The online racing simulator
springs and shocks adjustable for each corner of car
your tire managment can be a big factor, and on some track 1 tire gets flogged more then the other, I would like to see being able to adjust each corner of the car indepently, exactly the same as the tire adjustment page, asymetric(meaning each wheel is independant), symetric
Hmm, would you really want asymetric suspension adjustment for tracks other than the oval anyway? I mean typically it's your outside tyres that heatup the most, so you'd want to optimise your car to be quicker on the majority of turns, i.e. you'd run stiffer springs on the tyres that were warmer, making them warmer still.

So I'm not sure how helpful this would be for tyre preservation. But I would still like to see it in LFS anyway, would make the oval a bit more interesting.
quite the contrary, it can help preserve plus even cancel oversteer, its in all the adjustable suspension why do you think they have it??????????
so cars can be tweaked to their most possible
peace out
yes i agree, independand suspension settings would help alot. sometimes (not all the time) shock and spring settings are different on each side. usually bound and rebound, but i'd like to see all settings independant.
thats what i've been sayin!
im still upset, the asymetrical camber and tire pressure was nice, but suspension is just as important!
Quote from seinfeld :quite the contrary, it can help preserve plus even cancel oversteer, its in all the adjustable suspension why do you think they have it??????????
so cars can be tweaked to their most possible
peace out

I'm not sure how an asymetric setup will 'cure' oversteer, but i can agree
that some tracks can be considered left or right handers, as in the majority
of the turns are in the same direction. The same argument was brought forth
in the driver position threads, using left or right-hand drive so the driver
is mostly on the inside when the car turns.

Then, obviously, there's the oval.

"its in all the adjustable suspension why do you think they have it??????????"

*shivers...
Is this your argument ?! lol come on man, surely you could have come up
with something less, eh, shallow. It's a valid suggestion, but these kind of

comments are not gonna help you get your point accross much..
Left/right dominance is an issue. Why not allow it? It's there for camber/tire pressures.
im only asking a question man, I mean not to be shallow,
#9 - Levi1
Quote from Fonnybone :I'm not sure how an asymetric setup will 'cure' oversteer

because the default setups have asymmetric weight distribution (driver is sitting on the left/right front), you compensate for that with adjusting individual corner suspension
search for corner balancing on google

(I may be wrong, but it seems quite logical)
i would love to have asymetric setups.
that can make much time on long course.
It's going to make setting up a car 4 times as hard, but it can make the cars faster over a lap...

If you can adjust a car specifically for a few key corners on the track while sacrificing a little speed in others by doing an assymetrical suspension setup, then there is nobody in the racing world that would stick with a symmetrical set.
Quote from seinfeld :im only asking a question man, I mean not to be shallow,

Perhaps my choice of words wasn't ideal there No harm meant.
Quote from TagForce :It's going to make setting up a car 4 times as hard, but it can make the cars faster over a lap...

Not really, if you don't want to get into the extra complications, just stick with a symetrical setup.

Quote from TagForce :If you can adjust a car specifically for a few key corners on the track while sacrificing a little speed in others by doing an assymetrical suspension setup, then there is nobody in the racing world that would stick with a symmetrical set.

I don't think any professional race series do? (not use symmetrical setups)
Quote from Bob Smith :I don't think any professional race series do?

In the nineties, I don't remember who, and frankly don't know what the different American racing series are named, maybe Zanardi, came over from Indy/CART and expressed to his team that they used asym sets on the road courses because their cars had the ability. Some F1 teams started using aysm at that time, not sure if they still are. (As I heard it from Bob Varsha and David Hobbs.)

In my sim quest I have used asym a lot. In GPx and GPL, almost always. It really helps in keeping the car balanced in places such at the chicken at As National or Masta Kink. It also makes the car unstable under braking and the offset has to be considered the entire drive. But it will shave time.
+1
lol Chicken!
he he he... I heard Gerhard Berger trying to say chicane in English and it came out chicken. The way he and his peers raced, I wouldn't be surprised to find out is was intentional.

Either way, I can't get it out of my head.
Quote :
I don't think any professional race series do? (not use symmetrical setups)

Actually, they all do... Even your road car uses an assymetrical setup. What you want to know is if they deviate from the standard setups... I know that at least the WTCC and V8 Supercars do, I also know that some guys in the Dutch TCC do. I know I would if it was allowed. And I know that all the european formula series allow it, and most top drivers do it.
Villeneuve in f1 use asymetrical setups since 96
What made you believe resurrecting that thread was a good idea? I mean... friggin half a year. Uhgg
Better than starting a new one on the same topic.
Quote from AndroidXP :What made you believe resurrecting that thread was a good idea? I mean... friggin half a year. Uhgg

didn't noticed that was that old ^^'

However the topic is actual like no more before, because we are near to the s2 final, and the absence of the possibility of making asimetrical setups is not good if you see other sims like gtr, gtl or rfactor.

However i dont understand why people dont want it:
if u want to use it, u can, if u dont want, simply dont use it.
It isnt an out out feature, people can or cant use it without being penalized in any form. It's like the setup: a personal feeling.
I agree, lets have the option available like they have for the tires so people can adjust each shock independently. I know there were at least a few instances where I would have loved to change just one shock or spring

springs and shocks adjustable for each corner of car
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG