The online racing simulator
LFS X dedicated server DrWatson
(15 posts, started )
Hi,

I'm running the [TC] CityDriving servers, currently "USA" and "Jamaica". Since patch X came out, Jamaica has crashed twice with a DrWatson in the Event Log.

Crash 1: (it's a Dutch server)
De toepassing, D:\Tools\LFS\LFSDED\LFS.exe, heeft een fout gegenereerd De fout is opgetreden op 09-06-2007 om 02.41.28.484 De gegenereerde uitzondering is c0000005 op adres 61686320 (<nosymbols>)

Crash 2:
De toepassing, D:\Tools\LFS\LFSDED\LFS.exe, heeft een fout gegenereerd De fout is opgetreden op 10-06-2007 om 07.14.31.531 De gegenereerde uitzondering is c0000005 op adres 6863206F (<nosymbols>)

USA is running fine. However, Jamaica allows more cars. Maybe there is something wrong with my config?

Some important settings:

/adminslots=4
/canreset=no
/mode=s2
/usemaster=yes
/track=FE3
/weather=1
/cars=ROAD
/maxguests=32
/carsmax=32
/carshost=1
/carsguest=1

Anyone care to help? Thanks.
Strange, one would think that a server crash after a new patch would attract more attention

Anyway, it has crashed 2 times since then, with exact the same error. However, it's running fine as we speak (been up about 12 hours now). So it's not solved, I'm expecting it to crash again sooner or later.
Thanks
The server has just gone down again

strangely enough it is always Jamaica server, and never USA, even though they are hosted on the same patch, and machine.

EDIT: From the deb.log the server is currently going through this cycle:

LFS DEDICATED HOST : 0.5X
timer resolution 1 ms
read config
get command line
load bans
load font
create english file
kb : Latin 1
initialisations
tables
default light map
load objects
start intro
Blackwood
end of initialisation
Exit : clean up
Exit : delete
shutting down
free objects
free languages
free humans
free font
free host list
kill graphics
save config
free mouse
EXIT

EDIT2: The server is now back up, but only because the host (arfman) set it up to restart every 10mins if a dr.watson bug report appears
Same executable for each USA and Jamaican server, or are they different?

If they're different I'd suggest one of them is broken.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Same executable for each USA and Jamaican server, or are they different?

If they're different I'd suggest one of them is broken.

Same exec for both servers
Do the insim modules work differently for each server by any chance?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Do the insim modules work differently for each server by any chance?

We dont use any insim apps on the servers.
Nevermind then.. hmm, that's an odd problem. Does anything get relevant or related in the event logs at the same time as the crash?
MY first post contains the Event Log entries
I meant anything else that happens at the same time, but doesn't specify LFS as the faulting system?

Edit: Out of interest, what happens if you shutdown both servers and then start up the Jamacian one first, then the USA one? Does the Jamacian one still crash, or does the USA one crash?
it is stange. We now have a 3rd server running. 32 slots, and its fine. It seems to be an issue with the jamaica config, or just some coincidence.
Tried binning the jamacian config and starting again? I can't see anything obviously wrong...

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG