The online racing simulator
LFS Brands
(16 posts, started )
LFS Brands
Does anyone know what the various fictitious brands in LFS are supposed to make/do? Reason I ask is so that when I'm using LFS logos on a car with some real-world sponsors, I don't duplicate the sponsorship of that type of product - eg. having two wheel manufacturers advertising on the same car.

Is the following list correct as it stands and most of all can anyone help fill in the blanks?

T-Fone - mobile phones
Nexx - ???
Katt - exhausts
Volante - ???
Takai - helmets and racing apparel
DTuK - ???
RufTweeks - tuning and modifications???
Freno - brakes
HiBite - clutches, pads
Tico - ???
KNS - (Kyoto Suspension Systems) suspension
ATL - (Aero Tec Laboratories) racing fuel cells/tanks
Scavier Solutions - (Scawen/Victor/Eric) racecar engineering?
Injext - fuel
Redexx - oil
Cromo - tyres
Engexx = turbos
Evostar = tyres
Donbikes = ? (bikes?)
Gripmaxx = tyres
3DGE = cooling systems

Thanks in advance!
This is what I can add (it's not much but it's a start)
Quote :T-Fone - mobile phones
Nexx - ???
Katt - ???
Volante - ???
Takai - helmets and racing apparel
DTuK - ???
RufTweeks - tuning and modifications???
Freno - Brakes
HiBite - ??? clutches, lol?
Tico - ???
KNS - ???
ATL - racing fuel cells <--- isn't this a real company?
Scavier Solutions - Scawen Victor Eric Solutions - LFS if you will.
Injext - fuel
Redexx - oil
Cromo - tyres

Cheers Tristan.

I just realised the Cromo banners around Kyoto have "tyres" written under it in small letters. D'oh! :doh:
KATT=exhaust?
KATT indeed is a LFS exhaust brand, IIRC the LX's have KATT written on their mufflers.

ATL is a real brand http://www.atlinc.com/

Cromo is tyres, but on some skins it says Cromo Sim Gear (http://www.driversemporium.com/products/cromo/index.htm)

HiBiTE I'd imagine to be a friction related company, so clutches and brake stuff would be a logical choice.

The trackside ads will give away some of these, but for the most of them there's really nothing what would tell us what they are. But think if it this way, you don't know what they are but neither do the rest of us. And some of the brands might be sub-brands like Yokohama Advan...
Cromo is also on the steering wheels, don't forget
#7 - Gunn
KNS (image attached)

Engexx = turbos
Evostar = tyres
Donbikes = ? (bikes?)
Gripmaxx = ?
3DGE = cooling systems
Attached images
kns.jpg
#8 - bbman
Gripmaxx sounds like tires to me...
Quote from Huru-aito :ATL is a real brand http://www.atlinc.com/

Heh, neat - never realised it was a real company.
Quote from Huru-aito :But think if it this way, you don't know what they are but neither do the rest of us.

Oh, absolutely. Wasn't expecting an immediate definitive list, just to speculate what they're most likely or generally accepted to be. Although if a dev (I assume Eric creates the brands as part of the graphics/tecturing work) were to confirm or clarify any, then that would be a result. ;D
Quote from Gunn :Engexx = turbos Evostar = tyres Donbikes = ? (bikes?) Gripmaxx = ? 3DGE = cooling systems

Thanks, I'd forgotten about those as they're not present in some LFS decal packs I downloaded from here or MS (can't remember which). Thanks to everyone else for their contributions and ideas too.
I think Tico makes the Rallye tyres, and the hybrid tyres... Not quite sure though
#11 - aanz
there is also Castrol
#13 - joen
Quote from Scrabby :there is also Castrol

That's not a fictitious brand though.
I pretty sure everybody knows what business they're in
They're in the 'stealing money from citizens' business right? Oh, I meant Oil... silly me..
does anybody know what is the Michelin? lol
IIRC Volante makes the steering wheel for the fox. Cromo makes steering wheels for the road cars...

LFS Brands
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG