The online racing simulator
New InSim Application: LFS TeamSpeak
I have made a new InSim application that interfaces with LFS and TeamSpeak. At the moment, the application:
  • Places the name of anyone who is talking in the same TeamSpeak channel as you onto the LFS screen.
  • Tells you when people enter and leave your TeamSpeak channel.
Requirements:
  • LFS W20 or later (X works)
  • .NET 2.0
A zip archive and screenshot of it in action is attached to this post. Unzip the archive to any folder and follow these steps to use it:
  1. Start TeamSpeak and connect to a channel.
  2. Start LFS
  3. Type /insim 29999 into LFS (put the line "/insim 29999" into your data/scripts/autoexec.lfs file to make this automatic).
  4. Start the LFS TeamSpeak application.
You will need to edit the file config.xml if your address or InSim port differs from 127.0.0.1:29999.

Feel free to experiment with the other values in the file. They allow you to control how the application draws information onto your screen.

Other Stuff:

This is a kind of pre-release. I'm hoping to iron out all of the bugs and lock down the functionality of the application before writing detailed documentation on its use.

I'm also looking for feedback and suggestions, so if you have some please post them here.

(Also, thanks to Red Runner for his InSim library.)
Attached images
screenshot.jpg
Attached files
LFSTeamSpeak.zip - 84.3 KB - 973 views
THX , Peptis!!

i am waiting for like this tool!
Cool idea, Peptis.

Don't forget us Ventrilo guys though
This is going to be useful, off to test.
very nice
One other program existing to display names under TeamSpeak, fps, time'clock etc...look there TeamSpeak Overlay (working all games)
Dont need open insim port.
It's not working for me - check the video attached - it's get not connected everytime and not working .

My fault?
Attached files
Capture-001.zip - 88.6 KB - 357 views
NO its due you do change d3d...dll file to one of some mods.
Some mods (like Slickmod) change sometime this file to work.
Réinstall the original file

PS i think this soft dont like ATI video card (one of my friends have problem with)

Quote from kamo2000 :It's not working for me - check the video attached - it's get not connected everytime and not working .

My fault?

mine is also like that but it still works.
Well i though it would still work but nothing was shown when i started playing...:/
Unlucky me.
The DBP team ran with this with most of our drivers tonight on a server, all reported no problems after setup was corrected, and its a fantastic feature.

Thank you. Will be watching the development of this addon.
Quote from gwendoline :One other program existing to display names under TeamSpeak, fps, time'clock etc...look there TeamSpeak Overlay (working all games)
Dont need open insim port.

Yes, TSO does a similar thing, but it replaces the d3d8.dll file, meaning that it is incompatible with some mods. I guess you now have a choice as to which TeamSpeak application you like better.
Quote from kamo2000 :It's not working for me - check the video attached - it's get not connected everytime and not working .

My fault?

That is weird, I've never seen it behave like that before. It does connect, but then seems to lose the connection. The strange thing is that LFS isn't reporting the connection loss.

Unless you can give me some more information then I can't really help as I have no way to recreate the problem to test it.
Well i did nothing more than it was in your first post step by step.

oh and it crashes after i close lfs on nl_lsp.dll
addres 12349fd
One thing to report, once actually connected and working in lfs, the small LFS Teamspeak window with the status messages, shows Insim connection as Not Connected.

Tho it is and working. Ill get a screenshot at some point. Also had a crash on first run, address: 32b2122
Quote from OldBloke :Cool idea, Peptis.

Don't forget us Ventrilo guys though

Is it that hard to remember all 8 people (including yourself) in a ventrilo server...
Quote from kamo2000 :oh and it crashes after i close lfs on nl_lsp.dll
addres 12349fd

I thought I had fixed that. I'll have to look into it some more.

The problem is that the app is multithreaded, so it doesn't always crash, only if something happens at the "wrong time".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Is it that hard to remember all 8 people (including yourself) in a ventrilo server...

Ah but you're forgetting that the filthy rich amongst us are prepared to shell out the yearly 25 quid to get the superior team comms that Ventrilo provides.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : wat
i tried this program and it crashs as soon as i leave a garage, no error message just says report to microsoft or dont report.
I also lose my forcefeedback on my g25 too. have to restart game to get FF back.
Quote from AnyBodyKilla :i tried this program and it crashs as soon as i leave a garage, no error message just says report to microsoft or dont report.
I also lose my forcefeedback on my g25 too. have to restart game to get FF back.

I suggest you look into LFSRelax by Gai-Luron as I am planning on merging my TeamSpeak application with LFSRelax which does the TeamSpeak stuff and a whole lot more. AFAIK, LFSRelax is quite stable.
Can't Get it to work :s Does this work in Z28 as it was created when lfs was w-x version :P?
Probably not and considering the creator was last here 'Last Activity: 17th December 2008 05:07'
It wouldn't be updated for it in a hurry either

If there is a good number of people looking for an updated/new version of an app like this, Then I'd be happy to make one
It is incorporated into LFSRelax. Haven't tried it out yet (Win7 x64), but if it fails I'd like this one to work with Z28.

New InSim Application: LFS TeamSpeak
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG