The online racing simulator
Another server crasher?
(57 posts, started )
Another server crasher?
Is there anyother server crasher about?

LTC servers have been crashing lots just latley.

It is not the server (box), CPU and RAM usage are nice and low. There's absolutly no error messages coming up on the server as they crash.

This has to be another crash problem, surly?
yeh...server 2 just crashed
all of them did, one by one.
#4 - Jakg
Any users connect or do anything before they crashed? If not, or if you have no proof then please do NOT post it here incase we start this whole "z0mg t3h server haxx0r!" witch hunt

*awaits "She's A Witch!" Monty Python Quote*
I dont have 100% proof, but.

How come they all crashed, in this order.

LTC1
LTC2
LTC3.

All within about 1minute of each other?

Its happened more than once today, and its happened in the exact same order.
#6 - Jakg
...perhaps it's the server, or something to do with the InSim application all 3 are running...?
I have another sever, running on it, without insim and it did not die.

There's no command, to juse... close the server.

Surly if it was an insim error, it would not happen all ALL THREE, after each other with a minutes gap between all.

If its insim, how come its never happened before?
there is a first for everything, you know
Quote from niall09 :there is a first for everything, you know

more like a 3rd.
in 24hrs.
i have notices simular things.... There is something happening but no proof. just some random server crashes at the moment. some with insim running. some without. appears suspicious but have no way to confirm just yet...
atleast its not just me being silly.

I have enabled player recording on my insim, so it logs who is in, and what time and such.

I will post any information on who joined what servers when, and who left, and such. prior to crash. If it happens again
a screenie from yesterday.
happend twice within 5 mins.
Attached images
emergency.png
didn't see the emergency message today though.

haha @ your server passsword entry :P
Quote from Krammeh :I dont have 100% proof, but.

How come they all crashed, in this order.

LTC1
LTC2
LTC3.

All within about 1minute of each other?

Its happened more than once today, and its happened in the exact same order.

There wasone on named DJR , he was in the 1st server with me
then it crashed i went to server 2 ,, Kinda quite ther , then he came 10 mins after The server crashd same with number 3

Edit : I dont blame anyone
I wont blame, or ban until I am certain who/what it is.

I have been looking through the extensive logs and I think I have came to a decision who/what it was.

But I am not going to say anything, especially on the public forums.

I will be looking further into the logs, and any future logs as of when the crash(es) occur.
Quote from Dennis93 :There wasone on named DJR , he was in the 1st server with me
then it crashed i went to server 2 ,, Kinda quite ther , then he came 10 mins after The server crashd same with number 3

Edit : I dont blame anyone

Cheeky bitch :P djr is me :P... and krammeh loves me .

<edit>Also please note the second time the server went down today i was in three when someone came in from either 1 or 2 and said the other servers had crashed... infact... i think me and krammeh were in 3 together when the other 2 servers died but i might be wrong ?</edit>
Could it also be un-related to the individual servers themselves? Maybe it has to do with the master server?
surly if it was the master server, it would have killed all servers? Not just a select few, and not all lf LTC's at once?
The TC and Redline Racing 2 servers were down last night, not sure if its linked. Seemed odd that 2 servers I was gonna go on were down
Yea, our TC servers are still currently down, again, the same as Krammeh, no obvious commands used, but we did get some insim errors in the debug file as the servers crashed.

Hopefully this is just a coincidence, and server crashers are not still about.

We will be sorting out our servers tomorrow, keeping a close eye on them.
I noticed CTRA bump and jump went down about the same time as our server (CLC) went down. I have a feeling something is going on with master server and insim, cause I noticed that LTC servers died at the same time and TC and god knows how many other inSim modded servers went as well. No proof though of what caused it. Just seems wierd how it all collapsed together.

It's mentioned here RedLine went down. ConeDodgers uses inSim, yes? Did they go offline briefly? I forgot to check.

What time you ask?
Approx Sunday, 19 August 2007 at 11:25am UTC/GMT
one of my servers went down to, only using LFS Lapper, just unexpected.. jsut lost connection went on server.. had LFS dedi crash saying debug neva happened before but happened twice to me, been alright now after all that.... but deffo weird
are any of the above servers, using the insim relay at all? have it connected?
I have been experiencing the LFS dedi hosts crashing, the application actually quits out completely. I have not yet run any kind of debug, tbh - i'm really busy atm and wish this was happening at another time!

Another server crasher?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG