The online racing simulator
In the beginning
(32 posts, started )
In the beginning
Hi guys,

This game looks really good.

I´m having trouble beginning multiplayer sessions because I usually don´t have enough money to start.

Is there any way to increase the starting money ?

How can I earn cash in this game ?

regards,

-TheNooB-
since when do you need money to start a multiplayer session?
When I enter onnline, I have to buy a car to join !

Right ?
#4 - Jakg
No - your running into software running on some "Cruise" servers - join another server and all will be different...
I think you are referring to the cruise servers, which make up a small minority of LFS players. To find out specifics of a specific cruise server you should probably contact the servers admin.

Of course if you join a non-cruise server you don't need to worry about things like that, you can just race whatever you like.
I´ll try that.

Ty.
See, cruise servers, always causing a problem.

It's understandable though, new racer buys S2, goes online and joins a popular looking server... meaning it's likely either drift, cruise or AS Nat. The joys.
Join a cruise server and ram "cops"

They throw "legal" terms they got off other "cops" where none of them actually know what they're talking about... (USE PUULL OVER SPEEDONK!)

Hit up servers not called "cruise" and you can drive what you wan't (unless its a specified race _
#9 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :See, cruise servers, always causing a problem.

It's understandable though, new racer buys S2, goes online and joins a popular looking server... meaning it's likely either drift, cruise or AS Nat. The joys.

There is need for association against drift, cruise an AS Nat., so therefore I declare Bob Smith to be chief of ADCASN, his humble duty will be protect new ones from terror of such servers and direct more racers to join AS North and LX servers, may the holy gasoline guide you on your path
Quote from JTbo :...I declare Bob Smith to be chief of ADCASN, ... may the holy gasoline guide you on your path

You've been watching too much Monty Python again
Yes, i know i go on cruise servers, but why does everyone get pissed off with them?

The owners of the servers should be able to do what they want with it, shouldnt they?
Quote from RacerAsh3 :...The owners of the servers should be able to do what they want with it, shouldnt they?

Yes, like taking their silly servers off the server browser so teh

REAL MEN

can browse decent race servers faster. Thank you for your cooperation.
Yea :S Alright, but still, they pay for a server, they should do what the feel like
Quote from spankmeyer :Yes, like taking their silly servers off the server browser so teh

REAL MEN

well said
They failed at bumping out drifters so now they turned on cruisers.

Oh well.
#16 - JTbo
Quote from spankmeyer :Yes, like taking their silly servers off the server browser so teh

REAL MEN

+1

Last night there was only cruise, city driving and drift server that had people, NONE I mean 0 was racing, if you exclude me. Maybe there would be possible to have server name ban for namelist, for example anything with city driving or cruise would be banned and if there is less than 2 race servers filled, then ban all drift servers from list too

I think that I have overestimated people in past :P
If you do that then you will all start complaining about the people who "cant drive" on the racing servers.
#18 - JTbo
Quote from spiderbait90 :If you do that then you will all start complaining about the people who "cant drive" on the racing servers.

They will learn to drive, also then there would be some even I could overtake
I dunno, i was once leader of one of these "Cruise Teams".

I left, because it was just getting to boring.

If you ever see me on the track, you are guarenteed to be able to pass me JTbo. I like to drive slowly, and carefully. I think i drove your volvo too much
#20 - JTbo
Quote from spiderbait90 :I dunno, i was once leader of one of these "Cruise Teams".

I left, because it was just getting to boring.

If you ever see me on the track, you are guarenteed to be able to pass me JTbo. I like to drive slowly, and carefully. I think i drove your volvo too much

Problem is I don't get much time to race nowdays, did little LX testing and have got now to low 2:17s at As North, but that is quite rare, still average laps high 2:18s or even mid 2:19s, would need lot more driving to be able to really pass someone :P
Quote from JTbo :Problem is I don't get much time to race nowdays, did little LX testing and have got now to low 2:17s at As North, but that is quite rare, still average laps high 2:18s or even mid 2:19s, would need lot more driving to be able to really pass someone :P

Check your PMs lord of Volvos.
#22 - Jakg
LOL

That's a seperate insim application, Mike. Take your trollig somewhere else, please. KTHXBAI
#23 - Gunn
Quote from Mike85 :You see in this example how LFS is not beginner friendly. He has to get money to race etc...

Lets admit LFS is pretty "nerd" friendly. Not novice friendly. The same is with car setups. How many people go ot Inferno setup field. If LFS wants to gain some new people it needs to be begginer friendly, so that anyone can race and have his car setup properly. I think LFS should include some good setups by default (not race_s but some better ones). That wouldnt be hard to do.

It isn't the fault of LFS that the guy happened to join some novelty server that has nothing to do with racing. Default setups would not have changed this situation either.

If somebody told me that LFS was a great racing simulator and my first online experience put me in a server where people are chatting and playing some role playing driving game, I'd be scratching my head too.
Quote from Mike85 :You see in this example how LFS is not beginner friendly. He has to get money to race etc...

OMG

Apparently, you have never driven online yourself.
All these 'cruise' servers use autocross layout thingies right?

So, if the master server could somehow detect the presence of a unique identifier-type object, it could allowing filtering for any server running a layout that includes that unique object (perhaps a speed sign for 'cruise' servers - who knows). Anyone could choose to either see or not see that type of server using the normal in game filters.

Add another unique layout object for, say, cruise servers and you can see how extensible this is.

I wouldn't imagine it would be a lot of work for Scawen to add the necessary code and for Eric and he to add the relevant objects - maybe that could really expand the autocross & layout side of LFS at the same time, adding a greater variety of objects useful to the various alternative uses of the core product - and any new genre of servers could be catered for by simply adding a new layout object or two.

LFS would, of course, have the default for all these genres to be 'off' in the browser list.

Andy

p.s. Hi everyone

In the beginning
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG