Round 2 Discussion
Talk about Round 2 here

Special Thanks to..
Thanks to WolleT from LFSTracker.
ASR TV for the broadcasting.
Commentators: Marius 'squasseL' Golombeck & Jörn 'Commander' Dombrowski
server admins: Paul and Rev
Sponsors: TrackIR, Banni.co.uk, 500servers, my3id.com and Morrow Designs
Tough race for me, started 27th in Div 2, made up some places in the first few laps, due to the RB's flair for getting off the start line.

Proceeded to tumble down the grid as the pace quickened, levelled out about 4 places from the back of the grid, all going swimmingly untill I noticed that I had made a slight fuel calculation error, and wasn't going to have enough fuel for the last lap, had to make a quick splash and dash, and somehow ended up in 17th (I think).

All in all, not a terrible result, my team mate disco'd on lap 7, which was a pain.....

As for the bad?, organisation needs looking at, and there was a heck of a lot of contact in the races, but all in all, not a bad event for me.

P.S. RB4 was a bad choice
I'm dead.
In the need of a good massage.
I was driving ze fxo, sissy car.

Lap 10 : hmm tyres.. hot
Lap 15: ok I'm not gonna make this
Lap 20: hmm maybe another 5 laps and then they're gone
Then, by lap 25 or so, some other fxo drivers had to make pit stop so I was like
So I tried to consolidate, but Richard wouldn't let me

It was a nice race, climbed a lot positions (11 or so ?)
Thanks to Richard.. one of the cleanest drivers LFS has!
Many people should take an example of him
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Thanks to Richard.. one of the cleanest drivers LFS has!
Many people should take an example of him

You too old m8..

Thx for a great race Michel...like in the old days..

Was not so fast as i could be because i saved my tyres a little bit. Did a 35 laps race with my team before the race. Was leading when my 2 front tyres punctured one lap before the finish, so i knew i had to save them to get to the finish without a pitstop. Thought you Michel, should pit.. but you also had saved the tyres..
3#server, 16th position, then a huge crash, last position My car was a little damaged after the crash, but i held on without a pitstop till the end of the race ( 35 laps with XRT ). As the race progressed players disconnected, gave up, etc. and slowly i was climbing up the leaderboard, spent quite a lot of time around the 13th place, but after some really good figts and people dropping out i've found myself on the 10th place. The last few laps were full of pressure as the 11th was breathing on my neck
A *HUGE* thanks goes to n!Jay for his setup, without it .... i don't even want to think about what would've happened without his setup
Congrats to the winners, to the finishers, and thx for the great race !
Really enjoyed that race. Managed to get a pb in qualy and started in server 1 Started 29th, finished 24th. Had to pit for tyres as my set was rubbish (inferno), which cost me loads of time. Especially after spdo misan rammed me which meant I had to repair damage

Edit: looked at replay, was a racing incident...so no complaint from me
#7 - Tube
I don't know what happened there at the start, sorry. 1/10th of a second which cost 80 minutes of fun.
Quote from Tube :I don't know what happened there at the start, sorry. 1/10th of a second which cost 80 minutes of fun.

yea, I wanted to ask you what your intention was there, you just drove straight into the back of an fxo I think which made you spin and then your rear touched me and I spun out. no hard feelings though, but I didn't get the point of your move.

I would like to ask Esben Jahn why he turned into me on lap 20, at the 1st turn. you ruined my race mate.
I'd like to know whether my voting for disconnecting Dmwright(?) was OK with the authorities (server 2 race). I thought it was quite incosiderate for him to join after 18 laps right into traffic, but I can't be bothered to see what the rules have to say about this. Also, judging by the fact we needed less than 3 seconds to get the vote complete, I assume I wasn't the only one who thought it was needed.

And wasn't he giving problems right from the start? I think it was him doing a pitstop in the first lap or two and leaving pits right into the battle for first place. Then I saw someone unblock messages (presumably after a crash, I'm not sure) and then Mr. FEAR leaving the exact same moment. Something going on there?

As I stated earlier, I accept the fact that he may have not broken any rules, but if so, I think the rules should be changed (no rejoining after disconnection for example).
"If you disconnect or lose connection you are unable to rejoin the race"
Quote from csurdongulos :yea, I wanted to ask you what your intention was there, you just drove straight into the back of an fxo I think which made you spin and then your rear touched me and I spun out. no hard feelings though, but I didn't get the point of your move.

I would like to ask Esben Jahn why he turned into me on lap 20, at the 1st turn. you ruined my race mate.

My race started off really well, I got from 27th to 20th (I think) after 1 lap despite being pretty cautious. A couple of laps later, I had a pretty heavy side-to-side impact with Esben Jahn (slogan) through the uphill chicane in sector 1. The damage from this made my car understeer horribly in the right hand turns, and I went backwards pretty quickly after that losing all of the places which I'd picked up on the first lap. The car was especially bad in the slow hairpin, and I couldn't really do much to stop people passing me there.

A few laps later, arco tried to pass me into turn 1. He was on the outside, and I thought there wasn't any overlap, so I went from my defensive line back to the racing line and unfortunately hit him. I really wanted the racing line back because of my damage, I needed all the track I could get through the right handers. Soon after this he pitted, so I think I probably ruined his race :/. When I apologised to him after the race he took it really well, so thanks mate for being such a good sport.

After this I was really just getting frustrated by the difficulty in turning right. I fought pretty hard with everyone who was trying to pass me, but in the end it was pretty futile. My fastest lap in the race was a second off my qualifying time, which itself wasn't great, so that shows how much the damage hindered me in those corners.

Not a lot happened to me as the race went on, until about 5 laps from the end, Clownpaint pitted from what I could only assume was a flat tyre... I was using his race set (untested over the race distance) so this was obviously a little worrying . For the next couple of laps I really eased off, trying to avoid a flat tyre. When Misan also pitted a couple of laps later, using the same set, I knew that I had to be very careful for the remaining laps. I barely touched the brakes, just coasting around really in the 2:20s or so, using the gears to slow me down. Qstomeq was clearly having tyre issues in his RB4, and after I passed him on the last turn following a mistake, he didn't put me under any pressure for the last few laps, so I guess he had to nurse his car home too.

In the end, the contact which damaged my car early-on ultimately improved my race result significantly, as I couldn't push hard at all in the right handers, which I think saved me a flat tyre! So, contrary to csur's post above, I'll have to thank slogan for the contact (even though it was probably my fault) as it saved my race (despite it leading to me getting horribly slow laptimes) :P.
#13 - arco
Race pretty much ruined from the start when the guy who pushed the NOS button caused some chaos up front into the first corner. Dropped a lot of places as going, both from some incidents and some stupid mistakes by myself. @Josh, I got a nice trip into the wall lol, but somehow I got back pretty quick. Probably got some damage because soon after I went off track in the uphill, and into the grass. Trying to save my ass back on track I hit another car (really really sorry whoever it was) and did some piruettes while getting passed by everyone who was behind me. After that it was just cruising to the finish to save some points, with a short smoke/toilet break in between there.
i had one terrific race on server 1. Qualy was good for the last spot, nr 32 on the grid. Verrry motivating to NOT finish last lool

Managed to work my self up to the 13th spot, which was above all expectations. Racing was very clean, and great fun.

We want more !
Quote from csurdongulos :

Esben does not read or speak english well. I shall translate this for him, in our own forum, but I allready asked him, because they mentioned it, in the broadcasting.

He said, that you came in a steep angle to that corner, as I remember it, but maby tomorrow will cast ligth over the incident

EDIT :

BTW, I`m the teamleader of dba
@Josh
those stats seem to be wrong a little bit :S
Quote from alland44 :Esben does not read or speak english well. I shall translate this for him, in our own forum, but I allready asked him, because they mentioned it, in the broadcasting.

He said, that you came in a steep angle to that corner, as I remember it, but maby tomorrow will cast ligth over the incident

EDIT :

BTW, I`m the teamleader of dba

well it must have been steeper than his, as I was taking the shorter inside line, but i was fully beside him and that argument is no excuse for disregarding the presence of a car next to yourself.
Post removed as requested.

The issues were in the lag lap, and also in Qualifying I definately feel I was bullied. I'm not going to complain.
horrgakx this is not the place to post videos etc of race incidents, there are official procedures to follow please submit the incident to the BOTT Admins thanks.

And please remove Video as this should not be posted publically as it is not up for public debate let the Admins come to thier own conclusions without outside pressures.

All the best Celtic100.

PS see post 3 down
Well sorry for that, but it was only the lag lap :S I think the race is more important than that Watch the first few turns from the race replay , much bigger accident happened than in the lag lap , it should've happened the other way imho ( bigger carnage in the lag lap, small accident in the race )
You are complaining about a crash in the lag lap??

Crashing is kinda the point of a lag lap, no?
LOL and I thought that was the race, I thought a lag lap was to test the server and iron out any human errors for T1 which apparently ocurred here
Quote from csurdongulos :well it must have been steeper than his, as I was taking the shorter inside line, but i was fully beside him and that argument is no excuse for disregarding the presence of a car next to yourself.

Well !

Esben has spoken.

If you look at the incident, from helicopter view, Esben is 100% at the raceline. You are clearly at the rigth of this.

That`s what we mean about the steep angle, and the T1.

Esben, and the rest of dba think, that you are driving with great risk ! If Esben would deliberately hit you, this is not the place, with a car on the inside, in a corner

Therefore Esben will not appologize to you.

EDIT :

Esben says at the end of his message on our forum.

han skriver JEG køre ind i ham...hhmmmm ja det er jo nok lidt omvendt..... which means :

"He says that I hit him.... Hmmmmmm It is must be the opposite"

REEDIT :

A last comment for this incident. Esben Jahn, is known as one of the cleanest and most fair driving danes. I think the only competition he has, Is Richard, here in Denmark

So when you have read, the above, I can tell you, that Esben is allways sorry, when he`s involved in an incident. He`s no "iceman" and only wants to drive fast and fair
Quote from alland44 :Well !

Esben has spoken.

If you look at the incident, from helicopter view, Esben is 100% at the raceline. You are clearly at the rigth of this. yes, so what? what is your point with this?

That`s what we mean about the steep angle, and the T1. I see, but what is the matter with this?

Esben, and the rest of dba think, that you are driving with great risk ! If Esben would deliberately hit you, this is not the place, with a car on the inside, in a corner my apologies, but I don't get what you mean!

Therefore Esben will not appologize to you.I am not expecting an apology, I am expecting him to admit that it was his fault. if he doesn't, I hope the stewards will prove me right by their decision.

added comments in bold.

huh?!? how else does someone overtake the other racer if not by being on the inside? (of course from the outside, but the inside is the usual way to go)

It is clearly stated in the rules and it is a well known racing etiquette fact that if there is a car on your inside with significant overlap (I had more than enough to be called significant) you leave them room and not just turn into them without regard for their presence.

of course I drive by taking risks, I was taken out at the start innocently, I had to make my way back up to the field, you cannot make up positions by sticking back, can you?
But considering that move from me to be risky is not true. I wonder if something is lost in translation while you are trying to speak for him. I am reluctant to believe that I am blamed for that incident.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG