The online racing simulator
Formula Junior Tool
(32 posts, started )
Formula Junior Tool
In response to interest from a 3rd party league to run our Formula Junior specification car i've knocked up a little application that restricts all cars to 20% intake restriction and 70kg ballast. It's meant for use with the FO8 car (although it applies this restriction to whatever car).

It will only work as intended when connected to a dedicated server, using it with a client version of LFS may not work correctly or result in errors.

Formula Junior Tool
Thanks Becky! Really appreciate it
i might get this wrong, but why do we need that tool? can't the cars be restricted from server side already?
if not and we really need that tool, sorry.

regards
#4 - SamH
Quote from micha1980de :i might get this wrong, but why do we need that tool? can't the cars be restricted from server side already?
if not and we really need that tool, sorry.

regards

At the moment, there is no way to restrict cars arbitrarily on the server except through InSim. That's what this tool does.
It's meant for league or server side use to ensure that all competitors are running the correct specification for FJR, so admins dont need to constantly check.
Is there a tool like this that makes it easy to alter any parameter such as the intake. Would be great for our baby_r prac sessions to ensure everyone is at 45% intake. I don't think this is easily alterable, is it?
There is a tool for Baby-R that I did
I thought there. I looked through the CTRA forum and could only find the formula Junior tool.....
Ah yes its not a CTRA car, so I just gave it to ZWR directly but I think they have their own more versatile tool now anyway.
Well we dont need all ZWR's whistles and bells probably with that website and league management in it. Would it not be easier to release a general tool which allows intake and car via a config file?
#11 - SamH
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Would it not be easier to release a general tool which allows intake and car via a config file?

tbh, it wouldn't be in the best interests of CTRA to do that. It's entirely up to anyone who develops in InSim to create any tool they want for the community, so I'm sure someone will turn out one of these at some point.. but I'd honestly recommend to Becky that she only produce CTRA-spec GT2 and FJR tools (and ZWR-spec, since UKCT do have a close association with the ZWR guys). This way Becky's X-Class tools can always be relied upon to allow CTRA-scrutineered cars, and the CTRA classification can be maintained. The ZWR BabyR, for example, is a classification that might at some point become a CTRA licence. Since it was devised by the ZWR guys, the CTRA licence name would be something like "ZWR BabyR Challenge" or something acknowledging ZWR as the originator, within the CTRA system. It's a hint at the Events system that we're looking at, for next year.. but I can't offer more clues until we know where the STCC is going.
Come on Sam spill the beans

All joking apart though I can't wait for the events system to come online
#13 - SamH
There are no beans to spill, I'm afraid.. until the future of the STCC is settled/established, we can't look at significant further developments of the CTRA system. The events system definitely sits under the "significant" banner. We do what we can, when we can, for the moment
What else do you need to know about the wording 'event system'

It would be a system that would allow for events ofcourse =)
I would have loved to use your little restriction app. I had a go at your FJR restriction. But isnt editable. No probs, someone offerd to help us out here. I think your right to keep to general restriction app to yourselfs. If it does get public for some reason your loose that exclusive thing CTRA has currently. I hope this deal works out for you with the STCC. You both spend a lot off time creating it.
#16 - SamH
I think we're happy for the apps to be out there, but specifically running the CTRA classes FJR and GT2. It's the ability to change the restrictions that we'd rather not offer.. but I think many other programmers are very capable of offering the things that we don't want to

[edit] niels, if you need the app that Becky made for the Baby-R, I know that's out there somewhere. I believe ZWR had difficulty configuring it, but we tested it and I'm pretty sure it works if it's configured correctly. If Becky hasn't got a copy, I'm sure Dru or someone will have it. It just needs the IP of the server, the InSim port number and the admin password. Once it has those, it will actively spectate anyone without the correct Baby-R restrictions.
OT: Sam whats gotten into you? Up by 0800!!! I have NEVER seen you up this early =)
#18 - SamH
I haven't gone to bed yet I just finished printing a 233 page safety case report, and now I have to condense it to about 20 pages
The new and improved Sam ?
Its probably a requirement for season 2 of STCC
#20 - SamH
Nope, old and very knackered LOL!
Thank you CTRA, keep up the good work - I hope it pays in the end...
I got a silver license and found out what you have achieved with insim on race 2 server, amazing!
I had no idea you could build something like this with insim, all I can say is wow.
I find this and ZWR baby r ideas are great additions to LFS, for and by the community, you have all my support and respect for that.
Quote from SamH :I................................

[edit] niels, if you need the app that Becky made for the Baby-R, I know that's out there somewhere. I believe ZWR had difficulty configuring it, but we tested it and I'm pretty sure it works if it's configured correctly. If Becky hasn't got a copy, I'm sure Dru or someone will have it. It just needs the IP of the server, the InSim port number and the admin password. Once it has those, it will actively spectate anyone without the correct Baby-R restrictions.

Aye, sure i`m up for that. Dru doesnt have it anymore. Already asked that. But if becky could sent here little app I am more then happy.
Ill have to check if I still have it. In my defence, the problem configuring it was that the person who tried did not know the admin or insim details of the server they where configuring it on...
Quote from Becky Rose :Ill have to check if I still have it. In my defence, the problem configuring it was that the person who tried did not know the admin or insim details of the server they where configuring it on...

Ohh thanks Becky. You dont have to defend yourself misses. We know what your capable off. .

btw : Hows life with the new boyfriend ?
Quote from Becky Rose :Ill have to check if I still have it. In my defence, the problem configuring it was that the person who tried did not know the admin or insim details of the server they where configuring it on...

Well, it wasn't our server and at the time no one knew anything about running servers and connecting insim to it (all i worked on were local insim apps).
I think I still have the app on my mac somewhere, so if i find it I'll post it here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG