The online racing simulator
about teams and maybe an application
(54 posts, started )
Hey guys, im just wondering, what do youg ain from beeing in a team? did it change the whole game experience for you guys?

ive been driving for quite some time now, done alot of miles but never really been in a team that did anything, i got my g25 a week ago, having driven with keyboard most of my miles, however showing quite good pace already with it.

I always prefered the fox, and still do, but since i got the wheel i pretty much love doing anything,

im a real life racer, i did karts for a couple of years here in iceland, winning the championship last year and next year ill most likely be doing the formula bmw euroseries, the one driven alongside f1, and i use LFS a bit for training, because racing with real drivers, good clean ones, does compare alot to real life racing..

if you could answer my question, and have a team you think would suit me let me know

btw, im 18 (19 in january) and from iceland
Quote from kekkart :Hey guys, im just wondering, what do youg ain from beeing in a team? did it change the whole game experience for you guys?

ive been driving for quite some time now, done alot of miles but never really been in a team that did anything, i got my g25 a week ago, having driven with keyboard most of my miles, however showing quite good pace already with it.

I always prefered the fox, and still do, but since i got the wheel i pretty much love doing anything,

im a real life racer, i did karts for a couple of years here in iceland, winning the championship last year and next year ill most likely be doing the formula bmw euroseries, the one driven alongside f1, and i use LFS a bit for training, because racing with real drivers, good clean ones, does compare alot to real life racing..

As for which team is right for you, there are many teams out there! To many to start giving examples, some brand new and others here for years. You need to assess yourself and think where abouts your driving skills in LFS are, perhaps a middle the field team like Moo Racing or Parkfield Motorsport could be ideal for you.

if you could answer my question, and have a team you think would suit me let me know

btw, im 18 (19 in january) and from iceland

Hello!

Well where should someone start, I've been in a team since almost day one of LFS! I wouldn't want to be without one, mainly due to the community and friends from them.

I currently manage a fairly successful team (www.dynamic-racing.co.uk), it is much better being a driver or actually leading then solo driving. OK yes you can have some friends in LFS, but within a team you can meet every week, even every night in some active teams like DR (DR being Dynamic Racing).

Some people do prefer racing solo, but if you pick the right team, it will be just like racing solo but also with the benefit of having friends and being able to do team things. For example racing as a team like in BOTT (Battle of The Teams).

Hope that helps a little, oh and good luck with the real life racing
sounds like i need to find myself a team then ^^
join us at drsracing if u want heres website http://team-drs.weebly.com/index.html dont worry bout any stats or anything i wanna get a good race team going just post me ur user name ur race name and real name and yes or no
well, what should i be looking for in a team?
No one NEEDS to be in a team, but IMO team racing makes LFS even more fun and more importantly sociable than it is on your own.
It also gives the individual a sense of group identity, a chance to race with people he/she likes, it just add's to the whole LFS experiance.
Not only that, but you get the chance race in leagues that cater for teams, specifically BOTT and MOE.
What should you look for in a team?, hmm...I would personally say that it's good to know, or have raced with on a number of occasions, at least one of the current team members, other than that, current team identity, activity of the team, the current team members etc etc etc.

Hope that helps a little.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :No one NEEDS to be in a team, but IMO team racing makes LFS even more fun and more importantly sociable than it is on your own.
It also gives the individual a sense of group identity, a chance to race with people he/she likes, it just add's to the whole LFS experiance.
Not only that, but you get the chance race in leagues that cater for teams, specifically BOTT and MOE.
What should you look for in a team?, hmm...I would personally say that it's good to know, or have raced with on a number of occasions, at least one of the current team members, other than that, current team identity, activity of the team, the current team members etc etc etc.

Hope that helps a little.

Dan,

well, it seems to me that only very good racing teams seem to have a very solid core of people that race together, but i would think they wouldnt recruit a guy like me, since i dont have that many miles under my belt but im getting up to pace fast, after reading what you guys said im getting pretty excited to join a team, guess ill have a look around and see what i can find, if any1 else here has any more comments about this let me know, i would be looking for a well established team that has gone through the process of starting wich in most cases kills most groups no matter what their doing
Get your "face" out there, get some miles under your belt, be fast, join leagues, be a friendly guy, the offers will come flooding in
Quote from danowat :Get your "face" out there, get some miles under your belt, be fast, join leagues, be a friendly guy, the offers will come flooding in

face check, miles omw, fast almost there, leagues thats the hard part, cant find any im not going to get mutilated in, and then friendly im pretty sure thats check
ive seen your stats and im happy to have you at DRS just go on website that i posted above and leave the comment as your apllication and i will get back to you

regards
jack
Quote from jwardy :ive seen your stats and im happy to have you at DRS just go on website that i posted above and leave the comment as your apllication and i will get back to you

regards
jack

well i cant write anywhere in your website, what cars do you guys mainly drive?
Quote from kekkart :well i cant write anywhere in your website, what cars do you guys mainly drive?

you should be able to write in the comment box with ur e-mail and i recieve it but dont worry ill do it here , we drive all cars depending on the compteticion in the skins section there are only 2 cars i know thats cos i havent fineshed the skins yet but i would like us to have a competitive team and i would like you in there
ps this is my first team so be nice with me ive had people say there is no forum on the website i know that aswell just u dont need one cos i have everything here and all the important stuff is on the website ( note vids and screenshots arent important )
regards jack
and ^^you guys drive ^^ its only me at the moment
The one piece of advice that I would say is missing is that it is not only the team wanting you to represent them but should also be about you being in the team. What I mean by this is that it is good to join a team that you will get on well with as to me there isn't any point in joining a team if you like no one in it. So race around, talk to people in teams, find out when and which servers team race on and race them. If they have team speak join them on it etc. Get to know the team before you apply to join it.
I would add that it good to join team that aren't likely to split up. I first joined MG when it was starting and it was good and was where I got to know james (who posted above). I also go to know other people, some who don't play lfs who i still talk to on msn . I left though but when MG ended me and James set up DR, as we know each other from MG days we know DR wont be closing anytime soon

Good luck in your future LFS career and hope to see you on track.
ill try to speak with you on msn or something (kristjaneinar)

however im very open for invites if any1 else really wants me ^^
Quote from kekkart :ill try to speak with you on msn or something (kristjaneinar)

however im very open for invites if any1 else really wants me ^^

ok mine is jack.25000@hotmail.com btw if you accept you are free to race when you feel like im not gunna say you cant do anything you keep getting you PB up and you will be assigned number 02 so i will make the skin with that number on it . if u accept
Quote from danowat :No one NEEDS to be in a team, but IMO team racing makes LFS even more fun and more importantly sociable than it is on your own.

I usually manage to find people I know online, but I'm not and have never been in a team. I don't feel like I'm missing out on any social aspects of LFS, tbh.

Not being in a team means you've got no demands made of your time, no silly political squabbles to deal with, no team skin you're obliged to wear, no group you feel compelled to side with if there's a handbag duel going on, etc. Being single is good.
and sorry dident mention be fore just i saw it in last comment you dont have to wear the skin 24 7 only if were in a team race you will have to wear it im not gunna be strict
Quote from thisnameistaken :I usually manage to find people I know online, but I'm not and have never been in a team. I don't feel like I'm missing out on any social aspects of LFS, tbh.

Not being in a team means you've got no demands made of your time, no silly political squabbles to deal with, no team skin you're obliged to wear, no group you feel compelled to side with if there's a handbag duel going on, etc. Being single is good.

Each to his own mate, if you are happy as you are, why change .
I would never "demand" anyones time in "my" team, and I am far too old to worry about political squabbling.
Being in a team is good
#19 - Nobo
An d one thing i may add:
If you join a team people will first see the your team-tag, so whenever you drive on a public server you are representing yourself AND the team, this is the same for your team mates and their attitude towards other racers will come down to you. So choose your team wisely if you dont want your name being linked with bad reputation.

Plus being in a team should always be a "give and get" so i would think twice if a team wants me just to fill the squad and add another member.
In a team there is usually a lot of exchange of the following things. Skins, Setups, driving tips...each member usually has his strength and his bad parts. One is good in organizing a team for a team event the other one is just the damn good driver who can score in those team events. A good and reputated team always needs to have a good mix. Not just super fast drivers with no skills in skinning, web designing, organizing and setup making. A good team usually needs a solid core of drivers preferable real life friends so you know the team wont split up to fast.
Drivers in a team should basically have the same interest in certain cars, for example if all other drivers of the team just drive open wheel cars but you just like driving the RAC you may feel a bit like the 5th wheel on the car.

Lucky enough i found a team which fits those needs perfect and we have a man for every part. Some maybe a little bit slower in driving but bringing forward the team on another part. There are maybe sometimes things we disagree but thats usually solved pretty quick.
Quote from Nobo :An d one thing i may add:
If you join a team people will first see the your team-tag, so whenever you drive on a public server you are representing yourself AND the team, this is the same for your team mates and their attitude towards other racers will come down to you. So choose your team wisely if you dont want your name being linked with bad reputation.

Plus being in a team should always be a "give and get" so i would think twice if a team wants me just to fill the squad and add another member.
In a team there is usually a lot of exchange of the following things. Skins, Setups, driving tips...each member usually has his strength and his bad parts. One is good in organizing a team for a team event the other one is just the damn good driver who can score in those team events. A good and reutated team always needs to have a good mix. Not just super fast drivers with no skills in skinning, web designing, organizing and setup making. A good team usually needs a solid core of drivers preferable real life friends so you know the team wont split up to fast.
Drivers in a team should basically have the same interest in certain cars, for example if all other drivers of the team just drive open wheel cars but you just like driving the RAC you may feel a bit like the 5th wheel on the car.

Lucky enough i found a team which fits those needs perfect and we have a man for every part. Some maybe a little bit slower in driving but bringing forward the team on another part. There are maybe sometimes things we disagree but thats usually solved pretty quick.

well, i probobly wont be the fastest driver, but i know for sure i could help on setups and defenetly when S3 comes out, ill be quick since racing lines and stuff has been nailed into me from IRL practice
you are under my power..............
Just because YOU don't think team's are a good idea, it doesn't mean everyone else should think the same as you.
Quote from danowat :you are under my power..............
Just because YOU don't think team's are a good idea, it doesn't mean everyone else should think the same as you.

lol
Seems like you have a pretty level head, are a nice guy, and most importantly aren't some flaky forum n00b who's going to join and leave 20 teams before his first year in LFS is up.

Like everyone else has said, you just need to get out there and race a bunch with guys from established teams, make a good impression, and make friends. Take your time and find people you really like to race with--people who you get respect from and who you have respect for--and THEN (and only then) float the subject of recruitment. You're gonna do fine.

And if I can make one pointed suggestion... don't join up with fly-by-night forum teams. It's a bad experience for everyone and it sounds from your posts like you're above that.
Quote from thisnameistaken : I don't feel like I'm missing out on any social aspects of LFS, tbh. .......Being single is good.

I felt the same way for years and went out of my way to avoid the whole team thing.
I eventually got involved in a team for the GPC (NetKarPro) simply because i really needed help setting up the cars. We have our own forums and site but I've never talked to any of my teammates.

I really didn't want to join a team in LFS, i was quite happy being an unsociable git and just saying the odd "Hello" to the guys i raced against regularly.
Then ZWR (well, Dru really ) started pestering me. After a couple of months i couldn't take it any longer and i agreed to join them just to shut him up. That was the best thing i ever did.

Being in a team that uses voice comms is a whole new world to me, and has added so much pleasure to my overall LFS experience. It takes you out of that 'sitting in a room on your own,gaming' situation and has made my racing a social thing again. We have a good laugh, help each other out, its good motivation, and i believe it helps our members progress and improve quicker.
It's also great being part of a community made up of members from all over the world.

I couldn't imagine not being in a team again. Of course you have to find a group of people that you get on with, and i got lucky first time on that count.
There will always be the odd moment of stupid politics and that kind of thing, but the positives of being in a good team far outweigh the negatives. 6 months ago i would never have believed that.

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG