The online racing simulator
Engine sound sharing in game
(17 posts, started )
Like passing setups for cars to cars ,it be cool the same sistem for the sound engine sharing in game
________
Ultimate Fighter
#2 - Woz
Quote from Inouva :Like passing setups for cars to cars ,it be cool the same sistem for the sound engine sharing in game

Pointless. I bet most run with normal default sound setups and those that tweak them do so for personal reasons. Sound is too subjective.
It's not like we can hear the other cars enough right now anyway...

It would also take up a lot of bandwidth, and then we'd have to start paying for sound file bandwidth downloads on our account!
Is the same system like the sending cars setups
________
VIANO
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It would also take up a lot of bandwidth, and then we'd have to start paying for sound file bandwidth downloads on our account!

Sending/receiving setups only eats the bandwidth of the sender/receiver, LFSworld has nothing to do with this - and the OP was suggesting a similar system.

I don't think it would be of much use though.
Sending sound file will take much longer time and much more bandwidth than sending setups which has almost no bad effects on the bandwidths
Quote from Batterypark :Sending/receiving setups only eats the bandwidth of the sender/receiver, LFSworld has nothing to do with this - and the OP was suggesting a similar system.

I don't think it would be of much use though.

Ah, yes good point. But is would still interfere with everything else going on I think. Maybe not... But the ENG files are large compared to anything we transfer now.
Not a bad idea, that would be practical...rather than downloading the sounds from the forum, I think
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Ah, yes good point. But is would still interfere with everything else going on I think. Maybe not... But the ENG files are large compared to anything we transfer now.

More like download skin in hi-res in game?
________
Yamaha mdr-1 specifications
If I found an engine sound so unbearable that I have to change it, I'd rather go searching in the forums than asking random people on a server... I also think it's unlikely such a feature gets implemented, but it wouldn't do any harm...
Sorry , i think is a good idea this , but i see is not at all

I see the greats idea all the pp in forun post and i feel so small whit my idea =(
________
FORD ZEPHYR HISTORY
No no, don't be sad. At least it's not something that's been mentioned 10x14^6 times before, so don't "feel small".

The suggestion is not a bad one, but rather I personally think it might be impractical. I would rather see it automatic, like skins, if it was feasible.
You can share. Just tell people which values you are using etc.

Unlesss your using custom .wav sounds.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :No no, don't be sad. At least it's not something that's been mentioned 10x14^6 times before, so don't "feel small".

The suggestion is not a bad one, but rather I personally think it might be impractical. I would rather see it automatic, like skins, if it was feasible.

Why would two exactly identical engines sound different?
Because you may have different settings (the SHIFT-A settings) on your FZ5 than someone else, or be using different samples for gear whine, or blow off, or combustion sample or whathave you.

edit: or are you alluding to the fact that the engines are "supposed to be the same", so they shouldn't be allowed to sound different? If that's what you meant then... I guess you're right.... Although some folks would like BOVs to be transferred at least, that's the only real circumstance I could think of TBH. Good point.
#16 - Woz
Its worth pointing out there is only one engine sound setup per car type so if someone sent you there sound setup it would change ALL cars of that type not just the person sending the file.

This is why I said it was pointless. Sound is just too subjective for most people. Imagine wreckers creating sound setups that sounded nasty then sending them around.

People that have posted on the forum have probably spent time playing and want to share. Its a good safeguard where auto sending is not.

Its just not the same thing as sending setups, hence why I said pointless.
:doh:

Read too much into it again :rolleyes:

I thought he meant transferring sound between players just like skins, so that would mean multiple stored sound files. But, I see now that he plainly didn't say that.

Although my version would be more useful...

Good thing I look like Tristan this month

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG