The online racing simulator
6 Km Straight Oval Track
(45 posts, started )
6 Km Straight Oval Track
I Think LFS should Have just like a Top Speed test-Track... theser ones with two 6+ Km straight and 2 turns... i Really Think it would be enjoyable with BF1 and the fastest cars... and we could discover UF1's Top Speed

Since we have Drag Tracks, I Guess it would be more enjoyable then The skidpad for example...
-1, sounds like a really dull, unchallenging track to me...
Damn it, you just made me lost count how many times this has been suggested already.
Quote from al heeley :-1, sounds like a really dull, unchallenging track to me...

La Sarthe Track (24h of le mans ) has a 6 km Straight and is far away of being a unchallenging track...

for me only the straight matters... i'm not worried if there are gonna be 180º consecutive turns after the straight... i just like top speeding and there's no track at LFS that we could use for it...
Quote from Dudles :... and we could discover UF1's Top Speed

You can discover that without even leaving the Pitlane, in fact it has exactly the same top speed as Henry the Eighth.
Quote from Dudles :La Sarthe Track (24h of le mans ) has a 6 km Straight and is far away of being a unchallenging track...

Certainly true, but Le mans Sarth is not 2 x 6km straights and a turn at each end.
+1 for some smaller ovals (+1 more for a tight dirt track banked oval)
Quote from al heeley :Certainly true, but Le mans Sarth is not 2 x 6km straights and a turn at each end.
+1 for some smaller ovals (+1 more for a tight dirt track banked oval)

as i said before, my interest is one long straight... but you need a way to get back to the start line right ? so, you make another straight bach to the begining... but as i said, could be something like La Sarthe... but could make a "mountain drift-like" track to get back... and it could be a lot interesting because you would make drifters and "top-speeders" satisfied with only one track, and not necessarily drifters making top speeders mad and vice-versa ( like drifters messing with racers' race in normal servers )

I'm sorry if my message is confusing, but I'm brazilian, and my english is a bit bad.
La Sarthe doesn't have a 6km straight; it has three straights and two large chicanes in a 6km segment.

In either case, the long straight was boring in all games. I can honestly not see the interest there.
Quote from MAGGOT :La Sarthe doesn't have a 6km straight; it has three straights and two large chicanes in a 6km segment.

In either case, the long straight was boring in all games. I can honestly not see the interest there.

The Chicanes were inserted just because in LM 24h race it was becoming a dangerous track. It's chicaned just like BL GP's first chicane... the straight is blocked with tire barriers... not difficult to un-chicane it... play Gran Turismo 4 for a little while and you'll see that the un-chicaned version is still there...
sure it would be boring to race on, but i'd like to have something like this just to satisfy my curiosity. might also be useful for certain kinds of testing.
#12 - robt
Quote :6 Km Straight Oval Track

personally ive never seen a straight circle.
We should have a track that has one neverending straight .
A set of rollers in the garage, that would do it, a cold beer and a magazine to read while you sit there with your foot to the floor.
Quote from robt :personally ive never seen a straight circle.

Sorry, I ment an Oval track with a 6 km Straight... I'm Brazilian, I'm not supposed to know the exact way to say this, as Americans are not supposed to know that Buenos Aires is in Argentina, not in Brazil ( And we usually don't like Argentinos, but that's not the point ), even if their "error" is worse then mine... But i'm sure you said this joking.

see my point ?

Quote from IceMan31x :we need smaller ovals -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVR3uKCsWyc

we need all kind of ovals in my opinion. short tracks, speedways and superspeedways AND a proper car, proper tire wear and better aero physics but yep... why not starting with a short-track on mud... however i like tarmac and concrete more: BRISTOL FOR THE WIN!
I'd like to have some very long (2 km minimum), very flat and, obviously, very straight straight in LFS. Perhaps, to satisfy all those "boring!" people, with alternative configs with some chicanes & stuff.

Currently there's always some bends or bumps on the way, or just too short.

Though, I'm not interested in ovals at all...
Meh. I remember the huge test oval in GT3 - races at that track were just painful. Plus once I'd cracked 480kph+ in the Suzuki Escudo it lost its appeal pretty quick

Maybe we could have an oval with a corner you actually have to slow down for - that would be a novelty ...
Quote from Hankstar :Meh. I remember the huge test oval in GT3 - races at that track were just painful. Plus once I'd cracked 480kph+ in the Suzuki Escudo it lost its appeal pretty quick

Maybe we could have an oval with a corner you actually have to slow down for - that would be a novelty ...

If i remember well it could go a lot faster than that!
Something like 700 or 800 km/h
Ehra Lessien is cool for me...
Quote from Ehra Lessien- Wikipedia :The facility features 60 miles/ 96 kilometers of private tarmac which includes a large variety of road surfaces and curves, such known as test tracks to test vehicles. More significantly, there is an unbroken straight of 9 km in length, on which the top speed of several of the cars developed may be determined. Though this portion of the track is absolutely flat and leveled, when standing on one side of the straight, the other end cannot be seen due to the curvature of the Earth.

Quote from Maelstrom :If i remember well it could go a lot faster than that!
Something like 700 or 800 km/h

Like I said, it got dull after 480+ (and 99% completion - screw the Complex String RUF time trial!). That was stretching realism & credibility quite enough for me
personally, i think that it would be nice to have a 6-8 mile straight followed by something very challenging.
of course there would have to be a decreasing radius turn at the end.
the kind where you can start it at 200mph and be ok, but you have to slow to like 50 before the end of the turn.

i think its a good idea
Herman Tilke in the house
#24 - JJ72
I cant think of anything more dull to race than a car manufacturers track. I'd rather play a labotamy simulator than most of the tracks mentioned here.

I do think the oval fans in LFS are somewhat deprived of a good oval where you have to brake, but these big ovals designed to test particular aspects of road cars ... they are not the solution. We already have an oval that you can just leave the throttle planted to the floor, we dont need another one.

Now Daytona, which has an infield, or Birmingham which has tighter banked corners ... they would make good additions. The Daytona track with the infield is pretty good in GTR2 actually, well worth having in LFS.

... but big flat ovals where the only challenge is staying awake? Try out: Tic-Tac-Toe Professional Extreme Slap Down 2007 X-Games Limited Edition. It's the game for you....

6 Km Straight Oval Track
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG