The online racing simulator
No passengers allowed!!?
Hello all,

Everytime i go onto CTRA race1 and the BnJ, i get this message when i leave the pits "Passengers not allowed.........."

Why is this happening, i have no passengers, it is very annoying too.

Also, what is wrong with passengers? it will only slow you down
It is a faulty setup, probably an old one. It's a known bug. There's no other choice but to try a different setup
#3 - Jakg
Just to clarify - it's a bug with LFS not the CTRA

This was put in place because those people with passengers tend to use uber-bouncy sets and have no intention of racing, purely "messing around" and perhaps damaging someones race
ok, thanks. So i just try a different setup?
Yes. You'll need to pick a different setup. It tends to be older setups that are affected, so perhaps try newer ones until you don't get the message?
ok, thanks again, i will try this when i get home from work....

Thanks again
Question added to FAQ.
Can ye please allow passengers, most sets i have wont work and it gets very annoying.
I think that if you select the setup that's not working, and click 'New' from that (duplicating all the settings), the new one will work. That way, you won't lose your settings

I've been told that, I haven't actually confirmed it myself

Sam
nope, i tried that already, no sucess
Quote from Dark Elite :I think that if you select the setup that's not working, and click 'New' from that (duplicating all the settings), the new one will work. That way, you won't lose your settings

I've been told that, I haven't actually confirmed it myself

Sam

No that duplicates the fault as well. If you really want to use one set you need to create a new copy of an uninfected set and copy the settings across manually.
Not even that works for me. The only set I can use is the default one, not even Race_S. Every set I've tried, even a copy of the default one give me the error. This is for the XFG, the XRG is fine for some reason.

So sadly I can't use CTRA servers..
Sounds like most of your setups are very old then. Did you try making a new set from the default setup you know works?
Liek I said, a fresh patch X download and install, tried the default setup and it worked. Copied the default setup to another name, no changes, and I get the 'passengers' message....
Try this one to see if you can get going.
Attached files
XF GTI_DH_FE.set - 132 B - 226 views
Thanks, I'll try it on my gaming rig tonight. I tried on my laptop now, and the default set give the error like before, but a copy of the default worked, as did your DH FE set. Can't wait to try it out on my other computer!
same problem but.......
the posted setup workt!
thanks
When I got this message, I made a copy of the [hard track] setup as a base and it worked. I would imagine the other one that you can't edit would work as well.

I appreciate the desire to not have goofy setups on B and J, but the same apparently doesn't apply to Race1, etc. It bothers me more to have to make another set from scratch than it would to see someone taking the family out for a B and J run. Maybe that's just me.
To anyone still interested, I've just discovered the source of this bug (thanks to Woz). I've not read anyone posting this so I can only assume nobody knows:

The default Race_S setup that no doubt many of you have based your setups off includes a female passenger in the central rear passenger seat (which does not exist so does not affect the car, but InSim picks it up). This only affects the XF GTi.

To cure your woes, I've adapted my batch setup editor to cure the problem: LFS Setup Passenger Remover

#20 - CSU1
...This worked for me:

Add passenger
Remove passenger

Message stops...maybe Becks packets have passengers in em' and server needs knowing or sumptin> Reset^^
#21 - SamH
Nice one Bob! Thanks buddy!
How'd you figure that out? And why would Scawen code some secret woman in the back seat? Conspiracy?
Quote from atledreier :How'd you figure that out?

Woz tried to open the Race_S setup in VHPA and it crashed, emailed me the bug reported an the setup. I soon realised the problem when debugging. So there's no real bug to fix although perhaps more robust handling of setups could be useful. But then if I'd done it better in the first place, I'd never have discovered this.
Quote from Bob Smith :But then if I'd done it better in the first place, I'd never have discovered this.

Yea Bob, ya shoulda done it better!

P.S. Love ya work Bob.
good to know there is a fix, I was trying to get onto the CTRA Race 1 server for the first time last night, and was loosing my mind trying to find the "ghost" passenger.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG