The online racing simulator
Server type filter
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Woz
Server type filter
With all the cruse and drift servers its about time we got an extra server filter for the server list that details the server type.

The filter could be set to All, Race, Drift or Other.

The server admin would set the type of server type and then you can usse this to filter etc
Possible different tags:

race
Obvious, for servers with racing being the thing
Drift
People going sideways
event
Just a special tag to search for event servers, no need to get the whole list and easier to join and find the event servers. Choosing this tag would override user prefined search options and show all server matching to this type
special
For special insim noobgage, like the city driving and deer hunting servers etc.
autocross
Servers where you need to wait to get a turn to do your lap, although not so sure about this one...
All
hmm...
#5 - Woz
Quote from Hyperactive :Possible different tags:

race
Obvious, for servers with racing being the thing
Drift
People going sideways
event
Just a special tag to search for event servers, no need to get the whole list and easier to join and find the event servers. Choosing this tag would override user prefined search options and show all server matching to this type
special
For special insim noobgage, like the city driving and deer hunting servers etc.
autocross
Servers where you need to wait to get a turn to do your lap, although not so sure about this one...
All
hmm...

Yep, makes sense. I forgot about autoX and Event is a good group for league servers etc.
Good idea, it would certainly save the "Oh cool, nice combo - BAH! Drift/cruise/CnR server" situation I find myself in occasionally

Server type filter
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG