The online racing simulator
Guy Smith on LFS
(49 posts, started )
Guy Smith on LFS
Hi

just finished a 2 day event at Elvington near York and managed to get Guy Smith (2003 Le-mans winner for Bentley) to try LFS

Story at http://www.conedodgers.co.uk/conedodgers/elvington.html

I would very much like to thank the dev's for giving me permission to use LFS at such events.
Nice!
Everyone - bow down to Birder's greatness!

I didn't know you did all that stuff mate. Brilliant! You are an inspiration.
awesome, what a compliment to the devs, the best sim a race car driver has driven
Thumbs Up! Awesome event and write-up!
#6 - SamH
Excellent coverage, and a really good write-up! Nice one!

I didn't know Guy Smith was a Yorkshireman. Shoulda known, really! Tsk!
Nice one Birder
nice write up Birder, Hope u had a great time also
Quote :He (Guy Smith) asked where he could get a copy of LFS, as he thought it was best simulation he had tried, I explained a bit about ConeDodgers and we had a bit of a laugh when I said he was not fast enough to join the CD race team.

Muhaha

Nice report, looks like it was a lot of fun

A shame about the sticker on the Aston Martin though :irked:
Quote from franky500 :nice write up Birder, Hope u had a great time also

It was a rest being away from the servers you supply Fanky500....

It was strange watching other people race, some were so crap it was unreal, we had a man and wife come for a try.

He went on first and did a 1:37 but after 10 minutes he did a 1:15, and got off telling his wife how good he was and how she should drive when it was her turn.

When it was her turn i helped he get strapped in, helping putting the crutch straps on was great fun.

The man then went on to tell her which line to take but seemed to lose his voice. She went on to do 1:12 on her second lap, now that shut him up.... well all he said was "We have got to go now, dear...." but she was having none of it.

She made us all laugh saying the Frex unit was the most expensive vibrator she had been on and how she hoped her husband to buy her one.

I noticed he didnt even manage a smile on his bright red face.
Quote from birder :It was a rest being away from the servers you supply Fanky500....

It was strange watching other people race, some were so crap it was unreal, we had a man and wife come for a try.

He went on first and did a 1:37 but after 10 minutes he did a 1:15, and got off telling his wife how good he was and how she should drive when it was her turn.

When it was her turn i helped he get strapped in, helping putting the crutch straps on was great fun.

The man then went on to tell her which line to take but seemed to lose his voice. She went on to do 1:12 on her second lap, now that shut him up.... well all he said was "We have got to go now, dear...." but she was having none of it.

She made us all laugh saying the Frex unit was the most expensive vibrator she had been on and how she hoped her husband to buy her one.

I noticed he didnt even manage a smile on his bright red face.

Hehe, he got pwnd! Nice story.

Good write up!
omg don't tell people my wife is quicker!!

oh dear me heh
That's nothing - at a sprint once in my 180bhp 900Kg Mk 2 golf I got beat by a woman in a Ford Anglia! Admittedly it was in Sports Libra class so wasn't really an Anglia at all but I thought it was pretty funny.
Really nice..
#15 - Damo
Excellent work
Awesome Birder! I didn't know you were a trackday'er either =) I will have to remember that for when I go

I am glad he enjoyed it and I hope he seriously considers hopping online every once in a while =)
I wish you could have had longer chat with him about LFS Not sure how valuable "best sim" comment is... in the end if you give nearly any racing game for a real life race driver who has never played racing games, he will probably say on every game that it's the best one he has ever played.

Is that FREX setup yours? *jealous*
A pretty nice coverage. I don't think he would tell you "It's not realistic at all, it's total disaster." about any sim.
Great! :up:
Quote from deggis :I wish you could have had longer chat with him about LFS Not sure how valuable "best sim" comment is... in the end if you give nearly any racing game for a real life race driver who has never played racing games, he will probably say on every game that it's the best one he has ever played.

Is that FREX setup yours? *jealous*

Guy told me he often goes to events where he has to take on a member of the public on a sim, normally he does not like to do it as the sims are more of an arcade game. I am sure he meant it but doubt he even remembers the name of the game.

And yes the Frex setup is mine
#21 - FL!P
Well done, birder!

Very nice setup, too! What's that steering wheel on the Frex?
Quote from FL!P :Well done, birder!

Very nice setup, too! What's that steering wheel on the Frex?

Its a Frex DFP conversion with a Momo 12c wheel

http://www.frex.com/gp/
Here is a picture of both setup we used

And before you ask none of these are me, i took all the photos......
that looks like a good thing to do , if theres another one on id convicde a about of guys i know to head alon and show you guys how the paddys drives our wagons

Guy Smith on LFS
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG