The online racing simulator
Installing Vista
(36 posts, started )
Installing Vista
Hello guys, yes, another PC thread by me

When i try to install vista, it gets stuck on about, 12%, i've bought this disk, and its not working...Vista ultimate X64...i get this error message, done a google search, etc.

error code 0x8007045D

Thanks
Harjun
Take it back to the Shop where you've bought it then.
i looked it up and it seems some sort of I/O device error check if everything you connected are working right

EDIT: check if Your DVD drive is to blame
#4 - garph
That version of Vista?

Probably a messed up download or if you really have brought it and just downloaded that for fun it could be loads of things. Try installing XP or even try installing that Vista you have on another H/D to show you what the problem is Vista disk/download or H/D.

EDIT: DVD drive could be to blame as well like anik360 said.
Attached images
overclockjpeg.JPG
its alright, all working now instead of quick format of the drive, did a full long format lol
#6 - garph
I googled that errror code and came up with a few of the same thing about DVD burning speeds.

But if you brought that copy of Vista on a disk then I guess it doesn't really apply

....nevermind.
its alright, i'm posting on the beast right now
Quote from garph :That version of Vista?

Gotta love when people drop crazy money on quality hardware and then say they haven't got money for software.

:bananadea
Quote from garph :That version of Vista?

Probably a messed up download or if you really have brought it and just downloaded that for fun it could be loads of things. Try installing XP or even try installing that Vista you have on another H/D to show you what the problem is Vista disk/download or H/D.

EDIT: DVD drive could be to blame as well like anik360 said.

lol nice spot.
Im not flaming him, but i have always been curious about this.

Mind if i see a screenshot of your desktop harjun?
I have always wondered whether the fake vista has looked the same as the real one e.g the docks, aero etc.
#11 - Jakg
I hope your taking the piss?

"Fake Vista" can mean many things - if you mean an XP Skin, then it doesn't look the same, it depends which one you use, if you mean a hooky version, then it works and looks the same.
lol, just needed little Frenchy to enter the thread, then CHWABANG! i just realised, i bought vista home premium of ebuyer £50, but when i put the disk in, i tried to install Vista Ultimate lol oh well, yes, i'm too busy to, Proove to some little Frenchy who thinks all his other friends laughed so much that he thinks he Caught Harjun out...lol

Just installed more necessary programmes first, like drivers etc. and speedfan

Jack can you please post the link for the most uptodate nvidia 8800GTS BFG 640mb OC Version?

Thanks
#13 - Jakg
What operating system do you have?

I could link you to the latest (169.04), but it would be easier to "teach you how to fish" as it were - find your driver here.

I recommend you set your language to "English (US)" because theres no difference between the UK and US drivers (afaik) and the US one tends to be newer.
k, thanks again Jack boy!
I would recommend sticking with the 163's for now..I installed the 169's to play the Crysis Demo, and it screwed almost EVERYTHING except the actual Crysis gameplay, to which I couldn't see any difference at all!

As for 'naughty' versions of Vista, somebody recently confided that they had a naughty version, and when they had to do the WGA check on the M$ website to download a hotfix, it came back as 100% OK!!!
So much for the foolproof anti-pirate measures!
Bladey, it isn't even close to being foolproof. Someone I know has a naughty version of Vista, and it passes WGA.
HAXXING IS BAD! Nobody can assume Harjun has a pwned version of Vista, I for one, believe it is a legit copy, as was his XP copy. Nobodys here to break laws...
~Bryan~
it was a recovery disc from my laptop lol, all works fine though, dunno if thats allowed
However a legitimate copy of Vista unactivated does get to reduced functionality mode as I found out the other day. Tbf though you can just run explorer.exe and pretty much everything is back to normal lol. Uni dished out another fresh key though so I'm good to go until I make any other big hardware changes.
oo yea and one more thing if you change major hardware components like for ex. a motherboard you will lose your activation if you have the OEM license key and harjun's "laptop backup CD" violates the EULA it wont activate

EDIT: i found it the hard way when i changed my mobo and the oem Ultimate and called the tech suppport man in India maybe and charged me 15 bucks for support and gave me a new key eventually
Got a problem...cause its from my laptop, the ATI configuration is stilll there, and on programme files, look at bottom right...also, when i right click though, it says nVidia Control Panel, it won't even let me get rid of the ATI thing
Attached images
pic.jpg
#22 - Jakg
Driver Cleaner perhaps?
where do i get that from?
oh dear don't you know anything about OEM junk its filled with Acer crap duh just remove them and you will be fine BTW did you activate that copy?
yeh, already activated for some reason uninstalled everything, first thing i DID, just wouldn't let me uninstall the ATI crap

Installing Vista
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG