The online racing simulator
Check out the new thrustmaster, 5axes.
So they added some sort of lever to be used as a clutch? A third pedal would have made quite a lot more sense...
Quote from Kegetys :So they added some sort of lever to be used as a clutch? A third pedal would have made quite a lot more sense...

Yes, but then it would be more expensive

You can have it for 120€.
I guess those gear change paddles are split in half (making total of 4 paddles) and one pair is analog.

Some older Thrustmaster wheel had those split paddles too. I don't know why wheel manufacturers won't add another pedal for clutch. It can't be that expensive to add one more pedal.
Heck, I'm trying to figure out where the page for that motorcycle handlebar controller is!!!!

Oh nevermind, old controller, for some freestyle motox game :rolleyes:

Still kinda cool tho:
Real F1 cars have the clutch in the wheel
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Cool, The pedals probably aren't as shitty as the logitech ones and I hate how the paddles are so small on the dfp, since I got it i've been accidently shifting twice occasionally.
So, have anyone tested it..? I am planning on bying it. It's looking more proffesional then DFP and Momo..
I honestly would wait to go try it hands on somewhere if possible. I really don't trust Thrustmaster products from seeing what has gone on with friends of mine who own wheels by them. If it feels solid and has great construction, that is one thing I'd be surprised of.
Looks nice, but it looks like the DFP without the 900 Degress. Would be nice to have a review on this, see if the pedals with stand the amount of abuse us give it
Quote from Tweaker :I honestly would wait to go try it hands on somewhere if possible. I really don't trust Thrustmaster products from seeing what has gone on with friends of mine who own wheels by them. If it feels solid and has great construction, that is one thing I'd be surprised of.

hmmm either the quality of thrustmaster products has decreased a lot in recent years or or one of the 2 of us has no idea what hes talking about ...at least the odler non-ff wheels were great (admitedly the spring on the brakes did break all the time but i guess its just what happens if u use a strong spring to create a brake that feels somewhat realistic unlike those crappy soft logitech pedals ... and you could easily get a replacement spring from tm)
Quote from Shotglass :hmmm either the quality of thrustmaster products has decreased a lot in recent years or or one of the 2 of us has no idea what hes talking about ...at least the odler non-ff wheels were great (admitedly the spring on the brakes did break all the time but i guess its just what happens if u use a strong spring to create a brake that feels somewhat realistic unlike those crappy soft logitech pedals ... and you could easily get a replacement spring from tm)

Yeah, I had a Thrustmatser T2 for playing NFS and GP2. Remember months of saving up money to buy it It was a great wheel. And, IIRC it still works for a friend of my older brother!
Haha, I had a T2 long long time ago too. My first wheel that was. Remember playing Big Red Racing and Carmageddon 1 with it.

But that new Thrustmaster wheel looks pretty meh. Nothing new or fancy about it. They should've done 900 degrees + clutch pedal, no matter the extra cost. I'm sure it would sell out for simracers like porrage for nutcases.
-
I checked some german onlinestores and they have it stocked.

The missing clutch pedal is a shame and I found a reason why: to make more money. TM sells the pedals as extra pedal set too and these can be locked to the original set taking over the function of the analogue paddels/levers, probably mostly used for clutch and hand brake (then more a rear wheel only foot brake) then. The really bad thing is TM says the extra pedals deactivate the paddels/levers, so no 7 axis with paddels for looking around or whatever other use.:thumbsdow
Quote from Vagner :Real F1 cars have the clutch in the wheel

Yes but remember 'Real F1 Cars' are crap
And by the looks of it so is that wheel...
-
-
amazing 278342 wheels after we still dont have a great 3 pedal wheel at a common mortal price.

analogue pads? why da **** would i want that.
hey i wouldnt mind them IF I HAD THE 3RD PEDAL down there
BUT TO REPLACE IT? bah crap.
i could use the analogue pads to move head and thats it.
make a 3rd pedal, a true H pattern shifter that could be used as sequencial also, as option, and then yes, u have a winner.

speed7s or vpp + momored + actlabs is still the combo to get i guess...
It looks like they're using the same pedals as the Ferrari F1 wheel that I used to own. Not great pedals. I cracked mine at the base of the brake.

I'll stick with my DFP with frex i think.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG