The online racing simulator
Button to mute players
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Chaos
Button to mute players
A button in the conn list, maybe next to the SS button, that would mute the player (i will not recieve msgs from him)...

In leagues, this would help the players not to get lost in chatter, because you could mute all players except the admin...
#2 - X-Ter
Nice one
#3 - bbman
Has already been suggested (by me) and got pretty good feedback... But with all that "I want my car in the game!" or "I want to race on my street in S2!", it sunk down and was no further regarded...
I'm with that one, especially when the S2 drift servers are down and I got to go to demo. All the *NOS LEVEL 9 ACTIVATED* and all that makes me laugh but all the while I get tired of seeing it. Especially when I drift, there is no NOS in the game kids...
Related to this I'd also like an addition to the message blocking function that would only block messages from people who are currently not racing. It happens sometimes that when people are spectating or otherwise out of the race they begin to talk about all kinds of things which can be distracting, and I wouldn't want to ignore the people still in the race since they dont usually say anything unless its important.
#6 - bbman
#7 - jtr99
Quote from Chaos :A button in the conn list, maybe next to the SS button, that would mute the player (i will not recieve msgs from him)...

In leagues, this would help the players not to get lost in chatter, because you could mute all players except the admin...

Good idea, but maybe take inspiration from mixing desks and have both "mute" and "solo" buttons. A solo button means you only hear that person -- would make the status of listening only to the admin a lot quicker to set up.
#8 - bbman
Don't you have enough time do mute all but the admin till you actually got to race?
#9 - richy
Quote from jtr99 :Good idea, but maybe take inspiration from mixing desks and have both "mute" and "solo" buttons. A solo button means you only hear that person -- would make the status of listening only to the admin a lot quicker to set up.

yes mute and solo, very good ideas. i would like to just hear text of my friend and not everyone else, as i dont want to read everything but i want to make sure i dont miss something like a friend saying Bye.

Button to mute players
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG