The online racing simulator
LFS Mail
(55 posts, started )
LFS Mail
Hello everybody!

LFS Mail is an InSim application for servers that allows users to send emails to other lfs users in game. All emails are begin saved in a central MySql database. That way you can read all your email in all servers that are running LFS Mail and are connected to the central database.

LFS Mail is currently in Alpha stage, but is ready to be tested so far.
The emails are being stored in a central database located at www.lfsmods.net provided by birder from www.conedodgers.co.uk.

LFS Mail supports custom databases, which allows you to use your own database. I included an image where you can see the database definition.

Testing this application would be greatly appreciated. The more servers it are using the more valuable LFS Mail is!

LFS Mail has been build using the .NET Framework 2.0. So you need that if you want to run the application. (If you don't already have it)

The command(by default) to use the email system is !mail.

LFS Mail also has a Private Message module, which allows users to send private messages to other uses in the current server. Private Messages are chat lines that can only be read by the destonation player. To access the pm system, type !pm to popup the pm screen.
The pm system can also be disabled.

For more information about connecting and settings see the config.txt file included in the zip archive.

Current Version: Alpha 1.02

Thank you!
Attached images
newmail.jpg
outbox.jpg
inbox.jpg
tablelayout.jpg
Attached files
LFSMail.zip - 143.9 KB - 998 views
i think it could use the same LFS database (if the devs would accept it)
Great app T-RonX
Hey that's a cool idea and program.
hey, could you give some instructions about installing, and starting this program? i always have an error message if i try to start it (even in a different folder, even in the LFS main folder)
Quote from Live For Kill :hey, could you give some instructions about installing, and starting this program? i always have an error message if i try to start it (even in a different folder, even in the LFS main folder)

What does it say? Did you configure your settings in config.txt?
what should i configure there?
Quote from Live For Kill :what should i configure there?

This part:

// Main InSim settings.
InSim_Host = 127.0.0.1
InSim_TCPPort = 29999
InSim_Pass = adminpass
i still have the same error message
Attached images
LFS hiba.JPG
done, but it cant connect to the InSim
Quote from Live For Kill :done, but it cant connect to the InSim

What does it come up with? Did you initialize InSim with /insim=29999 or from setup.cfg?
where is that setup.cfg?
Quote from Live For Kill :where is that setup.cfg?

It's in the lfs dedi server folder. You must also set an admin password there.
so i must install the dedi host?
i sent a mail for you, please check it if it works
Good job T-ronX!!!
no, i must run LFSDedi all the time, if I want to use LFSMail
Quote from Live For Kill :no, i must run LFSDedi all the time, if I want to use LFSMail

It seems that you don't really understand what it is intended for. You must not run it on your local computer(but you could). It's intended for dedicated servers. So if you join a server that is running LFS Mail you only have to type !mail to read or write.
try it. host a host, and i will connect on it, and try to see if it works. make sure its S1.
Quote from Live For Kill :try it. host a host, and i will connect on it, and try to see if it works. make sure its S1.

Done. Join the server i'm in now.
Awesome.
I think something like this would be awesome if done the way he was (and i was) thinking about it.

I think it would be a great addition if the devs allowed you to create something that ran client-side and connected to the main lfs server...that way, its centralized and works across multiple servers...

But great idea and execution!

LFS Mail
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG