The online racing simulator
Removing people from starting lineup
Hello. I'm not sure if this is a bug or whatnot, but I'm sure many people have noticed it. When you're in a server and the race hasn't started yet, everybody has to press the "Join" button to join the race. However, it is possible for anybody to press the little "-" button beside someone's name and remove them from the race. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but it doesn't make sense for me to join a race then find that someone else has removed me so they can take my place. It also doesn't make sense that if a race fills up, I can remove a bunch of people from the race so that I can join. The "-" button should only be beside your own name (or an AI's name) so you can only remove yourself (or AIs) from the race, but not remove other players from the race. This happens a lot on the CTRA servers, every time they change tracks, and it's really not fair imo.
#2 - CSU1
how can you "-" people....you can't, you can just vote to kick/me thinks you got one of them super magic "-" buttons
Quote from CSU1 :how can you "-" people....you can't, you can just vote to kick/me thinks you got one of them super magic "-" buttons

And me thinks you shouldn't open your mouth when you have no idea what you're talking about.
#4 - CSU1
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :And me thinks you shouldn't open your mouth when you have no idea what you're talking about.

...so i misunderstood...geeeesh
This is really an improvement suggestion not a bug.
Anyway, I agree it should be removed. Altough it's sometimes usefull when people don't seem to realize they should press ready and you can remove them so the race can start.
Hmm I've noticed the race starts anyway after a while, even when not everybody is "ready". Anyway, I think only admins should have access to this feature.
#7 - amp88
I asked Scawen about this when I saw him racing online and he said it was desired behaviour. I dunno about it, I think having it as a server-side option would be a good idea.
I'm sure in a perfect world this would be a great option to have. But this is the real world, where idiots are aplenty, and I don't appreciate being removed from races by them.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hmm I've noticed the race starts anyway after a while, even when not everybody is "ready".

It doesn't AFAIK. You don't see the last person be ready, because the race starts, but everyone must be ready. That might be confusing you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG