of course. I spent alot of money on that.
Quote from felplacerad :Also, be sure to check out the Gentlefoot Track Guides and the collection of Gentlefoot Setups. And don't forget to join the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge and the Gentlefoot Tin Top Challenge.

There you go Gentlefoot. Should save you some time!

Dude, he runs a racing league so the majority of his dealings here have to do with that...get over it please.

Above that, this thread is about a race he is organizing, why wouldn't he link to information in it?

Furthermore he is taking the time to organize events, and hosting information on setups and track guides to give back to the community, what are you contributing besides following some one around trolling?
If you accept a slow driver like me, I think I can make It
I am in

BTW, I had to "manually" send you an email, because I use webmail and can't use the form on your site.......
Quote from spookthehamster :I might give it a go. I'm a bit out of practise at the moment though, I've been put off by the lack of interesting combinations recently. If someone can get me started with a nice set I'll start practising.

Quote from Alkanphel :I just got my momo and im like 3 secs slower than my pb with the mouse. O_o

^
I can't.

I'm sure we can find you those 3 secs Meet me on the server tonight and I'll get you there I reckon.

Quote from Blas89 :If you accept a slow driver like me, I think I can make It

Slow or fast - its unimportant. You'll still get a good race I expect. There is a range of drivers signed up.

Quote from danowat :I am in

BTW, I had to "manually" send you an email, because I use webmail and can't use the form on your site.......

Got your email entry mate. Adding you now. If anyone else wants in just click here
#19 - Gizz
curse my broken wheel
Sorry, GF, I didnt catch ur post in time.
I've been having lots of practice on the fox in single player, and managed to smash my pb to 1:08:13. So... until i get more comfortable wif my wheel, count me out.
-
(Blas89) DELETED by Blas89
Still in need of FO8 drivers for next weeks race.

It's at Blackwood GP reverse (a classic configuration in my opinion - T1 is a lot like Paddock Hill at Brands) and it's on Sunday 18th November (next Sunday) at 20:00GMT (UK Local Time)

Love to see some new faces.

Easy to enter - just click here
I am out, wheel is dead.
Quote from danowat :I am out, wheel is dead.

Nightmare - G25? I wonder if they've come down in price yet. I must say they seem rock solid. Mine still feels like new and it must have done 20 - 30k miles.
DFP, gonna try and rake enough together to buy a G25.........
Quote from danowat :DFP, gonna try and rake enough together to buy a G25.........

It is worth the money. I had a MOMO before and the feedback on the G25 is far more refined. Reckon it improved my car control and may have even made me slightly faster.

Calling All FO8 Drivers
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG