The online racing simulator
#1 - nikka
Changing cars -> don't allow old cars
When an admin changes cars on a server, people should not be able to drive with the previous selected cars anymore.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it's quite annoying anyways...
Yeah it is pretty annoying, especially when people refuse to change their car.

Once they go into the garage (after the admin changed the allowed cars) and click on the 'Car' button, they will then not be allowed to use their old car, they must choose the old one. But getting to that point is tough for some people.

This makes for a good improvement suggestion I think, but how it would be done, I don't know.
Yeah, but you cant just kick people out of the race if server changes cars, personally I think a server should have to close before changing cars to be fair to the racers. I remember one time a server got very upset with me because they switched to F08's when the race was done and i was going along in the fox just trying to finish the race...
#4 - nism0
You can force a player to spectate, which means they have to change cars.
But if there are no admins, having them do that is kinda hard
#6 - tinyk
If the cars got changed then there's an Admin around unless they changed them and left. Just ask the drivers nicely to please change, most will do it if you're nice about it. If they give you a hard time just tell them you'll be their best friend forever and ever. lol k maybe not but it's worth a try.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :If they give you a hard time just tell them you'll be their best friend forever and ever.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Hmm well that doesn't work with you tiny!!!

~*~*~*~Tweak~*~*~*~
#8 - tinyk
Quote from Tweaker :Hmm well that doesn't work with you tiny!!!

~*~*~*~Tweak~*~*~*~

Changing cars sure it does... handing out pics. nope neva eva

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

nice try again
Awww come on, I will give you 5 lbs. of Lucky Charms marshmallows and 3 sticks of celery, AND be your best friend forever!

~*~*~*~Tweak~*~*~*~

lol!
Quote from nism0 :You can force a player to spectate, which means they have to change cars.

I tried that, but it doesnn't work...
Quote from nism0 :You can force a player to spectate, which means they have to change cars.

nikka is right this doesn't work either because it's basically the same as them pitting. Car still remains available to them. The only real way to 'force' a change atm is a kick from the server. You can force spectate them and close mid race join so they can't rejoin and let them know when they drive appropriate car/cars you'll open it again. Not a very friendly way to do things though so choose these options wisely.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
yeah, i totally agree with this suggestion, but there should be a message like that:
server changed cars. please change yours in the next 2 minutes or spectate.
Maybe something similar to the wrong way kick that we have, if a racer is on track with a car that's not available they get a warning message and after a few seconds they're kicked from the server.

Till something like this is implemented just vote-kick them, no harm done.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG