The online racing simulator
LFS with voice capabilities? Victor please read.
What do you think about the idea of LFS using the ability to use voice in the game, makes it easier to communicate to other drivers when racing? also the ability to create a group of which a password is required to join, (only members which are in your group are able to hear the voice comments) this is ideal for team races.
Check the improvements section. Has been suggested many times.
Why double up? There is already several third party apps that allow you to do this and the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of 15 year olds carrying on
Yup, most people seem happy with progs like Teamspeak and Ventrilo (spelling?)
Personally, I don't know how anyone can race whilst people are chatting away and laughing etc. It throws me right off... it seems to only incur silly driving.

Besides, do you *really* want built in voice comms to take up endless hours of Scawen's dev time? Just use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/Skype/RW
Quote from Burnzoire :Personally, I don't know how anyone can race whilst people are chatting away and laughing etc. It throws me right off... it seems to only incur silly driving.

When I was in a team we used Teamspeak and had different channels for chat and racing. It was strictly forbiden to chat in the racing channels, for that very reason
#7 - richo
Play CS or any TFC to just how ucking annoying ingame Voice is, fmd i hit that mute button the second i hit the server....

I,m sure it was very funny the first 1000 times to hear the Postman Pat Theme played over and over..
Only reason for me to want a ingame voice option, is if the communication was recorded and saved along with the replay.
Quote from Hankstar :Yup, most people seem happy with progs like Teamspeak and Ventrilo (spelling?)

But you need a server setup to use TS or Ventrillo?
Yeah, I think TS does but I don't know about Ventrillo. Hell, just use Skype
Skype takes a lot of bandwidth, may lead to lag's. So TS or Ventrilo is the better alternative
15 year old squeakers spiking your ears like on XBox live? No thanks... It wouldn't be a worthwhile addition to the devs bandwidth expenses.
#13 - Tomi
Quote from danowat :But you need a server setup to use TS or Ventrillo?

Yes but there are lot of free ones.
I hope no-one minds if I close the thread.

Only because it's in the wrong section and suggested many times before.

Thanks!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG