The online racing simulator
SimRS needs YOU! (Announcing the 2007-2008 Rallycross World Series)

Announcements:
2007-2008 (Inaugural) Rallycross World Series!
SimRS needs volunteers!
SimRS needs your input!
INTRODUCTION

The goal of the 2007 SimRS Rallycross World Series is to create a competitive, team-oriented, international rallycross championship. The World Series will encourage individuals to form teams based on nationality that will battle against similar teams in a multi-round, ladder-based championship. Each event will feature two nations, three heats, and three different car/course combinations. Teams will earn points based on each member's individual performance, and the team that collects the most points will move on to the next round. Registration is REQUIRED to participate in the World Series championship, and teams will be organized on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each team will be allowed to register reserve drivers who may act as replacements before or during an event. Registration information can be found below. The 2007-2007 World Series will begin in mid-to-late December, and will only take a couple of weeks to complete. Specific event scheduling will be handled once the competitor registration deadline has been reached.

REGISTRATION

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sunday, December 2nd 2007

Registration is necessary to participate in the 2007-2008 Rallycross World Series. The championship will be limited to eight teams unless there is significant interest in expanding to sixteen teams. The following information must be given in order for your request to be accepted:

Live for Speed Username
Email Address
GMT Offset (Time Zone)
Real Name
Nationality
Subregion (if applicable)

Please do not submit any registration unless you feel that you'll be able to commit to the entire championship or have another driver who could replace you. Competitors who register as reserve drivers will be placed on the active drivers list until the minimum amount of drivers has been reached (read more below about driver minimums). Registration will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis, thus early registration is suggested. SimRS will not accept any registration application in lieu of another individual.

COMPETITORS CAN REGISTER BY EMAILING [email protected] WITH THE NECESSARY INFORMATION, OR BY VISITING http://www.simrs.com/worldseries AND USING THE ENTRY FORM AVAILABLE THERE. (The website is still under construction, and the basic version will likely be uploaded next weekend.)

(FULL TEXT CAN BE VIEWED HERE - PDF FILE)

SimRS needs volunteers!

SimRS has high hopes for its inaugural rallycross championship, and can't do it alone! If you think you can contribute in any way, please contact me! You can either message me here on the forums, or email me at [email protected]

We're looking for:
Event Marshals
Video Producers
Championship Prize Offers
... and anyone who thinks they have something to offer!

SimRS needs your input!
Please, I would really appreciate people taking the time to look over the tenative general provisions (HERE) and note any absences, problems, corrections, etc. that you think should be made. I want the entire Live for Speed community to help me make this championship a success, and I can't do that by myself! Anyone interested in participating in the championship needs to read the entire PDF document, as it goes into greater detail about the championship than this post does.

I want to know such things as:
How many drivers should a 'full' team have?
Should I limit the number of reserve drivers?
Should reserve drivers be allowed to swap mid-event?
Any problems with the current car/course combinations?
Which would work better for you, weekdays or weekends?
Thanks in advance! This is just the initial announcement, more information will follow as it's dealt with. Mods, I'd really appreciate it if this thread remained in the General section, as I'm trying to get information and feedback from the entire Live for Speed community.

I'm looking forward in being an event marshall. Now mu question is; what would I be doing?

Oh and about this:

I want to know such things as:

How many drivers should a 'full' team have? I think three drivers would be okay.
Should I limit the number of reserve drivers? Off course no! There's always a bunch of douchebag forumers never showing on time so the more reserves you have, the best it is.
Should reserve drivers be allowed to swap mid-event? I think yes.
Any problems with the current car/course combinations? Dunno :s
Which would work better for you, weekdays or weekends? Weekends as most of us have a life outside LFS (School & Work) which takes most of the weekdays.
Quote from Riders Motion :I'm looking forward in being an event marshall. Now mu question is; what would I be doing?

Good question. Marshals would either be assisting me in the execution of an event, or you could possibly be running an event yourself. In an assistance role, you'd be keeping an eye on the action for rule infractions such as intentional punts, course cutting, etc. If I wouldn't be able to make it to a scheduled event (which is why I'd like to assemble a solid team of marshals) you'd be running the show, making sure to save replays in case I need to review an incident.
Quote from XenoWolf :Good question. Marshals would either be assisting me in the execution of an event, or you could possibly be running an event yourself. In an assistance role, you'd be keeping an eye on the action for rule infractions such as intentional punts, course cutting, etc. If I wouldn't be able to make it to a scheduled event (which is why I'd like to assemble a solid team of marshals) you'd be running the show, making sure to save replays in case I need to review an incident.

That seems fine to me. However I'd like to know the schedule (I hope it's GTM-5 friendly too...) so that I don't miss an event. PM for the rest as I don't have Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Riders Motion :That seems fine to me. However I'd like to know the schedule (I hope it's GTM-5 friendly too...) so that I don't miss an event. PM for the rest as I don't have Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The event(s) schedule won't be finalized for quite some time. I'll be announcing a registration deadline soon (probably somewhere near Dec. 1st) and events will be scheduled afterwards. Since this is an international championship, I'll need to be mindful of who has registered before I can set times.
I had fun in the event I ran last season, and I'll definitely be thinking about racing again this season.

Good luck!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I had fun in the event I ran last season, and I'll definitely be thinking about racing again this season.

Good luck!

This will be different from the championship we did over the summer. The World Series will be a pure rallycross championship (as opposed to the stage rally championship we just wrapped up). Regardless, you're more than welcome! You can register early by emailing me at [email protected] with the necessary information.
Sound's Interesting... Can I fake my nationality? so we don't have 10brits in 1 team?
Quote from XenoWolf :
Any problems with the current car/course combinations?

I really like the idea but why is there nog fz5?

and don't publish the tracks that's what I really loved with simrs just racing no practice.
I'll be a marshal along with RM..

I've been waiting FOREVER for a bunch of rally racers to get together and have an organized race.. Maybe this will jumpstart the LFS rallycross revolution hahaa.
Quote from wimpie :I really like the idea but why is there nog fz5?

and don't publish the tracks that's what I really loved with simrs just racing no practice.

Well, there are really only three I can use... and three heats per event... do the math.

I excluded the FZ5 for convenience reasons really (not that I don't like the car). I wanted to keep it simple and stick to car/course combinations that most people are familiar with.

Quote : Sound's Interesting... Can I fake my nationality? so we don't have 10brits in 1 team?

I've thought about this, knowing that a lot of LFS players are from the UK. When you register, let me know what part of the UK you're from and I may end up splitting you that way (Wales, Scotland, N Ireland, etc.)

Quote : I'll be a marshal along with RM..

Great! Keep in touch, and keep up with any future rule changes. Like I mentioned before, I'll let marshals know about event dates/times as soon as I know them myself.
3 drivers per team? Sounds good.
The combinations are good too, and I think it's better on weekends.

I'm looking forward to participate in the races.
The General Provisions have been updated!

Updated information:

Registration Deadline Announced
Event Scheduling
Team Structures
Event Structures
Registration Information

I plan on having a basic registration page up by Sunday.

IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO HELP TRANSLATE THIS DOCUMENT INTO ANOTHER LANGUAGE, YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO DO SO. Please submit any translated documents to [email protected] so I can upload them to the website.

SimRS is still looking for marshals outside of North America. If you have experience as a marshal and can help, please let me know!
Quote from XenoWolf :...
IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO HELP TRANSLATE THIS DOCUMENT INTO ANOTHER LANGUAGE, YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO DO SO.

What document? The first post or the pdf file?

So if I sign and there are no 2 other Finnish members I cannot join?

Some input: In the pdf it reads... "In the event of a false start, an event marshal will restart the heat."

Doesn't this encourage people to try make "a dash start" (or whatever it's called in english when you try to guess when the light goes green), if you are not punished for a false start?

Also...maybe you should put a link at the SimRS section to this thread... I saw this only now.
Quote from Aquilifer :What document? The first post or the pdf file?

The PDF document.

Quote from Aquilifer :So if I sign and there are no 2 other Finnish members I cannot join?

Correct. The idea is for people to look around and form/work with a team. That's why I'm limiting the series to eight teams of three (plus reserves), because I realize that the Live for Speed community isn't large enough to supply a variety of massive teams.

Quote from Aquilifer :Some input: In the pdf it reads... "In the event of a false start, an event marshal will restart the heat."

Doesn't this encourage people to try make "a dash start" (or whatever it's called in english when you try to guess when the light goes green), if you are not punished for a false start?

Good point. If I, or other event marshals, noticing that happening the driver will likely receive a penalty (I'll amend that part, making a note of it).

Quote from Aquilifer :
Also...maybe you should put a link at the SimRS section to this thread... I saw this only now.

Agreed, I was holding off until I get the registration website up.
-
(Riders Motion) DELETED by Riders Motion
Online registration is now live here! (Just in time too, I'm off to watch the final heat of the BTCC Thruxton meet... )
Quick question;

On the registration form it asks for your Nationality and then Region. This is a little confusing as I would need to enter German as Nationality, however I live in Cornwall in the UK?

What should one enter in cases like this?
Quote from F.Rizzo :Quick question;

On the registration form it asks for your Nationality and then Region. This is a little confusing as I would need to enter German as Nationality, however I live in Cornwall in the UK?

What should one enter in cases like this?

Hmm, maybe I should be a little clearer. By nationality I'm referring to the country you currently reside in, and by region I'm referring to what 'part' of that country you're in (Cornwall, in your example). I hadn't considered expatriates.
Quote from XenoWolf :Hmm, maybe I should be a little clearer. By nationality I'm referring to the country you currently reside in, and by region I'm referring to what 'part' of that country you're in (Cornwall, in your example). I hadn't considered expatriates.

Cornwall is a subsidary of England, it's a county, think of it as a miniture state, It is probobly the Texas of teh UK, they speak really funny in Cornwall
They have good pasties though...

They speak funnier in Yorkshire

*hides*
Although, there is a special Kernow flag, for cornwall..
Hehe - yeah they do speak funny down here!

Another quick question ... does each driver have to drive the 3 car/track combos or is it that you have to decide within the "team" who drives which car?
Quote from F.Rizzo :Another quick question ... does each driver have to drive the 3 car/track combos or is it that you have to decide within the "team" who drives which car?

Individuals can choose what cars they want to drive (from the available choices depending on the heat) -- they can also choose to let a reserve driver replace them if they feel they're not good at a specific combo (or for any other reason). Drivers aren't required to drive in every heat. Most of the 'team' interaction should happen before events -- practicing, sharing setups, etc. I hope that answers your question.
Indeed it does Cheers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG