The online racing simulator
Connection to LFS World while racing in Single Player mode.
I know I've suggested this before, but I've never made a thread about it. I'd love to be able to connect to LFS world while practicing offline, I'd like to have my laps recorded, if not in the normal online PB chart, in a seperate offline chart, it wouldn't really matter to me. I'd also love to be able to see my PB change as you do when you race online; and of course it would be nice to see how close I'm getting to the World Record.

Now I know that I could create my own private server and practice alone on that, but then I am unable to save a .spr and export the .raf data into a replay analyzer.

Scawen has mentioned before that he doesn't like programs that connect to the internet more than they need to, and for the most part I agree. However, I think making the single player LFSW connection optional would be a find workaround for this.

I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to implement, but I think it'd be pretty handy.
Bit late seeing this thread, but I really do agree! I seem to be better offline aswell, haha
Another workaround could be saving the PB (and other) information in a file in the game's folder which updates dynamically when you're practicing. LFSW relevant info (like WR's) could be dynamically checked and updated whenever you join an online game.

I just want my offline pb's saved, I don't really care how, though.
#4 - ajp71
Erm are sure you can export .raf data from an .spr?
Quote from ajp71 :Erm are sure you can export .raf data from an .spr?

Yup, well, you have to open the .spr, watch it, hit escape, then hit "output lap data." This doesn't work with .mpr replays though.
Bump, yes please, uploading of ALL offline stats (mileage, car use, track use etc etc) and hotlaps in one fell swoop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG