The online racing simulator
LX4 Autocross sets
(31 posts, started )
LX4 Autocross sets
With the LX month competition almost upon us, how about a thread to gather autocross sets for this event.

To start things off, here is my autocross set, plus a more stable set for those less familiar with this surprisingly chuckable car:
Attached files
LX4_AutoX Fast.set - 132 B - 1662 views
Thx.
cheers
Cheers mate.
excelent
Thanks Bob. I'll give it a go later.
Bob for president !
Here is mine for the autox competition, it is very good overall for me.

Did a 1.51.85 with it on the layout which is setup on FirST server.
Attached files
LX4_AutoX compo set.set - 132 B - 1234 views
#9 - Jakg
Am i the only one that finds the front really light? i seem to be getting *no* feedback from the front?
i had to turn up the FF to like 150% to get better feedback
That's due to 3 degrees caster instead of the usual 6.

Personally I upped FFB from 60% to 80% and it seemed fine for me. So long as you can turn it up enough for your tastes I don't see the problem. Better to adjust FFB strength than go fiddling with caster, it's low on autocross sets for a good reason.
#12 - Jakg
i'm running 101% in the Profiler and 120% in game, i'd rather not shove it up and jump into a bigger car and break ma wheel. Thanks for the setup hint!
#13 - DeKo
yeah i know what you mean jakq, had to hike up the FFB to get any feel.

Edit: teaches me for not reading the rest of the thread.
I found myself spending too much time trying to control Bob's arse and losing time, but a couple of quick changes helped a lot so I thought I'd add them:

coast lock: 55%
preload: 40 (to keep that initial swipe from the back but the higher coast lock makes it easier to catch)
steering lock: max (this is autocross, after all)
Thanks lads. Saved.
lol, why could I see this thread being created?
Quote from Bob Smith :... Better to adjust FFB strength than go fiddling with caster, it's low on autocross sets for a good reason.

OK I give up: What's the reason?
More consistent camber throughout a wider range of turns, giving less variation in car balance between high and low speed corners, and making the car more predictable when countersteering (something you'll be doing a lot).
Anybody care to share there set for the auto X champ?

Currently 106th
Bob’s setups are fine.

I just made some aggressive adjustments on camber and tire pressures settings to take the maximum amount of grip in that small given time the auto X course last.

I am not setting a good time though, because my wheel is broken (dead brake pedal potentiometer) and I gave it a go with the mouse which is not the right controller especially for autoX courses…
Attached files
LX4_bob's autoX grp.set - 132 B - 1133 views
Thx, I have bob's currently but was after a layout specific set, i will give this a try but i guess its just down to needing plenty more practice

cya trackside!
anymore setups/setup tips? I'm only able to get 1:16 with my tweaked version of Bob's setup. I messed around with the LSD, suspension, and tire settings, but I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm not very good at setting up cars, though I did manage to shave 2 or 3 seconds off my time just by reducing fuel load down to 3% (it was at the default 50% or so I think). I just hope I remember to raise it back up before I race.
Wow Great Thanks Bob!
You are joking… right?
This has no suspension at all...

LX4 Autocross sets
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG