The online racing simulator
I'm A Noob, I Need A Wheel And Shifter And Pedals - HELP!
Hi, i need some help on creating a home-made set because i have a very small budget... i could spend max upto £20...

So this is the best way that i could do it...

I've read all these tutorials about it but i'm not exactly a brilliant programmer and i have never worked with electricals. My dad said he could help me out on most stuff as in the building and the software but i need a noobie, step by step guide to creating all of these...

I really mean like, NOOBIE! i don't understand this...

i read what i should note down here on a forum somewhere on how i should lay this out.

1. I would like my pedals to be standing
2. I would really like it out of any stuff you could find around house but if you give me ideas i may e able to work things out.
3. I like the idea of using a joy stick... I was thinking of going to a car scrap yard and maybe picking up a few stuff while i'm there (e.g. Gear Stick) I was woundering if i should get anything else whle i'm there too like the pedals and stuff coz the stuff they use in the pedals may be useful.. Also maybe using the handbrake and wheel?
4. Should i even bother - will it be more worth it to save up for a real one?

Please answer all these questions and give me some help!
Some pictures may be useful too!

Thanks!
Mate sound's like a tough project,try moving this thread to the software sub-form,might get a better response there,also there might be simalar projects there.Best of luck anway
saw this on ebay £20 - get in quick!
Jakg has a wheel guide in his sig.
I got my driving force Pro from ebay for £21! If you are patient, they do come up.....
#6 - Jakg
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Logitech ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ew, just ew

For £20 i'd quite happily sell my Momo, shame it's got so many problems. Or my ACT Pedals *shrugs*

That wheel is a great starter wheel, but a M$ FFB wheel would be cheaper/better. That wheel would be ok for nicking the pedals off though, although £20 for pedals is a bit steep (although that IS how much a wheel costs to post - i sold my M$ wheel for £5, postage cost a bloody tenner )
th wingman's a good starter wheel. I have one. but the gas pedal is chipped and the force feebback motor blew one day. I now use it as a paper weight.
Thanks
Thanks for your help everyone, i'll try all what you said 1 by 1...
#9 - Spils
Get a second hand MS FF in as good a condition you can find..
I brought mine off a guy off here for £10 the wheel is in superb condition and im able to play LFS up to a very high standard..

No i dont have an H-shifter but u could make one of those with a cheap FF joystick off ebay, (i got an old ms FF for £2.95) making a shifter would be so much easier for you that way..

Link to some cheap MS FF wheels and joysticks
http://search.ebay.co.uk/searc ... ICROSOFT+SIDEWINDER+force
Yeah! Thanks
Thanks for the idea... I've already found a great wheel... the pedals aren't too good but the wheel is i think worth it for £30 in mint condition... My m8 fortunately had one and i could test out the quality. I can easily change the pedals so i can also have a clutch but this steering wheel dosn't even need pedals and the gas and brakes are buttons for your thumbs on the wheel.

A H-Shifter will be easy but all i need is the right software and how to actually make it work with LFS and i'm done.. The wheel includes a built on Shifter but it's not a H-Shifter so i guess i can just use the Attack 3 joystick as my h-shifter like i saw a vid on youtube of a guy using the attack 3 joystick as a h-shifter..

If anyone can tell me what's the best software and how to use it with LFS, that would be great!

Although it'll be writen down as i have to save for a little... =]

Oh yea, nearly forgot.... The link for my new wheel is -
http://www.spectravideo.com/?p ... ct_id=349&category_id=
#11 - Jakg
You paid £30 for that? :X
#12 - Mc21
get a M$ wheel. Period.
That is ways too much IMO I got my Momo Black (Brand New) for £40 last week, and God knows it's ways better than that thing
Lol
I havn't bought it yet... i need to save up but i don't know where i can get all these wheels from... I don't really want to get it from EBAY as i don't really like EBAY...

Please i need help here... i can spend upto £50 which i gota earn
#15 - Jakg
What's wrong with eBay?
Atm
at the moment i'mcurrently using my attack 3 joystick - which i got after the NTCC Racing

But anyway i really need help here... I don't know anything or which one to get... i need a shifter, pedals and wheel - maybe even clutch included but i have a price of £50!

PLEASE HELP!

Also, i just don't like EBAY!

I think buy it now's are alright, i just don't like auctions...
dude. you can buy a DFP for £60 new from most uk shops. you can't get much better for that price and a good percentage of drivers use this wheel.
click here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=505866#post505866 and look at Jakg's signiture. you'll find a good write up on wheels. you'll find it very helpful.
JackG
One thing... Jack Green has already spoken on this thread and all i need is a list of good steering wheels and their price - reccomended steering wheels to get...

Also i need what to do to get a joy-stick to be a H-Shifter

*REMEMBER - By budget is only £50! I may be able to go a little higher.
#19 - Jakg
Erm, i've already posted, and there a link in my signature to a wheel guide telling you all about wheels, although for £50 your best bet is a DFP
Check!
I wanna know if this is a decent wheel to get... Don't forget, i've got a nice joystick for a h-shifter but it has flap panels included...
#21 - Jakg
if what is? there is no link :P
Soz, it's the DFP but it's £89...
I was woundering... I can't find it anywhere else so i was woundering if any1 could tell me where a good place to get it from is...
#24 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :Here it is for £62.59.

I'm not going to answer the next question, simply because i already have in my wheel guide, if i can be bothered to right the bloody thing the least you can do is read it rather than just wanting everyone else to.

I have already read it, but i don't know many shop sites...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG