The online racing simulator
[ S O L V E D ] InSim : first byte in packet does not match size
InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

could someone please explain what is going wrong?
#2 - nikka
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

could someone please explain what is going wrong?

Yes, your first byte in your packet doesn't match the packet size..

Could you show us your code please?
sorry, its for a private host, could you give me a clue to whats going on?
You've either not actually sent an InSim Init packet as your first packet, or you've sent the wrong size for that packet Or you're using an out of date library or example source code which uses an old version of the InSim protocol.
the only code that you need to send, is the packet build up, for the ISI packet. As that is the incorrect packet, I do beleive.

You cannot get any clues as to what NPC is going to offer from this.
Quote from Krammeh :the only code that you need to send, is the packet build up, for the ISI packet. As that is the incorrect packet, I do beleive.

If it were a problem with the ISI packet, then LFS would say "ISI packet was not the first packed recieved" instead.
Quote from Krammeh :
You cannot get any clues as to what NPC is going to offer from this.

Nope
Oh snap, wheels4hummer was banned
Isn't that a problem due to the new insim v4? Maybe this would help you.
I already figured it out, outdated insim :/
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Oh snap, wheels4hummer was banned

Yes, I have now learned to never state my opinion in a political thread, since it will result in a far-left moderator banning me. See you in another month though, because I will probably be banned for making this post.
#12 - Jakg
If your opinion is stated in an insulting, arrogant, childish and rude way then you need to find a way to better express yourself, not bitch about the politacal stance of the mod that banned you.
Quote from Jakg :If your opinion is stated in an insulting, arrogant, childish and rude way then you need to find a way to better express yourself, not bitch about the politacal stance of the mod that banned you.

I didn't insult anyone, though. The reason for the ban was stated as "Spam", but I didn't post any spam messages. Complaining about a complainer doesn't seem too mature either. Nice try though, Jakg.

You'd think they would ban people for making 10,000 posts instead... : ]
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG