The online racing simulator
Engine sounds: master volume
(11 posts, started )
A master volume for each engine sound would be nice.

Because we may find a sound we like when we fiddle with the settings but sometimes it's too much on the clipping limit or too low.
And moving all of the sliders up or down destroys the balance, thus the sound, so I think we need a master volume for each sound.
+1

This was my idea, so all credit to me, kthxbai.
#3 - Renku

But LFS itself needs a master volume slider. LFS is the only thing that I need to adjust the sound level in the OS.
#4 - wark

Just use your dang fingers!
Hello

Here also a sound suggestion:

An option to control the volume of the car sounds. None players cars and player car separately.

I find it as a lfs rookie hard to know where the other cars are around me. In other sims like GPL and GTL the sounds of the none player cars are either loud enough in GPL or adjustable in GTL to locate the other cars.

That would be a really nice improvement.
Should be also more realistic if you ask a real driver.
+1 for more controls
Quote from daniel_stuehler :Should be also more realistic if you ask a real driver.

I'm pretty sure, and Tristan can confirm if this is not the case, that in real race car you don't hear other cars over your own screaming engine as well as in LFS.
since, this is question of sound volume control, i will add, a master Global sound slider, i mean GLOBAL to the game and software.

I know if i put all slider lower i get the same result, but if we gonna add more slider, i think a global one will be great.
Quote from frokki :I'm pretty sure, and Tristan can confirm if this is not the case, that in real race car you don't hear other cars over your own screaming engine as well as in LFS.

Depends on a class. I can hear other competitors. However, I don't have 300+hp engine roaming under the hood. You can hear other cars when you are driving low speeds (For example, 40kmph), but on a motorway (120kmph) you can only hear your engine and/or your tyres.

And there was a thread that suggested surround sound to LFS... Excuse me, but how on earth can someone pinpoint other cars by listening where is the sound coming from..? You can't, and thats why we have things called "mirrors" in cars... And thats why we don't need fancy 350^3.1 sur-sur-around sounds to LFS. Lets keep it simple.

Okay, that went pretty much off-topic, but it was somehow related to sounds, so forgive me.
#10 - wark
frokki, Gekkibi: shouldn't an in-car microphone (youtube) give us a good idea of what can be heard without a helmet + earplugs?
Quote from wark :frokki, Gekkibi: shouldn't an in-car microphone (youtube) give us a good idea of what can be heard without a helmet + earplugs?

In-car microphone (youtube)?

And a race without a helmet? It would be like fapping without a towel/paper... When it happens, it is all over.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG