Xbox 360 Live [Gamer Tags]
(38 posts, started )
I searched for a thread with peoples xbox live usernames who play LFS, but all I found was threads talking about the 360 and how people prefer the PS3. Well I have just signed up to my 1 month gold trial so I can download the pes2008 demo, I have my full 12 month live subscription coming in the post in the next few days along with my copy of Halo 3.

Personally I prefer racing games, and I've got back into Forza 2 recently, but the drivers online seem to be a bit...crap. So I was wondering how many LFS players had xbox live and Forza 2. So I searched, found nothing about it.

So basically post up your xbox live usernames here if you want some LFS quality drivers to race against, or if you need help shooting 12 year old smack talking americans on Halo.

My temp username is QSilver11
I have forza 2 but my Live has ended So i can't play Forza 2 on live right now.
I think its gay that you have to pay separately for a LIVE Account.. If you bought the game and the console, SURELY that is enough... guess not these days..
I have Forza 2 and a gold sub, so I'll come online and race against (read: get beaten by) you I prefer classes A and under though, I find them more fun.

GamerTag: Dajmin
What a shock

Problem is my 360 just got picked up for repair this morning, and as I write this I just realised I left the Forza 2 disc in it. Crap.
Anyone know what happens to the disc if you return the machine with one in it?
Don't worry I probably won't play until my full 12 month one comes. I also prefer lower classes, but be warned my cars are made for the ring...I call them ring monsters.
Quote from Dajmin :Problem is my 360 just got picked up for repair this morning, and as I write this I just realised I left the Forza 2 disc in it. Crap.
Anyone know what happens to the disc if you return the machine with one in it?

If you are talking about a free MS warranty repair
you will VERY likely lose the game. When my 360 got fixed around March the one that returned was not mine, and I believe this is the standard practice to enable a fast turnaround (took 5 days to get the replacement).

EDIT - that's the same reason they tell you to disconnect the HD on the proper 360 (not the base one) cos that won't be returned if you left it connected either.
Quote from BlueFlame :I think its gay that you have to pay separately for a LIVE Account.. If you bought the game and the console, SURELY that is enough... guess not these days..

Well I can understand why you must purchase XBox Live because Microsoft has the best OnLine game play ever, the way it's setup is Awesome and I think no other console will ever have that ability. PS2 online game play blows, the way you enter games and it's platform just sucks donkey b*lls, but this is my opinion and I'm happy with paying for XBox Live. Pay for a full year, $54usd
Xbox live is so much better than what Sony offer, I have been a Playstation fan for ages but the PS3 is just too expensive and crappy. I'm just about to go on Forza 2 for a quick spin around the ring...and I mean spin, crash, restart, spin, crash....repeat.
Quote from Monkeymike :If you are talking about a free MS warranty repair
you will VERY likely lose the game. When my 360 got fixed around March the one that returned was not mine, and I believe this is the standard practice to enable a fast turnaround (took 5 days to get the replacement).

EDIT - that's the same reason they tell you to disconnect the HD on the proper 360 (not the base one) cos that won't be returned if you left it connected either.

Yup, I've been asking around on various forums and it looks like I'm basically out of luck. I did remember to take off the HD, but I completely forgot the disc was in there.

I thought about downloading an ISO (I saw a Halo 3 one a couple of days ago so figure there must be a Forza 2 one somewhere as well) but it looks like regular DVDs don't work without chipping. So I might be relegated to trying to find a cheap used copy, although I've not seen any in my frequent trips to GAME.
My last resort is having a bit of a yell at Customer Services to see if they can get it noted, but I don't hold out much hope for that.
Hey well when you do sort it out here is a preview of the car you need to be beating...its my standard looking Lotus Carlton...but its on A class 850 and its quite rapid...
Attached images
Lotus Carlton Ring Monster.jpg
Lotus Carlton Ring Monster 2.jpg
Lotus Carlton Ring Monster 3.jpg
I have a custom painted 850 Pacman Beetle. I think I also have an Audi A4 that's 850 as well.

Can't remember the class, but I love my Castrol Skyline too. Goes like a bat out of hell. And here's another pic of it just for good measure
I've got an Audi too, but its a top end S class. I have a painted BMW too, thats mid range A class. I used to have a mental Ford Focus, I spent so much on it but I just couldn't drive the thing. It was RWD and had over 700bhp...I don't use driving aids...
Attached images
Audi RS4 Ring Monster.jpg
BMW M3 Mobil 1.jpg
When I first got Forza 2, i always selected no driving aids, but when just for try switched TCS and ABS on, I swear, I just couldn't turn those off again....But I agree it's more fun and challenging with aids off, also IMO it's not very good to drift with TCS on anyways
waiting for my elite, forza 2 and virtua fighter 5 to arrive.

I shall be named Blaeza and will be shit and very n00bish indeed.

See you all on the 'ring soon...
One thing I never understood about FM2 is how in the heck do they get them sweet skins, like the gears of war skin or even the ScarFace skin. I was told the developers are making them and selling them on auction. Any clue??
Theres specially made ones by the devs I think, and theres lots of people making them in the community. Loads of replica skins too, I've tried a few replicas, pretty easy to make.

Here are some of the cars I've recently won but not raced yet. I think I might use the Nissan as a little test to see how good a paintjob I can do.
Attached images
Chevy Tiger R4.jpg
Porker R4.jpg
Nissan Phwoar.jpg
Pug207 super 2000.jpg
Quote from TypeRCivic :One thing I never understood about FM2 is how in the heck do they get them sweet skins, like the gears of war skin or even the ScarFace skin. I was told the developers are making them and selling them on auction. Any clue??

It's just people with a lot of time dedicated to skinning. They use the same basic geometric shapes the rest of us are limited to, but obviously they layer and shade them like crazy. The Jessican Alba one technically doesn't look like her facially, but it's an impressive piece of skinning.
I'm working on a Sonic the Hedgehog skin (it was going to be a competition entry but Xbox problems meant I never got it finished in time) and it uses the same methods but looks cool. So far it's just the background and his head, but it's still my best work

@ATC Quicksilver
That little 207 is amazing to throw around the 'Ring, but you need to lengthen the gears a bit or it'll kill itself in the fast sections
I gave it a good go last night online, found some pretty cool people, one of them gave my a car because it was my first time on xbox live. They said that there is software you can get that allows you to use photoshop to create paintjobs then import them into the game, they didn't go into more detail but my understanding is the really impressive skins are done that way.
That's not true as far as i know.

People are really doing it with the geometric shapes in forza. There is a tutorial on the official forum in the paintjob section where you can see how it's done.

People are creating skins with photorealistic pictures for example... using thousands of shapes and layers. It's quite sick.

EDIT: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/213264.aspx
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I've been doing a bit of shameless LFS promoting on Forza 2, I am selling tuned Nissan R390s with my custom paintjob on them.
Attached images
r390 lfs.jpg
r390 lfs 2.jpg
Is somebody here playing skate? If yes, add me!

GT: jibber951
Didn't know it was out, but upon reading that I decided to go buy it, will be online shortly.
I have live! DomGTR is my tag
#24 - DeKo
best mate bought an x360 core (he doesnt have broadband, no point in premium) and ive actually played fifa for 24 hours solid, only stopping for 4 hours to go to work and about 10 minutes for food. Its possibly the best game ive ever played.
Added you now DomGTR! I was playing on Skate just now, got a bit bored of Forza 2 today, might go do some Halo 3.

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG