The online racing simulator
TEST Patch X2 (compatible with X)
WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

Hello Racers.

Here is a new compatible test patch X2. Please read the list of changes below.

The patch is fully compatible with version X.
There was a small bug in version X with bad consequences - a guest could cause a host to crash by mistake or on purpose.
The fix is on the host side so I recommend hosts should upgrade to version X2 so the host cannot be crashed by guests.

I took the opportunity to do some InSim updates as well and included any updated translations.

Changes in TEST PATCH X2 :

Updates :

Various translation files have been updated

InSim :

Driver model byte added to IS_NPL packet
Minimum MCI / NLP time interval reduced to 50 ms
New packet IS_AXO sent when an autocross object is hit
New packets IS_AXI and IS_AXC report layout information
FIX : Dedicated host could not fill in split nodes info
FIX : Dedicated host did not report race positions

Multiplayer :

Added handicaps / start position / user name to MPR header
FIX : It was possible for any guest to cause a host to crash

DOWNLOAD :

PATCH (Version X must already be installed) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_TEST_X2.exe

ZIP VERSION (If you prefer a zip file) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_TEST_X2.zip

DEDICATED HOST (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_X2.zip
woooooooooooow
that was fast
testing ...
Quote from duke_toaster :You mean patch X?

Oh yes, I had to forget something!

For once, I did update the master server so unlocking with X2 is possible!
Quote from Scawen :Multiplayer :
Added handicaps / start position / user name to MPR header
FIX : It was possible for any guest to cause a host to crash

Argh!
Looks like it's too late for this bug to be fixed, isn't it ?
yay, awsome work.

Since this is a test patch, but it is compatible with X, should I be downloading this version to my test patch version of LFS, or just my regular one?
scawen, is the mpr header changer affecting the structure of the header heavily? So a Parser e.g. would get problems now (again)? Or is it done this way, that this is additional information?
Yeah, would it be possible to see where the new bytes are in the MPR header?
Quote from Lotesdelere :Argh!
Looks like it's too late for this bug to be fixed, isn't it ?

Hm yes that's still on my bug sheet. I don't yet know if it's possible to do in a compatible patch because I didn't have time to look at it before the deadline I set for this patch. Let's see what happens with X2 before I try to predict when X3 might be.
Quote from Matt0snap :yay, awsome work.

Since this is a test patch, but it is compatible with X, should I be downloading this version to my test patch version of LFS, or just my regular one?

Definitely just use it in your normal folder, don't waste your hard drive space. Just keep a copy of the X LFS.exe in case you need to roll back for some unknown reason.
Quote from Vykos69 :scawen, is the mpr header changer affecting the structure of the header heavily? So a Parser e.g. would get problems now (again)? Or is it done this way, that this is additional information?

There was enough spare space in the results, or I would not have updated it. This patch is fully compatible.

Quote from DarkTimes :Yeah, would it be possible to see where the new bytes are in the MPR header?

Yes, see attachment.
Attached files
MPR.txt - 3.5 KB - 677 views
great! and its compatable with X. great!
Am going download it and test it.
Quote from Scawen :
There was a small bug in version X with bad consequences - a guest could cause a host to crash by mistake or on purpose.

*cough* imthebestracerthereis *cough*

X2? No no no, Xmen 3 is the latest one. Come on Scawen get it right!

(Nice to see it's compatible with X though.)
lol cobra
Patch X3 needs to be called patch XXX.
Well I hope S3 is going to come out. Or better still Patch Y! I'm gonna try this out. That's quick by the way.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Well I hope S3 is going to come out. Or better still Patch Y! I'm gonna try this out. That's quick by the way.

S3 is still a year or 3 away. If you didnt notice, S2 is still in 0.5x ALPHA. After patch Z, It could go to 0.6A Alpha, or maybe it will go Beta.
Wheel4Hummer: Patch XXX would be patch 30....

Roman Numerals MotherF***er can you read em!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :X2? No no no, Xmen 3 is the latest one. Come on Scawen get it right!

(Nice to see it's compatible with X though.)

You must have been waiting a long time for X to come out and the first testpatch to make that joke.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, see attachment.

I'm trying to update my mpr parser for the new mpr header format at the moment. I have a 0.5X replay where the start time (UTC) bytes represent 24279366 seconds (0x01727946), which can't be right Is it possible this is a bug or is my maths going downhill?

Uploaded replay here.

EDIT: NO BUG http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=465185#post465185
Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm unclear on this. I run the Team Eire public server on my machine, should I update to X2?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm unclear on this. I run the Team Eire public server on my machine, should I update to X2?

Quote from Scawen :The fix is on the host side so I recommend hosts should upgrade to version X2 so the host cannot be crashed by guests.

Do you think?
Quote from traxxion :I'm trying to update my mpr parser for the new mpr header format at the moment. I have a 0.5X replay where the start time (UTC) bytes represent 24279366 seconds (0x01727946), which can't be right Is it possible this is a bug or is my maths going downhill?

Uploaded replay here.

You're reading it wrong.

In the file it is 01 72 79 46, but in the MPR.txt it reads that the 4 byte integer is saved with the lowest byte first. So you actually have to read it as 46 79 72 01, which is 1182364161 seconds, which translates to "20.06.2007, 18:29:21"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG