The online racing simulator
Is S2 still worth buying?
(36 posts, started )
Hi all!

I've been playing LFS since S2 A i think, and now i'm planning to buy a license because i'm getting bored with racing the XRT on BL GP, with the noname crashers and with the noobz who can't even vote a kick or a res.

Is it still worth buying? Nowadays i end up with useless accounts, because if i don't buy a game when it's released, the community disappears in a year or two, and all i get is 4 people playing on 2 servers, and that's all.

Is the LFS community still growing as it did before? I don't want to have another nice (payed) acc. that worth nothing.
don't be afraid man, we are bigger every day

buy it, i garantie you will be addicted.
LFS will never dye until way after S3 IMO BUY IT!
This community is bigger then it ever was and still growing. You can see how many people are online here:
http://www.lfsworld.net

Also, if you are licenced it keeps track of your statistics.
heh.. the community is still growning and fast. Last year pre-s2 Q there were around 9000 members on this forum. Today there are now Members: 18,884 and this has increased by another 2000 since around Christmas. It definitely getting bigger. There are more people online than ever and there is some great fun to be had on the servers. True not all servers are full but there are a few good frequently visited servers but the LFS community.

The CTRA servers are good fun and you can have some action packed racing on there, the servers are not available at the moment due to the patch X and licence software update. They will be back though soon.

You can often find some noob here and there on some of the servers but generally they are very clean of any serious wrecking and noobish driving thanks to the wrecker barricade.

I would definitly recommend investing you hard earned cash into LFS S2, guarantee that you will have fun!

mad
Simple answer - YES! LFS is the best racing sim of all time, the best £24 you can spend.
The number of daily users online increased since S1 release by about 300% If people remember the first year of S1 and the max. users online. To nowadays numbers. Physics update next and S2 final, and then it goes on and on. The community is way more stable than any comparable in the web. Maybe WC3 and CS are on the same level, in terms of continuus players.
Buy it, i played demo for over a year. When i bought it, played 8 hours the first day. Never gone through a day without playing it.
And we'll probably get an insane influx of new players once S2 final is released -- whenever that will be.
Hehe, when you asking on the official LFS forum, if it`s worth to buy it, well then you allready know what kind of answer you will get
Well, as people say, it grows.
More and more people are joining this game, sure there are people who leaves it, but currently it gaining more people than it lose, I can`t think of many games that goes like this nowdays
Demo vs. full version is like frozen pizza vs. a proper home cooked meal - go for it
I has played LFS since march 2003 (demo) and license since june 2003 and I`m still here and a lot of mates from that time too..

LFS is a long lasting product.. If i`m not dead in a 4 years time..i`ll still play LFS..
Yes it is you get events clean racing and more.
Quote from r4ptor :Demo vs. full version is like frozen pizza vs. a proper home cooked meal - go for it

Agreed, frozen pizzas rock (once cooked).

Oh hang on....
No, S2 is NOT worth buying. I certainly haven't enjoyed the heck out of LFS the past almost 5 year, I certainly don't like the close and clean racing S2 has to offer. I most definitely don't like all the extra cars and tracks S2 has to offer, and I certainly don't wish I'd discovered LFS sooner..

All of the above was sarcasm, by the way. By S2, you won't regret it, it's great.
Quote from r4ptor :Demo vs. full version is like frozen pizza vs. a proper home cooked meal - go for it

Frozen Pizzas > all! So your similie is flawed, becuase I prefer frozen pizza to any food, but S2 is waaay better than Demo.
I seriously thought it was worth buying untill I realised how most of the people act on S2. %80 are in diffrent countries and don't even speak english and the one's that do are either cocky little 12 year olds or they can't even speak english!
#18 - Jakg
80% are in different countries? Why does that matter.

97% of Racers speak English, and i'm not sure what server your on to find "Cocky 12 Year Olds"
I dunno, this guy really seems like he's flame baiting, going around going "I HATE LFS!!" and stuff...
im 12 and im not cocky
Hell yeah! Best money I ever spent!

(exept for the investments in my love handles):homersimp
hmm, gruntofaction regrets buying S2 huh? B.S
Well, if we going to flame eachother -
To be serious there are like 50% of LFS comunity that takes racing too serious.
Disobey one blue flag, and I bet that you get the fastest ban out there.. not to mention of you taking a stupid out-dated M.I.L.F joke to the admins (Don`t ask...).

But back to point, tho some people seems to take things too serious, there still are like... 99.8% nice people around there on the servers

Well, back topic, you will not regret it!
S2 is honestly in my top 5 things bought...Ever!

Yesterday, I was getting help from a fellow racer on how to become even quicker. Yesterday I also had the most fun in LFS, both when I was learning new stuff from the guy in question, but I had a really great time having a fun night with my team mates.

The community is always willing to help, the close racing is second to none, the amount of noobs are minimal, the extra cars/tracks kicks me arse than Mr. T, everything about it is great, I was actually watching some replays of me during demo times and I thought to myself, there and then, I am sooo glad I bought S2.

S2 is so good, people are even buying it for other people!

Do it, you wont regret it!
Thanks for the answers guys!

I think now i will HAVE TO buy S2... now i only have to figure out how 'cause no credit card is present around here ^^ anyway, see you soon on the track

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG