The online racing simulator
corrected FOV for dualscreen
(77 posts, started )
In this thread the problem is described perfectly
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13848

I tried to rotate the view like octane say and it looks realy distorted.
So i make my own proxy-dll and this is the result:

It only works with dual monitors in span-mode!

Put this file in your LFS directory and start LFS. To cycle through the viewmodes hit 'M' ingame. (menu-view -> steeringwheel left ->sw right)

UPDATE:
I´ve added a small cfg-file

steeringwheel right:
steeringwheel left:
Attached images
left.jpg
right.jpg
Attached files
d3d8.zip - 57.5 KB - 880 views
Like SoftTH but for dual view? Sounds really cool, although I personally don't need it anymore. It would certainly be beneficial if you could configure the resolution though.
Now the resolution can be changed via a small config-file.
how about more details about the CFG file? So we know what everything is

How should one go about setting this up for instance, what resolution should the sim be set to?

Also pressing M doesn't do anything for me
The CFG constist of 4 lines. For Examlple:

2560 - screen width of windows (Span mode)
1024 - screen height
32 - colordepth (16/32)
60 - refresh rate in hz

the m button works only when you selected the new resolution in the lfs options menu.

I made the dll primary for me, so nothing is commented very well.
I think I did all that stuff, but I'll have another go of it by the book

EDIT: no good, pressing M just doesnt do anything.
i´ve made an update, new version can be downloaded above.

-cfg-File changed (edited my post about the cfg file)

now its:
screen width of windows (e.g. 2560)
screen height
colordepth
refreshrate
nothing changes when i press M.

Is it the way youre getting the Key?
Is it my 3monitor (2x on AGP 1X on pci) setup? I disabled the 3rd monitor, so that shouldnt be it.
i get the key with GetAsyncKeyState. the only bug i know is when you minimize the game and then return, the keyroutine is turned off. but when you change the resolution to a normal one and back its running again.

the m key works only when you´re in the 'fake' resolution (3*XY...3840x1024 or so), but the game displays only 2*X.
ah, the game minimizes when my dashboard software loads up, so i need to switch resolutions back and forth to make it work?
Uh, that would be a no go sir. It started responding, BUT seems to show my entire spanned monitor as the extreme left or right monitor.

tried to fraps some video of this behavior for you, but it didnt like it.
hmm ,I set up the cfg ,run game and is still (the single screen)stretched over two monitors doesn't work for me .
some ideas?
@BranislavS: can you make a screenshot, so i see what you mean. try to press 'M'...
i make a little manual so everyone can see how it must look.
Attached images
manual.jpg
I've addjust like on picture you make and still not good

maybe you have nvidia and i have ati

thx
---------------------------------------
German:

Ich habe es genau so ausprobiert wie deine einleitung und ich habe es probiers auch mit deine auflosung und nichts ,Immer das FOV immer zwischen screens. (kann nich gut deutsch schreiben)

und das M funkcioniert aber nich bei mir in die fake auflosung ,und fps ganz nach unten

danke
Attached images
lfs_00000052.JPG
lfs_00000053.JPG
i followed that guide and it worked fine for me. Im using an nvidia card
i tried too, but i can't find the option to enable the screen mode with extended taskbar i have an ATI 1950Pro and obviously there are no such options in the driver to "extend" in that kind, that i can choose a resolution of 2580x960 for only 1 enabled monitor ?? can anybody help with this problem ? because of that i can only enable a resolution tripples my windows single monitor resolution in LFS options. as a result LFS crashes if it comes to the game mode in fullscreen.
I'm with ati too and cant find the freakin option as well!!! any suggestions?
Quote from haelje :i tried too, but i can't find the option to enable the screen mode with extended taskbar i have an ATI 1950Pro and obviously there are no such options in the driver to "extend" in that kind, that i can choose a resolution of 2580x960 for only 1 enabled monitor ?? can anybody help with this problem ? because of that i can only enable a resolution tripples my windows single monitor resolution in LFS options. as a result LFS crashes if it comes to the game mode in fullscreen.

"strech main horizontaly onto monitor"
It's in the ATI Control Center.
I'll try to screenshot the results I get, i dont think it likes ATI
Quote from Bob Smith :It's in the ATI Control Center.

either i'm blind or this option is hidden very well, but i can't find anything that matches this perhaps anybody with an ATI card can describe the menu-path to this option ?
See pic:
Attached images
likethis.PNG
i only got this in my ATI Catalyst Control Center
version 7.9
Attached images
ati_cat.png

(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG